Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

I googled for this game and i found that i can play the old version for free so i will try it.

Lol maybe I should also look into that so that I can see how the game actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    What's the objective in this game, and how do you achieve it? Can it be compared to any other games out there at the moment?
    well, its a sandbox game currently still having features added. There is no clear objective other then to avoid player death and respawning with nothing. At its core its almost a survival game because on normal difficulty zombies and other mob types spawn at night and in dark places.

The draw of the game is that you can break down blocks and gather resources to make almost anything you can imagine.

On of the best points about the game is that the levels are randomly created and keep generating the further you walk. The environments can be pretty stunning sometimes. Well, I should not really say randomly generated, they are procedurally generated, there is some order to how it goes about making the level, so there are always secrets to uncover like dungeons and vasts cave systems that can take hours to explore.

On older game models there is a free build mode that a lot of public servers use, you see the creations all over if you google minecraft. Most servers are run by people who just want the ability to easily spawn objects witha command line. for instance:

/give bobtd 1 64

that command would place 64 of object 1 in my inventory, on the ip chart that would be 64 stone blocks. Its kind of cheating, but its necessary for a lot of the larger project undertakings.

Otherwise just the simple pleasure of creating things. We are a species that developed very good tools (our hands and our brain) and we just simply like making stuff.
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-14-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Sounds like an awesome game and fun I should then start playing this game

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    well, its a sandbox game currently still having features added. There is no clear objective other then to avoid player death and respawning with nothing. At its core its almost a survival game because on normal difficulty zombies and other mob types spawn at night and in dark places.

The draw of the game is that you can break down blocks and gather resources to make almost anything you can imagine.

On of the best points about the game is that the levels are randomly created and keep generating the further you walk. The environments can be pretty stunning sometimes. Well, I should not really say randomly generated, they are procedurally generated, there is some order to how it goes about making the level, so there are always secrets to uncover like dungeons and vasts cave systems that can take hours to explore.

On older game models there is a free build mode that a lot of public servers use, you see the creations all over if you google minecraft. Most servers are run by people who just want the ability to easily spawn objects witha command line. for instance:

/give bobtd 1 64

that command would place 64 of object 1 in my inventory, on the ip chart that would be 64 stone blocks. Its kind of cheating, but its necessary for a lot of the larger project undertakings.

Otherwise just the simple pleasure of creating things. We are a species that developed very good tools (our hands and our brain) and we just simply like making stuff.
    So it sounds pretty much like HL2 Gary's Mod mixed in with Age of Empires, haha. Sounds cool like, but I don't think I have the patience for those types of games.

My server is up and running if you guys want to check it out.... However, all my plugins are currently broken since Hey0's mod is now being ran by Bukkit and hasn't been released for the new version yet...

Whats that mod do? You know unless people have the mod on their computer Im pretty sure they view the game through default or whatever mod they enable.

You should just get the latest exe and copy over your server save file.

Also I would love op powers on your server. =P
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-15-2011 at 03:00 AM.

I don't understand why so many peoples playiing this game. I tried it once and I really didn't like it. Looks like game from 80's

Every time I see this thread in the unread posts feed I think it's talking about mineSWEEPER. Lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and look into that whole free thing though
    Blog Twitter
    WoW Server: Aman'Thul
    Character: Dwarf Warlock named Drundrak

Quote Originally Posted by rexxar View Post
    I don't understand why so many peoples playiing this game. I tried it once and I really didn't like it. Looks like game from 80's
    Well then you never took the chance to investigate or put any thought into it...

Its possibly the mos unique game I have ever played.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information