Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default CWBolton PC discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cwbolton
    Hi its chris here, ive noticed you around the forums and ive seen that you know your stuff about pcs. Im thinking about getting a new computer. (prefer it prebuilt) Im a 3d modeler so think i need ram and core's (i think not sure) and, im a programmer im looking for a cheap desktop maybe for gaming to mainly MMO's also i need fast internet, quick loading and rendering times. Also it needs to have large memory and a decent processer i have no idea where to start this is what i would like in my new pc i have no idea where to start looking maybe you can guide me and tell me if you think i need anything changing all the best chris
    So I have been looking, I've had a look at Vadim and Dell so far, If you could tell me how much you are willing to spend on this PC and what programs you'd specifically use that are the most taxing on your current system and I'll have more of a look into it.

This is the ticket for you made by me.
    ------------------------------------
    Please, everyone in future use the forum to post your questions rather than PM, it makes it easier for me and people can read through the forum rather than asking questions I've answered for other people before, Thank you!

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

the programmes i most use are blender, photoshop, microsoft visual c#, c++' vb and j# also i use the internet alot too and i would say around ?500 max ok i know its not that much but its all i have
    My new pc fund
    cost: ?0/1,718.81
    labour: ?40/106
    started on 30/10/07
    donations would be greatly appriceated just pm me

So ?500 isn't much to work with, about the best I can find is ?600 at PC World, the Packard Bell 2589 with the following spec:

Intel Core2Duo E6320
    1024mb of RAM (DDR2-533 2x512mb)
    250GB S-ata Harddrive
    ATI Radeon 1650SE 256mb Graphics

This pc is decent for your requirements, a RAM is an almost must have upgrade for such a system but a system like this the RAM can be had at ?30/GB brand new. I'll have more of a look but this is so far the best I've found

Packard Bell 2589

CHECK THIS OUT!

this looks very good but its only 1.86ghz (does that mean anything)and have you heared of overlocking the bios in ordeer to raise it im not sure but my friend does it on his laptop but id really like something like that but with a better processor speed if possible
    Last edited by cwbolton; 08-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    My new pc fund
    started on 30/10/07

dont worry about processor speed, doesnt mean much, it has a lot of space, lot of memory, and good features it looks good
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I think you'll find it's a 1.86ghz and it's a dual core. Most manufacturers will not allow you to overclock the processor, only Dell XPS and other enthusiast companies/lines are you allowed to overclock processors. I overclock my processor a lot so I know what overclocking is :P I build a lot of PC's around the basis of overclocking and gaming

CHECK THIS OUT!

can i overlock this one?
    My new pc fund
    started on 30/10/07

A Packard Bell? highly unlikely.
    Overclocking a factory machine built on price is also generally a bad idea due to badly selected parts and insufficient power and cooling. A 1.86ghz Core2Duo is enough for what you said you were doing. On the memory side, another GB or more is recommended and when it comes to it and you have the money I can find you some more RAM for it, another worthy investment may be a GeForce 8 series for how the new DirectX10 works it could be very beneficial for how well the PC performs even a low end one.

CHECK THIS OUT!

how much would that geforce 8 series be

oh and where can i get cheap ram
    Last edited by LiNuX; 08-24-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: double posted
    My new pc fund
    started on 30/10/07

Quote Originally Posted by cwbolton View Post
    how much would that geforce 8 series be

oh and where can i get cheap ram
    dont double post, i merged your post, if u have something else to say just edit your post if no one made a past after you

dont know if u have circuit city over there but u can find cheap ram there lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information