Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    1) It doesn't explicitely say it, no. However, it's more of a gameplay mechanism than anything else. If you're going by gameplay alone, then the Elites in 1-3 are wimpy little babies. In all other lore, the Elites are faster, stronger, and bigger. They wanted to bring this in to their final game, to give them the menacing look and feel that they should have had all alone.

2) I never said the DMR and the BR was the same. Not one little hint. And I never said that the gun made the player either, because it doesn't. However, if you've got one person with an AR and one with a BR, chances are the BR is going to win, because it's an overall better gun, not taking into account the player's skill. There was no reason to use the AR or any other gun other than the BR or the power weapons because they were all weak compared the BR. They fixed this in Reach so each weapon has it's strong point.

Also, the AR is not as tactic-less as you seem to think it is. It's useful if you use it smartly.

3) Sure they do, you've just got to be situation-ally aware, yourself. It may feel tacked on to you, but they work quite well with the pace of things.

4) If you're talking about any of the Human weapons (With the exception of the Spartan Laser, grenade launcher, and rockets), there is no bullet magnetism, it's all hit-scan for the most part. If you have problems getting a kill it's because of the bloom or you just can't get the reticule on your target.

Honestly, anything after Reach is going to be iffy at best until released, as bidding for the next Halo game is still open.
    1. Again, the simple reason that they wanted them to be stronger doesn't make any sense chronologically.

2. You confused BR with DMR =P That's what I was pointing out.

3. Alright, let's say you choose a hologram to begin with and immediately, you're killed by a sprinter with a sword. Hologram couldn't save you there. Paper beats rock. To prevent this from happening in the future, you decide to go with armor lock. The next time you're charged you immediately use armor lock, drain his shield, stop him in his tracks and clean up the kill. Scissors cuts paper. That isn't really situational awareness, that's trial and error.

4. I'm talking about weapons in general. I realize that no bullet magnetism exists in Reach, that's why I stated that it was -dropped-.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelranox View Post
    1. Again, the simple reason that they wanted them to be stronger doesn't make any sense chronologically.

2. You confused BR with DMR =P That's what I was pointing out.

3. Alright, let's say you choose a hologram to begin with and immediately, you're killed by a sprinter with a sword. Hologram couldn't save you there. Paper beats rock. To prevent this from happening in the future, you decide to go with armor lock. The next time you're charged you immediately use armor lock, drain his shield, stop him in his tracks and clean up the kill. Scissors cuts paper. That isn't really situational awareness, that's trial and error.
    First, it makes total sense chronologically. Like I said, going by gameplay of Halo 1-3 alone doesn't do the Elite any justice in the end of it. They changed it to better fit how the Elites are in Halo lore. They changed it to better fit the story.

Second, I didn't confuse anything. It's called an example. In Halo 3, everyone grabbed the BR because it was a better weapon than all the rest. I never once said or implied that the BR was in Reach, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Lastly, you're only using them in the most basic of examples, and somewhat poorly at that. 90% of people STILL fall for the Hologram. You can't immediately melee/shoot right out of using sprint. Sure, there may be a seemingly small recovery time, but there is a recovery time.

Say someone sticks you, you can go into armor lock and it flings the grenade off of you. A rocket or plasma launcher is shot at you, hit it at the right time and the projectile flies back at the shooter. You see a vehicle coming at you, wait until it's too late and hit AL, and bam! Dead vehicle.

There are lots of useful things you can do with the armor abilities, you just have to look beyond the obvious and use some creativity.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    First, it makes total sense chronologically. Like I said, going by gameplay of Halo 1-3 alone doesn't do the Elite any justice in the end of it. They changed it to better fit how the Elites are in Halo lore. They changed it to better fit the story.

Second, I didn't confuse anything. It's called an example. In Halo 3, everyone grabbed the BR because it was a better weapon than all the rest. I never once said or implied that the BR was in Reach, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Lastly, you're only using them in the most basic of examples, and somewhat poorly at that. 90% of people STILL fall for the Hologram. You can't immediately melee/shoot right out of using sprint. Sure, there may be a seemingly small recovery time, but there is a recovery time.

Say someone sticks you, you can go into armor lock and it flings the grenade off of you. A rocket or plasma launcher is shot at you, hit it at the right time and the projectile flies back at the shooter. You see a vehicle coming at you, wait until it's too late and hit AL, and bam! Dead vehicle.

There are lots of useful things you can do with the armor abilities, you just have to look beyond the obvious and use some creativity.
    1. You're basically saying that because Bungie falsely defined the Covenant as being tough, it makes sense chronologically because they only got it right in the precursor to the main Halo series. It would make more sense if they had stopped doing pushups or something.

2. You didn't state -In Halo 3- before or anywhere during that comment, so it led me to believe that you confused the two weapons. Loads of people are confusing the two, so it's commonplace. umad?

3. The most basic? You aren't going to find yourself in the right situation for every game, I'm taking true examples. Even though you can't immediately strike when having come out of sprint, a hologram would do you no good if you can clearly see the enemy within two or three feet of you. When using armor lock, you aren't going to constantly have a vehicle baring down on you, someone chasing you with a gravity hammer or even a rocket launcher.

I know this. I've played the multiplayer, not every game is as close and convenient as that. You can't only include the good moments. I understand the -purpose- behind the armor abilities, however they aren't always going to be utilized to their fullest extent. Sometimes you'll find yourself in a good situation, others not. Just like a game of paper, rock, scissors.

Again, it boils down to whether or not you enjoy the game. I stated that I didn't enjoy the game and have been very calm in doing so. I didn't put words in your mouth, nor did I intend on starting an argument. =P

This got supranerdy really fast

hawhaw
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by LemonRising View Post
    This got supranerdy really fast

hawhaw
    Seems right for a gaming forum. =P

Hi! Oh, what's that up there? Oh, I made that. Want one? Just let me know~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelranox View Post
    Seems right for a gaming forum. =P
    Haw.. my thoughts exactly.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Just a quick post I edited my review and made it longer and more details.

Thread Information