Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, I am familiar with all that.

Lately I have been doing experiments on FFT. Apparently placement of your units in a battle, strongly determines what you're going to fight. I always personally felt it was completely random but apparently not. I have specific setups for two sets of guys.

The one set I can almost always get running into a bunch of fireballs at I think it was Barius hill. Where as, if I have a different set of characters set up a specific way I can always run into a bunch of chocobos. I did this testing at I think the other level is called "Barius valley" if I am not mistaken and got it set up so I always run into monks. I was collecting up black costumes. There of course still is a % of randomness though that can effect the outcome of what you fight but it seems much smaller then I had thought when I played long long agooo.

I didn't know how the move-find item skill worked. As far as I was aware all items you pick up from that turn out to be crap. Didn't know you could actually get worthwhile items from it :X
    Last edited by ViciousGamer04; 10-07-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Hey Gamers! If you want to make a little extra money this month to pay for that new game coming out check out and start earning cash by trying products, joining websites, and plenty of other unique ways to earn by visiting here: Get Paid To Do Tasks

If your a quick reader you might want to check this out (Move find item guide), the ultimate javalin and shield are the only things you can mess up by not getting on a file. Im pretty sure you can go back to the deep dungeon for chaos blades and other fun stuff.

It would be interesting to see a formula for how encounters are determined in random battle. Now that you mention it, the fact that monsters are varied by location and tied to your overall level it would make sense that you could get predictable results in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousGamer04 View Post
    I like my Purple Chocobo. He's effective at times, somewhat.
    going back to this, seeing as you can rename monsters you could just name him boco, but blk chocobo was also from the same game so I have mixed feelings about causing character confusion. We dont want another pipboy/ vaultboy fiasco.

Also on a side note, a have a female friend who keep a red chocobo and named it "sephiroth" because it can use meteor. Incidentally she also pointed out this way she can make cloud ride sephiroth. =P
    Last edited by BobTD; 10-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Yeah, it seems to be strongly based on the type of classes you have within the battle, your level, the way you position them, and there is a small % of randomness within it as well(A different monster here and there occasionally.).

The fact that I got about five black costumes in a row seems to suggest I know what I am talking about(I am not too far into the game on this file yet..). The only problem though is that if you get put in a different place on the map you'll have to know the pattern for there as well.

In a way I kind of prefer the chocobo I got over the red one. The red one seems too easy to "abuse". The one I got seems to be of a reasonable balance and quite helpful as an assist character. Especially when one of my characters needs to travel a large distance to eliminate an enemy.

And lol at naming a chocobo, "Sephiroth". :X

Also. After reading over that "Move-Find" Item guide I realized I didn't miss much SO FAR. Just some early on things I could have gotten for specific classes like the Samurai and Bard.

Chapter 2.3 is where it seems the items get a looot better.
    Last edited by ViciousGamer04; 10-08-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    Hey Gamers! If you want to make a little extra money this month to pay for that new game coming out check out and start earning cash by trying products, joining websites, and plenty of other unique ways to earn by visiting here: Get Paid To Do Tasks

I have never used bards, or dark knights and Mimes from the PSP version for that matter as well. I Guess I got through the game to fast most times or just didnt end up using the right classes to unlock them ever.

The PSP version I haven't finished yet so I will see what happens with that. Hopefully if I make a complete file on it the game will let you play the file after the final boss. I dont like how you cant save and continue a file after the fact. A downside to many great games.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

On the PSX version my Summoner is now a Summoner/Dancer. My main guy a Lancer/Calculator(soon to be fully mastered!), another guy is a Monk/Bard, and I got Agrias in but she's pretty direction-less. Mustadio is a fully mastered archer with short-charge. My other guy is a Samurai/Thief(Used for main battles, basically. Otherwise he's pretty useless.)

I do agree with that. All game's should be continued to be played even after beating it. For perhaps extra secrets to be found or for any other reason simply to play and enjoy the file. It's why I like Disgaea so much. So muchhh re-play value and you can play at harder and harder levels making for quite a challenging game.
    Last edited by ViciousGamer04; 10-16-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Thread Information