Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Medal of Honor *Spoiler Free*

I was just wondering what the general opinion of the latest Medal of Honor installment is like here on this Forum. From what I have seen from the many threads I have read in the past day, this Forum doesn't have that much Fanboyism going around (Which is always a good thing, means we can have actual educated discussions instead of flame wars).

Just a bit of background information for those of you who are not familiar with MoH: The game is a Modern FPS which is set in the War in Afghanistan and is based around a true military operation ("Operation Anaconda"). A interesting fact behind the development of the game is that the game actually had two different developers; Danger Close (Basically EA Los Angeles, who have developed all of the games in the MoH series) developed the singleplayer using the Unreal Engine 3. The Multiplayer on the other hand was developed by DICE, who are of course the developers of Bad Company 2 and MoH uses the same engine as Bc2 (Frostbite).

I frequent the MoH section of the EA Forums a lot, and I must say that the sh*t has hit the fan there. Basically nothing but complainers there having a cry about how hard the Multiplayer is. Really sad, to be honest.

I personally think the game is fantastic; albeit the short Campaign and very slightly buggy MultiPlayer. It is a medium between Bad Company 2 & Mw2 when it comes to Gameplay; It has the strategic and tactical feel of Bad Company 2 but it mixes it in with the very fast paced action of Mw2. Its great, I am loving the mix. I cant just run into the fight with guns blazing like in Mw2, I had to move around quickly from cover to cover with my team mates to outflank the enemy and win the game. Very fun, especially when you play with & against a team that knows what they are doing!

Lag is not barely noticeable for me, sometimes there are a few minor signs of lag but it definitely does not hamper the gameplay. I mainly play on American servers and I never have to worry about getting owned because of unbearable lag.

Really loving the game!

So what do you guys think of it? I am quite curious to see if this Forum at least has a few people who actually enjoy the game (Unlike the EA Forums...)

I got a little excited about moh when I heard the original announcement, but then when more stuff came out I kinda realised that it was quite samey to other recent shooters. Having played Bad Company 2 not that long ago I knew it wouldn't match up to the scale of that game (esp the tactical play), and wouldn't keep me engaged for as long as New Vegas would/will. So, in short .. I didn't bother with it.

Its similar to other shooters, but it has enough difference in gameplay to make it unique. I think the game requires more tactics than Bf2, especially seeing as it is very easy to get owned if you don't use a lot of smoke grenades, cover, etc.

EDIT: But if you got New Vegas then I guess that will keep you preoccupied until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by WobbleSock View Post
    EDIT: But if you got New Vegas then I guess that will keep you preoccupied until Christmas.
    Indeed mate .. or at least until Cataclysm comes along on the 7th of December

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    Indeed mate .. or at least until Cataclysm comes along on the 7th of December
    Ah yes, WoW...How could I forget?

I have never really played WoW before, and I don't really want to considering how some people lose their nut over it and spend 6+ hours a day on it (Not saying you do, of course). I think I'll just stick to Minecraft instead lol.

Ah yes, WoW...How could I forget?

I have never really played WoW before, and I don't really want to considering how some people lose their nut over it and spend 6+ hours a day on it (Not saying you do, of course). I think I'll just stick to Minecraft instead lol.
    Lol yeah .. it does have the capacity to eat up hours for sure lol.

I like that I now know a lot more about the MoH series than I did before, thanks for an awesome and informative post! I don't have the game, though, and just don't have the time to pick up another game right now

You mention "slightly buggy multiplayer"... what are the little bugs (that I assume everyone is raging about on EA's forums?)
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Eh I don't know, I played in the beta and the staying power of the multiplayer was.. very dissappointing, seeing as it's from the same company that did the Battlefield games (DICE) and just felt like a BFBC clone, and not really one that held my attention. I HAVE played BFBC2, and I loved the multiplayer, but it just.. I dunno.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    I like that I now know a lot more about the MoH series than I did before, thanks for an awesome and informative post! I don't have the game, though, and just don't have the time to pick up another game right now

You mention "slightly buggy multiplayer"... what are the little bugs (that I assume everyone is raging about on EA's forums?)
    Thanks, I have always been a huge MoH fan (The best World War Two games ever) and seeing as I was pretty disappointed by MoH: Airborne I was hoping that the new MoH would be good. So far, it has exceeded expectations!

I thought I should indeed mention a slightly buggy multiplayer because, for some reason, all those idiots at EA Forums seem to complain about the apparently "Unbearable" bugginess, but seeing as I have experienced nothing worse than half a body sticking out of a wall I believe that those are just the comments of 12 year old CoD fanboys who are afraid of any competition.

Thanks, I have always been a huge MoH fan (The best World War Two games ever) and seeing as I was pretty disappointed by MoH: Airborne I was hoping that the new MoH would be good. So far, it has exceeded expectations!

I thought I should indeed mention a slightly buggy multiplayer because, for some reason, all those idiots at EA Forums seem to complain about the apparently "Unbearable" bugginess, but seeing as I have experienced nothing worse than half a body sticking out of a wall I believe that those are just the comments of 12 year old CoD fanboys who are afraid of any competition.
    You should have read the BFBC2 forums when it was released

I didn't really like BC2.... the maps were horrible compared to BC1

Thread Information