Default Dragonball Z movies are a chronological mess

Ok so this may not mean much to anyone else other than the hardcore DBZ fans like myself but has anyone noticed how none of the dragonball z animated movies make no sense with the tv series my prime example of this is Dragonball Z Cooler's Revenge first off for those who are fans of DBZ you know who Cooler is. for those who are not fans please don't bother reading this thread because you will not understand what I am talking about. anyway in Coolers's revenge Cooler who is the older brother of Frieza sets off to take revenge on Goku for the killing of his brother now here is where all sense goes out the window. first of all Goku did not kill Frieza he fatally wounded him Trunks is the one who really kills Frieza after he was rebuilt into a cyborg second of all Goku is not supposed to be on Earth at that time he is out in space on his way home from Namek and there is no way this could take place after the Frieza saga because everyone is busy training for the Androids and if it had taken place during that three year period between Trunks' arrival from the future and the Android's appearance everyone would have been able to defeat Cooler because Goku and Gohan are already Super Saiyans and would have defeated him a lot easier than depicted in the movie. my final example is, in the tv series Gohan is a little older by the time Goku comes home but in the movie he looks just like he did during the Frieza saga. I know I may have put a little too much thinking into this but its just something I always wondered about

This series has bought in alot of money. So they will keep making it, but after DB evolution I havent heard much of anything about DBZ

The beauty about cartoons is that they don't have to make sense. I saw Cooler's Revenge years ago and I thought the same thing as you, but it didn't matter to me. DBZ is definitely not the cartoon/movie that's a chronological mess.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    The beauty about cartoons is that they don't have to make sense. I saw Cooler's Revenge years ago and I thought the same thing as you, but it didn't matter to me. DBZ is definitely not the cartoon/movie that's a chronological mess.
    yeah the show is awesome and so are the movies I'm just saying to me its a chronological mess but not as much of a mess as the Legend of Zelda Timeline, thats full of sequels prequels sequels to prequels prequels to sequels and sequels to prequeel's sequels and so on. try reading that without saying wtf lol

Thread Information