Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Whats that mod do? You know unless people have the mod on their computer Im pretty sure they view the game through default or whatever mod they enable.

You should just get the latest exe and copy over your server save file.

Also I would love op powers on your server. =P
    Bob, do you have MC? If you do, let me know. I'm looking to add another mod. I'm willing to give you Op powers if you are able to be on during the day and because I know you from here. That seems to be the only time we lack for an Op to be on. We have an average of 6 to 8 players on at all times.

EDIT: Sidenote - Plugins are all working again. Plugins are for server management. It's not really world related, but more to manage players.
    Last edited by W1CKEDTW1STED; 01-24-2011 at 08:28 AM.

I do have minecraft. =D

Not sure about when I will be available to get online, my schedule hasnt been set yet.

Today I setup a privet server hosted on my cmputer. I also setup a no-ip url you can enter rather then give out my IP, so to visit my server you just have to enter this URL for the multiplayer address:

bobtd.no-ip.org

Making the server was a little more complicated then DL'ing the .exe though. I had to use a program to get a static ip, forward the port minecraft uses, and then use the static ip for the no ip host account (tricked me because it actually take a few min for it to adjust the ip, and I thought I was doing it wrong).
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-27-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I love the game.

I am doing a very big project now. Im building a Pyramid. I "erased a hole mountain and is now mining all the stones I need.

Many people i know play minecraft too.

*update*

the minecraft server was down for a while because I was dumb and didn't turn off my computers power save features. All is well now, and it should work fine.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Today I setup a privet server hosted on my cmputer. I also setup a no-ip url you can enter rather then give out my IP, so to visit my server you just have to enter this URL for the multiplayer address:

bobtd.no-ip.org

Making the server was a little more complicated then DL'ing the .exe though. I had to use a program to get a static ip, forward the port minecraft uses, and then use the static ip for the no ip host account (tricked me because it actually take a few min for it to adjust the ip, and I thought I was doing it wrong).
    Yeah, I have about 12 to 15 constant players on my server so I'm all set with jumping on another server. I pay extra for a static IP address to make sure my server is always available with the same address. And it runs on an actual server, not a workstation.

I also heard bout the game. So I check out the site and dang it's not free. I don't got any money online though so..

Quote Originally Posted by W1CKEDTW1STED View Post
    Yeah, I have about 12 to 15 constant players on my server so I'm all set with jumping on another server. I pay extra for a static IP address to make sure my server is always available with the same address. And it runs on an actual server, not a workstation.
    If you arent hosting it why do you pay for a static IP? Also there are handy free programs that can create a static ip. Im using the "portforward" websites static ip service.

If you arent hosting it why do you pay for a static IP? Also there are handy free programs that can create a static ip. Im using the "portforward" websites static ip service.
    I have an actual server at my place. 3 of them actually.

Those "handy free programs" are crap. I'm a firm believer if you are going to do it, do it right. I'm not one to half@$$ anything.

Oh, that makes sense now. Neat, thats sounds like awesome. I want one. =P
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-30-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Oh, that makes sense now. Neat, thats sounds like awesome. I want one. =P
    It's really more work than it's worth. Trust me. I push most of my stuff off site now minus the few things I can't like Minecraft.

For example this recent plugin mess was a royal PITA to deal with...

I work in IT full time and from my personal experiences it's nice when it's someone elses problem.

Thread Information