Good stuff joker <:

One day I'll get an xbox ) :
    you so should then come join us on halo
    <3 thank you knibbler <3

<3 Knibbler Gave Me My Crush <3

my sigs new stuff - Gamers Forum
    my shop :: Devils Shoppie Time - Gamers Forum

i know eh D:

man.. if i had a decent tv i'd ask for one for christmas then i could play it in my room. lol
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Great review, very nice.

I played the campaign, completed it within a day and must admit that it was horrendously short. Also, I didn't enjoy the fact that the Covenant were much stronger as opposed to how tough they were in later Halo titles. I suppose the key element that warded me away was the multiplayer. Since the bullet magnetism was dropped, everything seems sloppy. Not to mention with the addition of sprint, using the sword and shotgun in addition to said ability basically breaks the game.

The only saving grace I could find within the game was Forge World. It will be a sad day when the Halo 3 servers are shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelranox View Post
    Also, I didn't enjoy the fact that the Covenant were much stronger as opposed to how tough they were in later Halo titles.
    I wont speak on the difference between this Halo game and others, as I've only played Halo 1 on PC and this game, Halo: Reach, and only with limited experience at that... but I felt the Covenant got tougher in this one because the game took a shift away from you being the hero and forced you to effectively play with your team/squad. I thought it made for refreshingly different than previous halo titles and especially made the co-op campaign very engaging.

The multiplayer played very smoothly, fairly, and halo-y to my eye, but again, I'm not comparing that to anything but Halo 1 and other FPSs.

Also, the Pistol got its scope back
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    I wont speak on the difference between this Halo game and others, as I've only played Halo 1 on PC and this game, Halo: Reach, and only with limited experience at that... but I felt the Covenant got tougher in this one because the game took a shift away from you being the hero and forced you to effectively play with your team/squad. I thought it made for refreshingly different than previous halo titles and especially made the co-op campaign very engaging.

The multiplayer played very smoothly, fairly, and halo-y to my eye, but again, I'm not comparing that to anything but Halo 1 and other FPSs.

Also, the Pistol got its scope back
    I realize that you aren't playing as Master Chief, however you're still using several of the same weapons. As far as I'm concerned, a bullet is a bullet. I felt fine with being limited in power on ODST, so I didn't want to go through it again on Reach. As for the Pistol, that's nice but I'd happily trade that in for the mechanics of Halo 3.

In many ways, the mechanics are better than Halo 3's.

The reason you seem slightly more vulnerable is because they wanted to bring the Covenant back to their origins, being this fear-inducing alien race. They made the Covenant stronger, while keeping you at a good strength, but Reach gives you more options too, allowing you to think instead of just run in guns blazing as was often the case with Halo 3, co-op or not.

It's no longer spray and pray with the AR and then melee when you get close enough for the people who aren't good with the BR, and those good with the BR can no longer dominate from any range.

Each gun has it's own purpose and actually take a small bit of knowledge and control to use efficiently. The armor abilities all have their own pros and cons, it all comes with knowing what to use and when, and how to counter the others.

All that "bullet magnetism" was. is an increased sticky aim, and it could wreak havoc on your aim if a dumbass team mate runs in front of you as you're shooting.

Not to say Halo 3 was horrid, but on the whole, Reach is a much richer, in-depth and is better off as a result.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    In many ways, the mechanics are better than Halo 3's.

The reason you seem slightly more vulnerable is because they wanted to bring the Covenant back to their origins, being this fear-inducing alien race. They made the Covenant stronger, while keeping you at a good strength, but Reach gives you more options too, allowing you to think instead of just run in guns blazing as was often the case with Halo 3, co-op or not.

It's no longer spray and pray with the AR and then melee when you get close enough for the people who aren't good with the BR, and those good with the BR can no longer dominate from any range.

Each gun has it's own purpose and actually take a small bit of knowledge and control to use efficiently. The armor abilities all have their own pros and cons, it all comes with knowing what to use and when, and how to counter the others.

All that "bullet magnetism" was. is an increased sticky aim, and it could wreak havoc on your aim if a dumbass team mate runs in front of you as you're shooting.

