Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Gaming

Talking PC Gaming

right im wondering is WoW worth playing and paying the online fee.
    as i have heard mixed reviews like its a good game but the expansion packs
    are to much and there are to many.

so could you help me people of the forum ?

thanks

I did play WoW but when they started coming out with the expainsions i did think they were to much when you also have to pay for the subscrption the game is good but i think its overpriced

I've never played WoW and have no intentions of it. I feel that Guild Wars is worth it. You buy the game once and that's it. Unlimited access, no monthly fees, and the sequel comes out soon! There are a few expansions but not a ton of them and it's a great game anyways. I'd highly recommend it over WoW.

I'll never play it...paying monthly to play a game seems not worth it. If it's one time pay then I don't have a problem but with my schedule, I could end up playing just an hour of it which wouldn't be worth it at all.

And I don't want to feed Blizzard's WoW pot.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Like all of them described it's better than you don't try WoW.
    It's ain't free and plus you have to pay for sub.
    Just reminder for you that their is countless of free mmo like WoW available online.
    Why not ya try it out.

As a veteran WoW player I'd say it comes down to one thing once you put aside all the 'ifs' and 'buts' .. if you have a LOT of gaming time. If you don't then don't bother with WoW - you won't even get close to getting the most from it, and might be better to get your RPG/Fantasy kick from other games. However, if you have a reasonable amount of gaming time and are looking for a massive and engaging game with a vibrant community then yes you should. WoW is a landmark game for a reason. The sub in mmo terms is very reasonable, and can be further reduced through other incentives Blizz offers so financial considerations are mostly a red herring - especially as WoW will keep you more than occupied so you won't need to buy as many games in the course of 6 months to a year.

It's a lot of fun too ofc, but a massive time-whore and very addictive .. if you're a very casual gamer then it might not be 100% for you. After all levelling from 1-80 is only the start of the game .. there's a LOT to do when you reach the level cap also .. and I mean a LOT.

I'd recommend you get the trial version of WoW and check out whether you like it or not .. then base your decision on your enjoyment of it and whether you have the time for it to make financial sense too. A marriage of these things tends to represent the best balance for any mmo, let alone WoW.

Erm, I'd say at least give the free trial a shot. Don't listen to people of whom are simply warding you away for the sheer fact that -they- don't like it. If you've enough money for the measly $15 a month payments, then go ahead. As well, you don't HAVE to buy the expansions to play the game. You simply can't access certain areas or certain tidbits throughout the game. However, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game as is.

Guild Wars is free, so what? It's a completely different game. Since when did competition ruin peoples gaming experiences?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kelranox View Post
    Erm, I'd say at least give the free trial a shot. Don't listen to people of whom are simply warding you away for the sheer fact that -they- don't like it. If you've enough money for the measly $15 a month payments, then go ahead. As well, you don't HAVE to buy the expansions to play the game. You simply can't access certain areas or certain tidbits throughout the game. However, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game as is.

Guild Wars is free, so what? It's a completely different game. Since when did competition ruin peoples gaming experiences?
    A valid point. It does depend on a person's budget, and preference. Personally I loved all the old school Warcraft games that were out, and if I had a reason that I could put into words as to why I refuse to play WoW I would tell you. But personally I can't give a good reason. Perhaps it is because of the monthly fee, that does perhaps assist the fact that I don't want to play it.

But, I'm sure that WoW creators aren't worried about that. WoW is still an incredibly popular game and I'm sure they aren't hurting for money or anything, granted, it's about playing and game experience, not money.

I really don't think it's worth it. I don't know how people can possibly pay monthly to play a game. It's like renting a game, but just longer and longer! Yes, people play this game hours without end!
    -> Thank you Miss Th3-devils-princess! I <3 DA SIG!
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Winner of One Signature of the Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    I really don't think it's worth it. I don't know how people can possibly pay monthly to play a game. It's like renting a game, but just longer and longer! Yes, people play this game hours without end!
    Yes, but to keep several hundred servers open constantly for everyone to enjoy the game along with friends and unknowns, that is a far different experience as opposed to simply renting a game over and over. That does require a bit of compensation.

Thread Information