Thread: PS3 on HDTV

Default PS3 on HDTV

I have my PS3 hooked up to my LG 37" LCD HDTV. I hooked it up using the the wires that came with the system just plugging into the AV with the 3 colored wires. Is this getting me the best quality or do I need some other wire to get true high def for my PS3 games? Do I need to change anything in my settings? I'm pretty new to the PS3 I just want to be able to get the best quality I can before I start getting BluRays... Thanks for the help people.

~Tim

Well, the other 2 options are Component Cables which have 5 plugs, and HDMI cable which is only 1 plug. I'd go with an HDMI cable, they're flat and gold looking.

After you plug it into HDMI, you're gonna have to turn it on, then hold down the power button, it'll beep again and automatically find the input you're using

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Well, the other 2 options are Component Cables which have 5 plugs, and HDMI cable which is only 1 plug. I'd go with an HDMI cable, they're flat and gold looking.
    [image]
    After you plug it into HDMI, you're gonna have to turn it on, then hold down the power button, it'll beep again and automatically find the input you're using
    +1

Eps said it all. Component and HDMI are basically equal in their video quality, so you can get either; but I also would recommend HDMI over Component. If you really want to get into it, I found an article on all the differences between HDMI and Component.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Thanks to both of you I'll def read that article when I get a chance but based on what you're saying I think I'll probably get the HDMI wire Thanks alot and happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by timiscute View Post
    Thanks alot and happy new year
    why are you thanking alot? alot didn't help!

If I am not mistaken, component cable wont do 1080p, only HDMI will do that.

Once I hook up the wire is there any settings I need to change to make it 1080p or whatever or does it just do the best quality with the wire?

Quote Originally Posted by timiscute View Post
    Once I hook up the wire is there any settings I need to change to make it 1080p or whatever or does it just do the best quality with the wire?
    on the ps3, go to display settings, and choose whichever kind of cable you're using, then select the resolution you want.

Default Playstation 3 on my 42 inch LCD Flat Screen

Rocks I love it with my HDMI cords the quality is flawless.

Thread Information