Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Movies Do You Want To See Made Into Games?

I think that the next movie game that should be made is Kill Bill. Why is there no Kill Bill game for a gaming platform? I loved the movie, and QT did a great job. I think the game would be AMAZING if put into the right hands. I hope someone does it sometime around 2011. I mean after all they are making a Kill Bill 3, it has been announced to be released in 2014. Kill Bill FTW!

^_^ N

u know what that would be a pretty awesome game, and i love the kill bill movies also

I'd like to see a game based off Aliens, or maybe a survival-horror styled game based off Predator.

Kill Bill the video game would be awesome!!

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

none. the industries shouldn't cross streams.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    none. the industries shouldn't cross streams.
    Lies and slander sir. I recall Goldeneye fondly, and Im sure there are a few other shining examples. I can even go so far and as bold as to say video games are learning from movies. In fact, just now Im getting an idea for a new genre.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I'd like to see a game based off Aliens, or maybe a survival-horror styled game based off Predator.

he first game based on the franchise was Alien (1982) for the Atari 2600, a game heavily based on Pac-Man. A strategy game based on the first movie was released in 1984.
    Aliens was adapted into four different video games, a shoot 'em up arcade by Konami, a collection of minigames by Activision, a first-person shooter by Software Studios, and a MSX platformer by Squaresoft.
    Acclaim released three different games based on Alien 3, two different run and gun platformers (one for various platforms in 1992, another for the SNES a year later) and a Game Boy adventure game in 1993. Sega also released a light gun arcade, Alien 3: The Gun in 1993.
    The last game based on an Alien film was 2000's Alien Resurrection, a PlayStation first-person shooter.
    Other Alien games include Mindscape's adventure game Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure (1995), Acclaim's first-person shooter Alien Trilogy (1996), the FPS Aliens Online (199, the Game Boy Color action game Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (2001), and the mobile phone game Aliens: Unleashed (2003). The latest game released was the arcade game Aliens: Extermination, in 2006.
    In 1994, Atari Corporation released the Rebellion-developed first-person shooter Alien vs Predator for the Atari Jaguar, in which one could play as a Marine, Predator or Alien. Rebellion then went on to develop the similarly-themed Aliens versus Predator for PC. This was followed by, among others, Aliens versus Predator 2 and the expansion pack Aliens versus Predator 2: Primal Hunt.
    In December 2006, Sega struck a deal with Fox Licensing to release two games based on the Alien franchise on the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.[59] Only one of the two will be released, a first-person shooter by Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines, to be released in 2010.[60] In February 2009, Sega further released that a game based on the AvP franchise was in development by the developers of the original game, Rebellion Developments. This third AvP game is to be released in 2010, before the other two Aliens games.[61]

I would create a new genre. Suspense thriller.

I would like to see a game based on either Mr. Brooks or loosely based on Dexter. One where you play a family man who balances living a fake life with satisfying his urge to commit murder.

The point of the game is for your character to live a happy life, and your success allows you to continue to play that character.Your murders would have to fit a profile as to represent uncontrollable urges. The game would be sectioned into three distinct parts.

- Home living, where you can plot murder, drink coffee and improve skills by spending money one normal seeming items that could help your goals.

(in between cinematic narrations where you control conversation with a wheel option like mass effect, determins how much time you can buy to commit murder)

- Stalking, and capturing victims while being careful not to leave evidence or create a struggle. To much time spent here could lead to your kill being interrupted, meaning you leave tons of evidence while fleeing.

(in between cinematic narrations where you control the conversation and witness the dark side of your character)

- Evasion, the challenge of overcoming any evidence you leave behind, or dodging questions from the wife or a detective. You are set free to clean up your mess or die trying.

(in between cut scenes where your character has to sweat out one final conversation before his success is determined by your evasion actions)

All returning you to normal house living before you eventually build up the need to kill again.

