Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bungie Punishes 15,000 Halo: Reach Cheaters

If you think you've figured out a sneaky way to get ahead of the pack in Halo: Reach's multiplayer, be warned: Bungie may be on to you, and they don't take kindly to cheaters. The developer has announced that they recently discovered an in-game workaround many players have used to quickly accrue in-game credits, and they've since punished a whopping 15,000 players who exploited the glitch.

"Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via intentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)," Bungie explained in a forum post announcing the punishments. "Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't."

As punishment, Bungie has wiped out the in-game credits of those found to be using the exploit. They also issued these players a one-day ban from earning credits, "mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken." Bungie also insists that "as with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives."

And they're not done yet, so if you feel like trying to figure out this exploit yourself, be warned. "A more comprehensive pass will be occurring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof," the post reads. "If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider."
    Bungie Punishes 15,000 Halo: Reach Cheaters

This makes me smile and laugh.... It's always good to see cheaters getting banned for trying to fig. out ways to rank up fast.... Lol...

YESSSS!!!! I love you Bungie!!!!!!!
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

was worried for a second there because i joined my friends game yesterday to find out they were using a small work around to be invincable in firefight, which is how i gained the "reach 50 waves of enemies without dieing on legendary" achievement. Shouldnt get banned tho since i didnt earn any credits from it.

people who cheat are sad little pathetic creatures who need to get beat with a cinderblock.

Haha love this. I don't see what they get from cheating the whole idea of the game is to build up and earn points by playing the game, not by cheating.

They deserve it.

But if it was me, I'd put them in negative credits (if it's not possible, I'd make it happen).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

glad to see this really .. my thoughts on this are much like joker's really - without the violent bit

its like my dad used to say...cheating is fine as long as you dont get caught.

but i think he was talking about relationships

Quote Originally Posted by blaze4556 View Post
    its like my dad used to say...cheating is fine as long as you dont get caught.

but i think he was talking about relationships
    lol wtf ..

that's kinda messed-up hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    lol wtf ..

that's kinda messed-up hehe
    he was a dirty man

Thread Information