Default Yahoo! shutting down Yahoo! Photos

Yep, it's true, Yahoo! is shutting down Yahoo! Photos. Here is the email they sent out:

Dear Yahoo! Photos user,

For some time now, we've supported two great photo sharing services: Yahoo! Photos and Flickr. But even good things come to an end, and we've decided to close Yahoo! Photos to focus all our efforts on Flickr — the award-winning photo sharing community that TIME Magazine has called "completely addictive."

We will officially close Yahoo! Photos on Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. Until then, we are offering you the opportunity to move to another photo sharing service (Flickr, KODAK Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, or Photobucket), download your original-resolution photos back to your computer, or buy an archive CD from our featured partner (for users of the New Yahoo! Photos only). All you need to do is tell us what to do with your photos before we close, after which any photos remaining on Yahoo! Photos will be deleted and no longer accessible.

Of course, we hope you'll join us at Flickr (you can even use your Yahoo! ID), but we also realize that Flickr may not be for everyone. In the end, we want you to find the service that's right for you, and we hope you take some time to learn more about your options before making this important decision.

Please give us your decision by Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. After that time, any photos remaining in Yahoo! Photos will be deleted. Click here to make your decision, or review a list of our frequently asked questions.

Thanks for being a part of the Web's largest photo sharing service — we hope to see you over at Flickr!

The Yahoo! Photos team
    They are now working on their project, flickr, as noted in the above text.

What are your views on this?

- Slacker

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

my little sister uses flickr for her photos online, and i dont really care what google and yahoo do anymore, they just dont do stuff that benefits me anymore lol, they probably used to, but that was a long time ago - i'll stick to photobucket and my own host to host my pics online

Yeah Photobucket rocks, never heard of the Yahoo! Photo thingy :s
    Winner of 9 Sig of the Weeks | Member since April 8th 2007

Wow, that's a shame, to many companies - especially search engines - are investing loads of stock into the companies they buy, i know it's unlikely to happen but what if they die? they'd be pretty much screwed then lol

google kicks yahoo's ass anyday lol, yahoo can get shut down by google any day i hope you know that, nothing beats google in search engine these days
    i sign here

I didn't even know Yahoo had a photo thing...Haha wow..where was i..

I don't know they had one either [shrugs]

Quote Originally Posted by Gamoc View Post
    I don't know they had one either [shrugs]
    Same

It's all about competition

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

it doesnt afeect me i dont use yahoo nver have and never will for that reason any way i have a photobucket account and 700mb online storage so i host my stuff there

Thread Information