Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Microsoft Kinect

Has anyone else tried the new Kinect system? I just want to know how it compares. I have herd it is amazing!

Both Sony & Microsoft failed. Kinect & Move? For the love of Sweetwater, what were they THINKING?!?!?

I guess if you have kids, then Kinect would be good with those Kinectimals puppy hippy crap they have. I don't even see why people who are into sports would be interested; if you want to play god damn tennis then go outside and play instead of standing there swinging your hands around like a madman.

Exactly. the gaming industry is going to laughable places. I'll stick with how it used to be ya know with a good ol' fun control. Not all these ridiculous fads to try and pull in the dumb of world that can't or refuse to play games with a controller

To be honest, I don't care too much what they are doing as long as they don't do anything to FPS games. If I even hear a god damn rumour of kinect/move being implemented in a future FPS game that I want to buy then I will be pissed beyond whatever was the most angst filled event of all time.

I don't care if you can molest little sheep in Kinectimals or play tennis in Move, but if they start bringing that liberal crap to the FPS genre of games...

Lets just say it would be a violation of our gamer human rights.

Well now wait a minute...

Kinect has a lot of potential. This post may not be suitable for anyone under the age of 18+. If you are under the age of 18+, well...you'll probably read on anyways but that's my disclaimer and I'm stickin to it.

Hello? Kinect?? It's time to nut up. Imagine an adult-themed game for Kinect. Need i say more? But I will just in case I do.

You know how Wii and Kinect have Fitness games? Ya know...it reads what your body is doing and you get points, or credit, or maybe just a slap on the back for doing a good job. And if you don't know how to work out that well...it will give you pointers. Maybe even a simulated tutorial.

Yeah...

Need I say more?

Imagine the online competition for an adult-themed game, the mini-games involved, and let's not forget, the family-fun joy of Kinect all in one package.

Dude...

DUDE!!!!

If you are desperate enough to find that appealing, then you really need to seek out a cheap brothel.

LOL maybe so...

But you gotta admit Kinect is the only system that could make such an in-depth (no pun intended) adult-themed game. And I'm not talking about doing it with NPCs. lol though that would be hilarious cause people do it all the time in Fable III and can't even see what's going on.

Like me.

But anywayz...

Body-motion sensor, facial recognition (lolz), I'm just sayin...I wouldn't necessarily invest all my time in the game, but it would be GREAT for married couples! Again, this would be a two-player game, possibly some one-player options such as Practice, Survival Mode (lol), the list goes on and on friends.

And please, adult games have been raiding consoles since the dawn of NES. So...if NES can do it, surely Kinect can.

Ilyich has connect, he got it the day it came out (i was with him)

But anyways, sure maybe it's gimmicky now, but there aren't many other places we can expand video gaming to aside from 3D or other kinds of controls. Would you rather it just stayed in one place or continued to expand in different directions? Video games without a controller is called innovation. Right now, it's somewhat gimmicky i'd say though due to the fact that there are no controllers you can't really do much, but i'm sure they'll find ways to fix that in the future.

Imagine it now. a video game that's in 3D where you use your body to play. that's almost like virtual reality in a sense. I don't think controllers will ever go away as an option though

First off, Wobble. Don't go off spouting **** about a thing you know nothing about. Sure, it may be gimmicky now but it has potential, a lot more potential than any upcoming FPS does of furthering the genre further than it's current state. Maybe you should try something before railing against it with everything you have.

Second, why is it that no matter what topic it is, you've always got some aggressive, self-informed opinion that anyone who thinks differently is a moron to think so, and never something positive?

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    First off, Wobble. Don't go off spouting **** about a thing you know nothing about. Sure, it may be gimmicky now but it has potential, a lot more potential than any upcoming FPS does of furthering the genre further than it's current state. Maybe you should try something before railing against it with everything you have.
    This exactly. Like I brought up in my previous post, they could combine Kinect with some form of 3D for a really immersive video game experience. Or they could do something like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

There isn't much area to explore anymore if you want to make big pushes while still sticking to a 2D display and a standard controller.

Second, why is it that no matter what topic it is, you've always got some aggressive, self-informed opinion that anyone who thinks differently is a moron to think so, and never something positive?
    Unrelated, but this is exactly the reason why I hate music snobs.

Thread Information