Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Captiol Punishment

Capitol Punishment
    A friend did this for a school project I am very interested on your thoughts about this Serious issue. Either post them on here or on the video , i personally would post them both places .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQgXIzF50s&feature=sub
    Linx....Is me

Its not really an issue per say.. It was designed to prevent others from doing horrible crimes, yet murder, treason, terrorism, still high as ever.

Its a needed service. If we didnt kill those who deserve to die the system would be overflowing, it still is right now but it is to a lesser degree.

Personal, you take the life of someone you have lost any right to be alive yourself, that excludes self defense.

I dont think it does anything to help our prison overcrowding because its such a small number of people due to the lengthy appeal system and all the time and money involved.

However when capitol punishment was repealed for a time in the past we did see a significant raise in violent crimes. Its best at what it is, a deterrent.

We use it to put our foot down and say some things just are not tolerable.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

This is the comment I posted on this Video under my youtube account
    49 minutes ago

I think is kinda funny how All these people Are all like THEY should ROT in jail and Kill them and stuff . pfff I think that one to kill a person for killing somebody else does not make any sense like that one girl said . But its NOT ABOUT WHAT THEY DESERVE . It is about how can we help them get better or at least keep them from the people who they want to hurt . To have a attitude like Oh Kill that loser , should make you feel bad for every bad thing you do .
    Linx....Is me

Putting someone to death has several purposes. First it shows the US will not tolerant killing people without reasonable justiftion, second its to show the families of those who are murdered that the system works, Third, it gives the Victim's Families peace of mind and ease knowing that their loved one got justice in the end, goes back to number 3.

Those who kill need to die, yes there is lesser form of murder, manslaughter, etc etc. Those who commit first degree murder, meaning they planned it out, need to fry.

But its NOT ABOUT WHAT THEY DESERVE . It is about how can we help them get better or at least keep them from the people who they want to hurt
    Im not sure if you made this statement or that girl you speak of, whatever the case is... that is the most ignorant statement ever made in the world.

I do bad things in this world, but Ive never taken someones life so I will never feel bad for what "evils" i have committed.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 11-13-2010 at 01:07 AM.

So you don't think we should help these people . Almost every Child molester or Serial Killer was hurt at a younger age . I complete agree what they have done is wrong . I am not saying that what they did can be excused but to kill one person because they killed someone seems Stupid . Also you can say oh we kill them so they wont kill anyone else . Because you can keep them in solitude . I understand there is special cases for everything, I just think it is wrong to kill someone because they have done something wrong . Every one deserves a chance no matter who they are or what they have done . I am not going to put my self in a room with a murder and I am not going to treat them like everyone else but I am not going to kill them either .
    Linx....Is me

Other I will ask you this, If your family was brutality murdered in front of you. I mean just the most unspeakable things you would only see in your nightmare happened in front of you, you would stand up in court and ask for them not to kill the man and to give him the help he needs?

Not everyone deserves to die, those who commit first degree murder do, They had their chance to live and they blew it the second they took the life of someone else.

I find it interesting you want to help murderers yet you wont put yourself in a room with them, and your not going to treat them like anyone else. That would make you a hypocrite, cause if you want to give them the help they need you have to treat them like like everyone else. So they can fit into the norm.

Capitol Punishment is just the highest punishment able to be given by a judge. And it's only allowed to be given when a capital crime is committed. If a guy goes around and kills 3 cops and a judge, that's 4 capital crimes and the death sentence is coming.

that's what we learned in law class, i have no opinion on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by other_are_there View Post
    So you don't think we should help these people . Almost every Child molester or Serial Killer was hurt at a younger age . I complete agree what they have done is wrong . I am not saying that what they did can be excused but to kill one person because they killed someone seems Stupid . Also you can say oh we kill them so they wont kill anyone else . Because you can keep them in solitude . I understand there is special cases for everything, I just think it is wrong to kill someone because they have done something wrong . Every one deserves a chance no matter who they are or what they have done . I am not going to put my self in a room with a murder and I am not going to treat them like everyone else but I am not going to kill them either .
    Well at the first part , I am going to be honest and say I would not know how I would respond to that because it has never happened to me . I have my thoughts on the matter but they are a little personal . As for me being a hypocrite. I am not a hypocrite for being smart enough not to put myself in a situation of personal harm if a person has done something wrong you let them know and treat the according . I just find it wrong to kill someone . We are not God we dont decide who lives and dies . If some one says they have been healed and everything . That does not mean I have to act like what they did never happened but it does mean that person should at least be able to live out the rest of his life . They know what they did , they have to live with it . I honestly would kinda understand if some of them killed themselves . I do not think it is ok to let them live among other people. I think they should live among other people with the same problem or maybe just by themselves . I do not think it is hypocritical to say I think every one deserves a chance and then say I will not put my self in a place of harm or act like what a person has done never happened .
    Linx....Is me

Sorry to say, but god doesnt play a part in wether a man kills or not, if he did he wouldnt have given us free will in the first place.

If a man kills someone else they need to be put to death. Why should they be allowed to live? Look back at some of America's most screwed up killers, Ted Bundy, jeffrey dahmer, etc etc. There would have been riots out the ass if they were not put to death. Hell, would have been riots here in Indiana since thats where Bundy was put to death.

Thread Information