Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach

This game only come out in X360. dang. :S

I got it last Thursday. It's pretty fun. The campaign was pretty poor (and short) in my opinion. Me and my friend beat it co-op in like 3-4 hours. The online is a lot of fun, especially on the objective games. =)

I got to play Halo reach about a day ago . To me ( just a personal thing ) . It felt like they slightly mixed MW with Halo . This was in no way bad . The Graphics in some aspects have greatly increased . But things like dessert scenery or just being outside in general still has a very light touch . I think it is a great game from what I have played of it . I hope to be able to complete is soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Play Search View Post
    I got it last Thursday. It's pretty fun. The campaign was pretty poor (and short) in my opinion. Me and my friend beat it co-op in like 3-4 hours. The online is a lot of fun, especially on the objective games. =)
    Of course you'll beat the campaign if you play co-op on normal. I've got well over 11 hours on solo Legendary.

What about the campaign was poor?

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Campaign is perfect pretty much, the storyline is epic the heroes are badasses, the weapons are new and used. its a great mix of fighting and storytelling.

Finally came out in Saudi Arabia, it sells out in like LITERALLY 10 MINS at every store >.< SO i had mine reserved muahahah so yeah if you don't have me on XBL yet, hit me up!

DarkArmy92
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    Of course you'll beat the campaign if you play co-op on normal. I've got well over 11 hours on solo Legendary.

What about the campaign was poor?
    I was talking about the story when I said it was poor. I kind of had a warped view. I was playing it with a friend, so I wasn't paying much attention. The story seemed kind of boring to me. Maybe if I played it solo with my turtle beaches on, I would be more drawn in.

I also thought the gameplay was kind of boring. That's probably due to the fact we played on normal. Maybe if I had played on a harder difficulty it would have been more challenging and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Play Search View Post
    I was talking about the story when I said it was poor. I kind of had a warped view. I was playing it with a friend, so I wasn't paying much attention. The story seemed kind of boring to me. Maybe if I played it solo with my turtle beaches on, I would be more drawn in.

I also thought the gameplay was kind of boring. That's probably due to the fact we played on normal. Maybe if I had played on a harder difficulty it would have been more challenging and fun.
    I think the story and setting, having a more mature and realistic plot was a much better compliment to the game then one impossible feat after another. This was more of a look at the human side of spartans than a building of their godlike lore.

Also I really have a hard time imagining you beat the game in that short a time, I went through it on normal once solo and it still took me 8 hours without respawning. You are probably estimating, and if you looked at the real hours you might find that time flew because you where enjoying yourself.

Could you really sit down and focus on completing something in one go like that,(assuming if you think it took you 3-4 hours) if it really was boring you wouldn't have finished it right away.

Maybe its the difference between cheep entertainment over something true to the lore. I dont know many games that can deliver a solid an enjoyable game without preposterous (yay I got to use that word) story elements. Honestly they did the word "epic" a favor this time. Without abusing or devaluing the word, the story of reach, can honestly now rest amidst the term regardless of its overuse.

So in many ways, the single player was perfect.
    Last edited by BobTD; 09-23-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

finally got a chance to play reach with some of my buddies. gotta say i really do like it, but it was a bit hard getting used to some new controls...kept pressing B trying to melee and got raped lol

Quote Originally Posted by flared View Post
    finally got a chance to play reach with some of my buddies. gotta say i really do like it, but it was a bit hard getting used to some new controls...kept pressing B trying to melee and got raped lol
    Yeah. The new scheme was the downfall of me in the Beta, but overall I think it's better than Recon (the Halo 3 scheme.) Other than that, it's just getting the weapons down which shouldn't take too long.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Thread Information