Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn warcraft

Default Damn warcraft

So I have an issue that has just recently came up, by recently I mean within the past 2-4 hours...

Im not sure what is going on but I play world of warcraft and when i first woke up and started playing at 9 it worked fine a little lag and out of no where i get an error message of "Your display graphics have failed and successfully recovered." the game was off texture wise and it lagged to hell when I tried to do anything. SO I dealt with it and moved on, so I Alt tab alot no harm, and out of random... My computer locks up, im like wtf this is crap. So i restart and try it over, crashes again and I get a blue screen that says Intel graphic drivers failed. Ok so I did found some new drivers installed them and it keeps crashing.

Any idea on what is going?

In short:

Warcraft runs fine up till about 10pm indiana time
    first sign of an issue is an error of "Your display graphics have failed and successfully recovered."
    Blue screen of death informs me its graphic driver issues.
    Download new graphic drivers
    still crashing

/rage

Intel graphic drivers failed
    Intel integrated graphics? Is it a laptop or PC? It just looks like as if the GPU is just being overworked/overpowered by the game so it's just freezing or shutting down. The blue screen this time seems to be from the graphics card.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah its a integrated graphics card on a PC.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

If I were you I'd get something like Driver Detective and update the drivers that are out of date etc.

Then in WoW, before loading on to a server, look at the default settings for graphics and performance and adjust accordingly. WoW isn't too intensive when it comes to performance, but sometimes needs some tweaking.

driver detective copy

I did update my drivers but still no luck.

Only way I can check settings is in game so i cant do anything till blizzard helps me. BUT on the good side im not the only person this crap is happening too.

You might have to get another graphics card - intel integrated graphics isn't really best for gaming. But t here are different versions of the integrated gpu, see if your PC can run it here: Can You Run It?

If it can, then the GPU on your motherboard may be wearing out.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

After crashing again and not closing the window that pops up explaining why my computer crashed I got an BCCode of 116, according to Microsoft that is video driver related and suggest uninstalling current drivers.

I found some video drivers from dell I need for my computer and it says I need to update them now yet all its doing is giving me the run away saying you need to download this program etc etc...

Ok after screwing around for 20 minutes trying to figure out wtf is going on and why I cant download what I want. The drivers caused a serious error and my computer couldnt even boot. 5-10 seconds after powering up my machine it would crash and I didnt even have enough time to see what the problem was. So instead of trying to fix it by downloading new drivers, Im going to use system restore points to see what is going on.

Ok, I am sure now that its World of Warcraft that is the problem Why? Because If I can load up TF2 without crashing than it has to be on their end not mine, I was just in a game of TF2 which is mor demanding on a pc than WoW. So im not really sure what to do, but just wait....
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 10-20-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    Ok, I am sure now that its World of Warcraft that is the problem Why? Because If I can load up TF2 without crashing than it has to be on their end not mine, I was just in a game of TF2 which is mor demanding on a pc than WoW. So im not really sure what to do, but just wait....
    Try reinstalling WoW. Something might have corrupted.

A few weeks ago, I had issues connecting to any L4D2 servers - I updated my drivers and windows update and everything and later found out one of the files got corrupted when I did a system integrity check. I later reinstalled just to be sure all the files were newly downloaded and it helped.

So it might help you out as well.

I would do that linux if I had a high amount of certainly that it would work. Ive been all over the tech support forums and ive ready 5-10 threads regarding this situation and how people uninstalled and reinstalled and how the computer just kept crashing.

They do have a repair i might run
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 10-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    I would do that linux if I had a high amount of certainly that it would work. Ive been all over the tech support forums and ive ready 5-10 threads regarding this situation and how people uninstalled and reinstalled and how the computer just kept crashing.

They do have a repair i might run
    ah...hopefully that works. I know how frustrating it can be when a game doesn't work like that.

Thread Information