Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok, mariah. but you didn't have to tell me. haha.

its all good.

This kind of things are horrible to hear/watch... Some years ago, almost midnight, a girl was passing the road and a driver hitted her in the arm.
    Just a few stitches and some wounds, she turned out ok. The driver, instead of stopping, just runned away. There were no accidents, so police said he wasn't drunk probably. The girl also said she saw him with his hand on his ear, probably talking in the phone.
    Too dark to see what really happened and he's face, but he should at least freaking stoped!
    -> Thank you Miss Th3-devils-princess! I <3 DA SIG!
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Winner of One Signature of the Week!

glad too here you're okay..
    "The desire to reach for the sky runs deep in our psyche. -Cesar Pelli"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
    wait you want to know my real name?
    My real name is mariah lol
    I wish ya is Mariah carey lol.
    Nice name btw.

Those texting while driving stuff is rampant too here in the Philippines. A Car that Eliminates phone signals Should be invented now.

Currently Playing:Starcraft II:Wings of Liberty(PC) And LittleBigPlanet(PSP)
    Soon to get:Transformers:War for Cybertron(PC) And Just Cause 2(PC)

that sounds like a good idea too. a vehicle that eliminates the signals of cellphones.
    but then you never know, people will still text even if there's not a signal -- like save it as a draft or somethin.

Eliminating cell phone signals won't be popular because the driver isn't the only one in the car all the time. You have passengers and sometimes there are emergency situations.

I drive and I use a bluetooth when speaking on my cell phone and even then I try to keep the conversations brief because I know it distracts and if it has to be a long conversation, I pull over and talk for the time being.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by Ixel View Post
    I wish ya is Mariah carey lol.
    Nice name btw.
    oh thanks lol
    of course you would wish I was Mariah carey..

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    Eliminating cell phone signals won't be popular because the driver isn't the only one in the car all the time. You have passengers and sometimes there are emergency situations.

I drive and I use a bluetooth when speaking on my cell phone and even then I try to keep the conversations brief because I know it distracts and if it has to be a long conversation, I pull over and talk for the time being.
    a crazy idea is put a phone in the call. We got onstar so if there is sometype of emergency situation onstar will contact you if you were hit or you can call them.

Having sometype of jammer in the vehicle would be epic while it is on and in motion. if the vehicle is park and still on thats ok till they drop it into drive.

I will admit I have driven while talking on the phone but I do not stay on very long unless its family calling but even still my eyes are on the road and Im paying attention to the idiots around me and I know what is going on around my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    Today, on my way to school, I noticed in my rear view mirror that this teen girl was texting while driving. It looked like her hands were not touching the steering wheel. From what I saw, she was holding her cellphone with both hands. so pretty much she was driving with her palms or forearms.
    Sounds like you were a little preoccupied yourself! /jk~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    Also, from this experience, it triggered an idea. Imagine this: the government & automobile companies should make some kind of tracking device & put it somewhere hidden in the vehicles they make. That way, it will be easier to catch people who get distracted or text while driving. Do you think this will be a good idea?
    Absolutely not. Being a US American, with the ongoing tensions of government control vs. people's rights, this if nothing else would trigger our next revolutionary war. I mean...California not passing Prop 19 was pretty big, but not enough to start a war. Obama is lucky he didn't commence Operation: Scratch Amendment 2 or else we may have already been in the revolutionary predicament. The TSA is breaching revolutionary-war-fundamentals by feeling up people by law who don't want to pass through a radiation-emitting detector.

Be careful what you wish for. One day the government is tracking your car, the next day you get pulled over by a cop who never saw you speeding because "the government tracked you at 80 mph."

Thread Information