Thread: Morrowind MMO

Default Morrowind MMO

So I was researching Bethdesa today since they are a developver and publisher, looking into their history and games they have published. I was interested int he history of the company so natually I started reading about Zenimax. In my studies I found Zenimax online:

ZeniMax Online Studios

Ok, so Zenimax the parent company of Bethdesa softworks makes Zenimax Online. A developer dedicated to making a AAA MMO. The obvious three conclusions here are:

New content
    Fallout MMO
    Morrowind MMO

Observation 1: Interplay still hold the rights to a Fallout MMO, and although thats still questionable (http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/04/16/interplay-likely-to-lose-fallout-mmo-rights/) considering Zenimax Online was organized on August 2007 its unlikely that that have been sitting on their hands this entire time.

Observation 2: The world of Nim (the setting for the elder scrolls games) has a rich history and lore already created and is a huge part of any good MMO. Take for example the imperial library:

http://www.imperial-library.info/

The fact that the elder scrolls has such a following makes it much more likely for it to be a prime MMO candidate then creating a new IP. And few if any of their subsidiary's games hold any potential for the MMO market.

Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe. Why do I have to point this out? No one really seems to have looked at the clues yet and pieced this together.

I think before long we will be hurling fireballs and and swinging swords at each other online in the world of Nim. Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by BobTD; 08-25-2010 at 10:49 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I'm pretty sure Bethesda are developing a new TES game, but i really doubt it would be an MMORPG.
    By the way, a MMORPG with Oblivion graphics, world and gameplay? HELL YEAH!

any reasons you would doubt it would be an MMO? I mean really, I cant think of any.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

that's an interesting supposition... I don't know enough about the companies to refute it so it sounds like a valid possibility to me. I'd love to see an Oblivion MMO... and if I think about it that would sell more than anything else they could release. They'd be hard pressed with competition against GW2, Star Wars Old Republic, and, of course, World and Warcrack. It could happen though...
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Seeing as zenimax online is attempting to make a AAA MMO, and considering that WOW took 4-5 years to develop and test.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
    "Development of the game took roughly 4–5 years, and included extensive testing"

The length of time and massive amount of content put into a top grade MMO is daunting, so WOW may have declined even more by the time a TES MMO may be released.

Basically, its hard to tell what their competition will be, but one thing is for sure, there arent a lot of AAA MMO games to choose from right now. I can see them being a worthy investment.

Lot's of gaming companies in the console game-making business seem to avoid the online world when it comes to them making a profit. Perhaps because they won't make as much(because there is no product cost.) unless they charge a monthly fee to play. Of course, anything over $5 a month is usually out of the question. WoW is a rare situation. Then the big question comes to mind, why even pay to play when there are 1000's of MMO's out there that are totally free. It's a losing market, for them. Mainly because they won't make their billions. Apparently making millions just isn't satisfying enough for them.

this is some necromancy but I figured it was worth it:

The Elder Scrolls Online

Who called it? oh right, me. No idea why I titled the thread Morrowind MMO though... I figured no one would know what the world of Nim was and didnt realize the Elder Scrolls Online was the obvious title choice.
    Last edited by BobTD; 12-04-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Thread Information