Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

They'll probably drop the host soon.

If they didnt drop it the moment they heard what he was hosting its not likely they will anytime soon.

Unless they want to get arrested and shutdown too...

They cant be shutdown or arrested. The severs in which wikileaks is on is in sweden the government has done nothing wrong. Cant arrest a government or shut them down. That could be seen as an act of war.

I should correct my last statement I made saying if they knew what he was hosting.

If it is his severs they cant touch them or what not. Only thing that can really happen now is the US government sends in hackers to destroy and shutdown the site. that is about it.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 12-08-2010 at 02:29 PM.

I'm going to be that hacker... btw if the hacker get caught then US can be sued o.o

US cant be sued for the one actions of a hacker.
    even if it was traced by to the US, and it wont be, the US can say "top secret information cant be disclosed." and the case will be dropped.

Fun fact about Julian Assange: Time Magazine conducts an annual poll for their Person of the Year. Assange won the poll by a landslide, however Time editors chose Facebook's founder, who came in 10th in the poll, as the winner.

Now, do you consider this a form of censorship by Time? Are they afraid to support him because of his actions of dubious legality? As you all know, Wikileaks has had DNS providers and hosts, as well as financial institutions, back out on them. Now journalists are scared they'll be caught in the middle of the sh*tstorm. I believe Assange deserves to be person of the year and this stupid political debate robbed him of this title.
    Last edited by leica; 12-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Someone who has commited acts against the US government wont be backed by anyone. Cause if they do that place will pretty much be black listed and screwed over. He really doesnt you dont spill out US top secret documents for the public to see its top secret for a reason.

Journalists receive leaked cables literally all the time. Assange did not steal the documents, someone else did, and they gave them to him. He is giving the cables to the public just as any traditional journalistic institution would. Assange is only getting crap about it because of the sheer volume of cables he is releasing. And because he's making the US look bad. (which is their own fault for poor diplomacy)

why should anything be top secret though whats the harm in TELLING THE TRUTH I mean if we lie to the government we have to pay fines or go to prison etc and when they lie to us......................welp nothing thay just can and get away with it

Thread Information