Default Server Maintenance in the Next Few Days (12/28/10)

Before I say anything else, the GF Servers are just the game and TS Servers. The Forum is NOT hosted on it so the forum will NOT be affected.

Most people already know that I host the server at home so over the next few days, I have to do some maintenance work on it, including clean it. I'm not sure how long it will be down. Could be down as long as a full day (have to do some stuff with the hard drive as well).

I'll post updates when I can. And as mentioned above, the forum will not be affected. The Vent server will also not be affected.

I know a few people here use some of the servers (specially the Teamspeak server) - this is just to tell you that the server isn't going offline forever, just for maintenance.

~LiNuX
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thank You for the heads up.

Over the past few weeks I noticed lag. I suspected either the RAM or CPU to be failing and today, I think the CPU failed. Since it's an old server, it uses old parts so I can't really test it. But after trying to get through everything, it fails to respond.

I'll be working on the server over the next few days to try to figure something out. In the meantime, the servers provided by Dakafall are still available.

~LiNuX
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

oooohhhh thanks

I was able to fix it up, found the hardware at fault and replaced it.

Right now the Teamspeak server as well as the GF CS 1.6 and CSS servers should be fully up and running. Only the TS2 Server has been tested. The other two will be tested soon and I'll post back after I tested them.

The TF2 server is being reinstalled at the moment. It will take several hours.

The L4D server may not come back up at all. It was by far our least popular server. After all, most people don't play the original game anymore, let alone on campaign mode only. I may replace it with an L4D2 server but I don't think my upstream is strong enough to support the game at the moment.

Will post more updates as they come in this thread.

- Update -

The Team Fortress 2 server is up and running perfectly.
    Note: There is no admin module set up so no one has power in the server as of now. I will try to install a module in the near future if need be but for now, I think it'll be fine.

- Update 2 -

Since CSS had a big update, I have to reinstall the GF CSS Server. This may take another hour or two to set up and test. Once it comes up, manimod will not be installed so it will not have admin features there as well.

- Update 3 -

Edited: CS 1.6 server updated and working perfectly

- Update 4 -

CSS Server up and Running Perfectly

All servers will be monitored for the next few days to make sure everything stays proper. Thanks for your patience and support!

~LiNuX
    Last edited by LiNuX; 12-31-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Server is back to having power issues. All servers down again (minus the vent and minecraft servers as they are donated servers).

I'm trying to fix it, but I may need to order a new psu - no ETA on fix at the moment.

Had to re-wire everything again - but server is slowly coming back up. Hopefully it stays up this time.

I'll be testing out the individual servers over the next few hours.

edit: TF2 server is giving issues - server is updating.

edit2: TF2 server fully updating - up and running - testing will begin shortly.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.

we have a minecraft server? I have to look for that. *goes running*
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

So one of the server's RAM sticks just failed. We're running at just 1gb ram - I'm trying to get all the servers back up, but I'm not sure if we'll have to shut off either the TF2 or CSS server for the meantime until I can find a replacement for the faulty ram.

Teamspeak 2 server should be up and running fine.

Thread Information