Not to say Halo 3 was horrid, but on the whole, Reach is a much richer, in-depth and is better off as a result.
    1. That doesn't raise any logical reason as to why they -are- stronger, other than the fact that Bungie simply -wanted- them to be.

2. It isn't the BR, it's the DMR. At any rate, the weapon didn't make the player. Use MLG as a medium. Everyone was given access to the BR, however only those that were exceptionally skilled in using such could prevail in matches. So, it's safe to say that people of whom were initially skilled with the BR in H3, are doing just as well with the DMR in Reach. I never did use the AR, because it's a less tactical weapon as a whole.

3. The armor abilities don't really utilize situational awareness to its fullest, considering you can only choose one per spawn. So, it basically becomes a game of rock, paper, scissors in most situations. I just feel that it's tacked on and I'd be fine with no abilities at all, teamwork was just as fine in competitive gameplay in H3 without such.

4. Bullet magnetism is a term used by game designers. It sounds much better than sticky auras. I know why it would drop if a team mate ran in front of you, that doesn't change the fact that it feels sloppy in Reach. The first three shots are mostly smooth and clean, however getting that last shot to clinch a kill is always too loose.

In the end, it comes down to what you enjoy. I didn't enjoy the majority of Reach and will continue to play H3 until the servers are shut down. Then I'll have to rely on Halo 4 and pray that whichever company takes on the project, won't add features from Reach to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelranox View Post
    1. That doesn't raise any logical reason as to why they -are- stronger, other than the fact that Bungie simply -wanted- them to be.

2. It isn't the BR, it's the DMR. At any rate, the weapon didn't make the player. Use MLG as a medium. Everyone was given access to the BR, however only those that were exceptionally skilled in using such could prevail in matches. So, it's safe to say that people of whom were initially skilled with the BR in H3, are doing just as well with the DMR in Reach. I never did use the AR, because it's a less tactical weapon as a whole.

3. The armor abilities don't really utilize situational awareness to its fullest, considering you can only choose one per spawn. So, it basically becomes a game of rock, paper, scissors in most situations. I just feel that it's tacked on and I'd be fine with no abilities at all, teamwork was just as fine in competitive gameplay in H3 without such.

4. Bullet magnetism is a term used by game designers. It sounds much better than sticky auras. I know why it would drop if a team mate ran in front of you, that doesn't change the fact that it feels sloppy in Reach. The first three shots are mostly smooth and clean, however getting that last shot to clinch a kill is always too loose.

In the end, it comes down to what you enjoy. I didn't enjoy the majority of Reach and will continue to play H3 until the servers are shut down. Then I'll have to rely on Halo 4 and pray that whichever company takes on the project, won't add features from Reach to it.
    1) It doesn't explicitely say it, no. However, it's more of a gameplay mechanism than anything else. If you're going by gameplay alone, then the Elites in 1-3 are wimpy little babies. In all other lore, the Elites are faster, stronger, and bigger. They wanted to bring this in to their final game, to give them the menacing look and feel that they should have had all alone.

2) I never said the DMR and the BR was the same. Not one little hint. And I never said that the gun made the player either, because it doesn't. However, if you've got one person with an AR and one with a BR, chances are the BR is going to win, because it's an overall better gun, not taking into account the player's skill. There was no reason to use the AR or any other gun other than the BR or the power weapons because they were all weak compared the BR. They fixed this in Reach so each weapon has it's strong point.

Also, the AR is not as tactic-less as you seem to think it is. It's useful if you use it smartly.

3) Sure they do, you've just got to be situation-ally aware, yourself. It may feel tacked on to you, but they work quite well with the pace of things.

4) If you're talking about any of the Human weapons (With the exception of the Spartan Laser, grenade launcher, and rockets), there is no bullet magnetism, it's all hit-scan for the most part. If you have problems getting a kill it's because of the bloom or you just can't get the reticule on your target.

Honestly, anything after Reach is going to be iffy at best until released, as bidding for the next Halo game is still open.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Thread Information