Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gamers Forum IRC Channel?

I am not sure about how many of you are aware of IRC or Internet Relay Chat but about 8 or 10 months ago, I tried to open an IRC Channel for Gamers Forum on the gamesurge network. Due to lack of time and lack of interest from the members, it was discontinued.

For those that don't know what an IRC channels is, its just like a big chat room with some special features not included in other chatroom services. It is very popular with gaming clans including counter strike. It is safer than having a shoutbox on this forum.

I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in joining that IRC channel if it is opened up. It is not mandatory for anyone but it would be helpful. Usually gameserver and vent/teamspeak server owners tend to sponsor our servers for both with advertisements in IRC channels and Websites.

I planned on getting a counter strike server for the forum but the costs would cost too much for me and the forum doesn't bring in enough revenue to pay for that along with hosting.

Feedback, comments, and Ideas are appreciated. If anyone would like to be op or peon in the channel to help me run it, let me know. I do not have IRC on this computer but if it enough interest is shown, an IRC channel will be opened.

Thank You!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I'm interested...
    Plus if we advertised a little in other channels to go to the Gamers-Forum one, it may bring more traffic to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by FattaT View Post
    I'm interested...
    Plus if we advertised a little in other channels to go to the Gamers-Forum one, it may bring more traffic to the site.
    thats part of the intention, the other part is to try to get maybe a vent/teamspeak and some game server sponsorships, brings in more interest and more traffic.

so how many of you know how IRC works and are willing to idle lol, when i get my own pc back, i'd be on about 12 hrs a day
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

yeah sounds good but i cannot use irc sorry
    My new pc fund
    cost: ?0/1,718.81
    labour: ?40/106
    started on 30/10/07
    donations would be greatly appriceated just pm me

Quote Originally Posted by cwbolton View Post
    yeah sounds good but i cannot use irc sorry
    whats the problem? if its technical issues then maybe we can help you out, if its like ur parents wont let u thats a different story lol, irc is safe, not too many hackers go into the server i was talking about if thats what you are afraid of

i heard about it but never used it, I guess I could learn when you get it lol i wouldnt mind helping out the forum in other ways than just posting
    i sign here

IRC is easy, very easy, to use. As long as you know how to connect - and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by wifi View Post
    i heard about it but never used it, I guess I could learn when you get it lol i wouldnt mind helping out the forum in other ways than just posting
    there are readme files u can read along with us here, we can guide u thru lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gamoc View Post
    IRC is easy, very easy, to use. As long as you know how to connect - and I do.
    thats all you have to know here lol, i can handle the specialt features and whatnot, like the ircbots and setting the channel up to look uh..."pretty"

I can use IRC.. I'd probably be able to idle on it every now and then.. I'd be more interested in a TeamSpeak server which I already run my own (atleast will when my PC is working again)
    Cost of electricity here is the main problem at 22cents/kilowatt and my PC taking half a kilo every hour plus the 4 other PC's in my house taking a combined 2kw my electricity bill is high.. but I could probably manage 8hours.. I'm pretty good with IRC on the normal user side.. never really adminned one.. I did.. but not for long..

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    whats the problem? if its technical issues then maybe we can help you out, if its like ur parents wont let u thats a different story lol, irc is safe, not too many hackers go into the server i was talking about if thats what you are afraid of
    it its both my dad is with aol and the parental controlls stop me from connecting to servers so no msn or anything for me i can only get on aim
    My new pc fund
    cost: ?0/1,718.81
    labour: ?40/106
    started on 30/10/07
    donations would be greatly appriceated just pm me

Thread Information