Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default New Years Resolutions

What you planning for this year. Me personally is to keep my life going in a positive track, which would be keeping my current job so that i can buy a car and getting into a welding school.

Save up enough money to go to the trade school I want and to find a girl that will not tell me the morning after that they have a boyfriend already...

welding school
    A lot of my friends either have blue collar jobs or went to a trade school after high school and quite a few did welding. They said it was great and although the job search is hard, it was a great skill to pick up and can pay off if you manage to find a job.

One of my friends is perusing underwater welding so he can work on ships for the military and commercial vessels.

I wish you the best of luck departed!

thanks bro. there is decent starting wage jobs for welding related around. 13-17 start. The welding school i want is 4300 7 month program that a lot of people around here go to get certified. Yeah underwater welding is fantastic for wages but not for me, i want something local where i can come home to my girl each night. I'm hoping to get into something like i seen not long ago with 4 10 hour days a week, would be good.

I can't say I agree with your thinking. I don't know your situation with your lady friend so I'm probably wrong but unless things are pretty serious I wouldn't hold back my opportunities for a girl unless I absolutely adore them. Again you might feel that way and been going out with her for a few years. I'd just hate to see ya stay local only to not have it work out is all.

Alsoo much luck to qualifying and the schooling, I heard you need like 500 or so hours of welding for it.

For the welding school its a 420 hour course. 5 hour classes on monday, tuesday, wednesday. As for my gf, I've been living with her for a few months now and i want this to be a forever thing and I know time apart will ruin what we have. I don't understand how people do it tbh. But each their own i suppose, different outlooks, different feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    For the welding school its a 420 hour course. 5 hour classes on monday, tuesday, wednesday. As for my gf, I've been living with her for a few months now and i want this to be a forever thing and I know time apart will ruin what we have. I don't understand how people do it tbh. But each their own i suppose, different outlooks, different feelings.
    I understand that completely! I've heard nothing but horror stories from the whole "lets stay together when I go away to college" thing. I had a buddy of mine manage it for a few years but it's usually a fairytale if those things work out. I'd just go insane with the paranoia.

Yeah paranoia and sadness of not being able to do all the benefits that come along with having a gf.

Stay at my job, save a ton of money, buy a new desktop and car (my current one has 260,000+ miles on it). Maybe try to pack on 20-30 pounds if I can.

As in gain weight? Intersting, most times people are trying to lose it which nyr's :P, what kind of car you got?

I'm going to try my hardest to get over my ex and look for reasons to be happy in my life. I'm also going to try for my driver's licence and I'd love to lose 80 more pounds (on top of the 80 I've already lost).

Thread Information