Of course if I want to make something new, the focus would be on suspense and the thrill of getting away with it. So your tie to the character has to be strong. If you fail completely and you are found out your save file is locked and closed, and a score is calculated. With no limit to how long you can play, this could make some real suspense.

Its important to note that this allows you to change up and vary the brutal murder scenes with advanced planning and perhaps a function like equipping your murder tool bag. As well as allowing you to make more or less work for yourself at the "evasion" parts of the game by avoiding or making mistakes.

I just came up with this all right now, so I will work out the details in my head. Almost sounds dangerous to think to much about. I'm sure it would be decried as training device for murder, but throw in enough moral blur like allowing your character to kill people he perceives as evil, or make him a good honest god fearing man who cant help himself and we have a compelling game.
    Last edited by BobTD; 08-19-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

i always thought the movie gamer should have been made into a game that movies just so crazy i think it would be awsome

howard the duck.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Of course if I want to make something new, the focus would be on suspense and the thrill of getting away with it. So your tie to the character has to be strong. If you fail completely and you are found out your save file is locked and closed, and a score is calculated. With no limit to how long you can play, this could make some real suspense.
    would you really want it to play more endless arcade style or would you rather it be a linear story? I almost feel that allowing the player to reload and retry some of the more difficult levels and progressing a linear (or semi-linear) storyline would allow the player to become even MORE attached to their character and would give you (the designer) a lot more latitude to design effective and diverse levels and plot.

This is starting to sound like it would follow in heavy rain's footsteps rather closely... which I consider to be a good thing, although I haven't played heavy rain and don't know the game well enough to be completely well equipped for this conversation XD

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I'm sure it would be decried as training device for murder, but throw in enough moral blur like allowing your character to kill people he perceives as evil, or make him a good honest god fearing man who cant help himself and we have a compelling game.
    definitely pull every device imaginable to make it seem like this psychotic murderer is the "good guy"... definitely something the game would need to make it really interesting and offer the player to immerse themself in dark, righteous, vigilante desires.

Sounds like a fairly epic idea, I like it, Bob

I honestly can't think of a movie I'd want to make a game off of that hasn't been done yet... I also feel like any movie I did choose I'd feel like I were defiling by making a game from it. First thing that pops into my head would be inception... there could a couple different play stages - a strategy game where you design the level as the architect and then an action game where you play through the level.

I'd probably not follow the movie's plot and just go crazy with the theme that you could design dreams and execute them... and see where that went with potential settings/plots. Honestly, making dreamscapes the core of the design enables you a blank cheque to do pretty much anything you want with the game and incorporate any amount of varying content.

The game would get a lot of flak for stealing the concept presented in Inception and running in wild, freer directions with it, though. Meh... maybe if nothing else beyond that one core concept resembled the movie it'd fly and not be too recognized... would just have to dress it up with a time/setting/characters that was as far from inception as possible...
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

There are two ways to handle the idea that I suggested and you made me realize that they dont mix very well, any game based on a movie would have to follow a single plot line and have progressing levels. When I was thinking about making a game while posting the idea occured to me that we probably have the tech to make very detailed randomly generated content.

Why not allow your players to create their own serial killer? Then throw him in one of a few preset houses. Give them a small city environment to stalk potential targets and get licences plates or other clever ways of locating their targets later. If you are following the vigilante formula then they can set out in town to follow a specific person that they researched before setting out.

Then randomly generate the victims homes using a pyramid (imagine building blocks) of randomly generated content.

First it generates a house and the property its on from pre determined templates with only a few randomly created differences.

Then it generates the interior based on the simple template of Bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathrooms ect. within the avalible space, as evenly as possible.

Then it colors the house and adds details and furnishings that most easily fit into the leftover space.

The fun of it could be that you have to find the best possible way to overcome them in their own home. And then abduct them or allow your character to kill them there without leaving to much evidence. Also randomly generating characteristics about your target, like physical fitness, how often they have friends over, how much money they have could all affect the way you approach the situation.

The myriad of possibilities is endless.
    Last edited by BobTD; 08-20-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information