Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Help My Ps2 Broke!!!

OK HERE IS THE STORY.........

I LEFT MY CONTROLLER PLUGED IN THE CONSOLE AND I ACCIDENTLY STEPED ON THE WIRE AND IT PULLED DOWN MY PS2 DROPPING IT TO THE FLOOR. iT DID NOT EVEN FALL ONE FEET AND NOT THE PS2 DISC TRAY WOULD NOT PROPERLY OPEN AND CLOSE.......

SO I'M THINKIN ITS NOTHING AND I TRY TO FIX IT MY SELF. I OPEN MY PS2 SYSTEMAND TRIED FIXING IT BUT I HAD NO LUCK...

NOW I HAVE A BROKEN PLAYSTATION 2 CONSOLE. I CALLED SONY AND EXPLAINED THEM WHAT HAPPENED. NOW THERE TELLING ME TO FIX WILL COST ME $65.00 AND TO REPLACE IT WITH A REFURBISHED ONE FOR $45.00. MY PLAYSTION 2 NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS SUCH AS DISC READ ERRORS CUZ THE LASER IS LIKE BRAND NEW CUZ I RARELY USE IT....

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Are you referring to that the cd door would not close all the way? Like the cd tray cover (with the PS logo on it) was sticking out? All you had to do was shove the door in. That happened when I knocked over my friends PS2. I just shoved it back in, and it worked again.

What is it that is broken now? You said you took it apart, but you never said what else you did to break it further?
    Last edited by Eric; 07-12-2007 at 09:45 PM.

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

i'd suggest you go to your local gaming store to see how much it would cost to fix and check price for refurbished ones, usually the creators of things like this tend to charge more than local stores
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Are you referring to that the cd door would not close all the way? Like the cd tray cover (with the PS logo on it) was sticking out? All you had to do was shove the door in. That happened when I knocked over my friends PS2. I just shoved it back in, and it worked again.

What is it that is broken now? You said you took it apart, but you never said what else you did to break it further?

Okay i opened the box all the way and the power/ disc open wire is pluged out from it original location, so now i might to open it a little further to try to get that wire properly pluged in but now my main concern is getting the tray fixed because its not properly attached to the mechanism or wheel....

maybe its not getting enough power for the wheel to turn, only a professional maybe able to tell when looking at it
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

i'd have to agree with linux, if there is an eb games or gamestop nearby, go ask them, dont take ur ps2 just yet, just scout around for a day then go back another day

Quote Originally Posted by theking View Post
    Okay i opened the box all the way and the power/ disc open wire is pluged out from it original location, so now i might to open it a little further to try to get that wire properly pluged in but now my main concern is getting the tray fixed because its not properly attached to the mechanism or wheel....
    Yeah, it is not worth it. I once had a wire undone, tried to put it back together, and it just screwed everything up. Everything is really quite flimsy, and I broke quite a lot just trying to get the wire plugged back in.

In the end, I simply trashed the thing.

So yeah, go to a proffesional

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Yeah, it is not worth it. I once had a wire undone, tried to put it back together, and it just screwed everything up. Everything is really quite flimsy, and I broke quite a lot just trying to get the wire plugged back in.

In the end, I simply trashed the thing.

So yeah, go to a proffesional

Yeah this is exactly what happened that flimsy wire came out,

i didnt even pull it out hard,

wow sony wanna sell expensive products with cheap quality

who never new!!!

Not entirely cheap, just really delicate

High grade electronics are obviously going to be moderately delicate. And just because yours was doesn't mean all the others are, there are many other things that could have affected your PS2.

I got my PS2 on launch day (UK) and it's still working perfectly. I've had no problems with it.

Thread Information