Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wink Dead Space 2: Dead good or dead in the water?

Imagine this.
    Your name is Isaac Clarke.
    You wake up from a coma to find you're suffering from dementia and are constantly plagued by bitter visions of your dead girlfriend.

Fail.

But another person's fail is your gain, isn't it?

I mean we've had Isaac's back before in the original Dead Space. And man was that a roller-coaster. Confronted by contorted, distorted, haunting, daunting Necromorphs and equally disgusting environments. I know in that opening chapter you were wary, cautious. Don't lie. You advanced slowly, unsure of what lay ahead, you jumped. At least once. Admit it.

But in the build up to the original, headlines read 'Dead Space BANNED from several countries', that trailer; you'll never hear twinkle twinkle little star in the same way again. The reviews that promised guts, gore and scares galore.
    It brought something new to the table, I wanted to see if this game was as sick as promised.

Enough about Dead Space. It's sequel is almost here. Minus the build up.

I am a HUGE Dead Space fan and when I heard the plans for a second in the series, it drove me wild. I couldn't wait. But then, it hit me.

What will DS2 have that the original didn't? I mean, we've seen it all before now haven't we? The Necromorphs, the darkness, the technology, the anti-gravity. Small clip-pits of information on this game promise that 'Dead Space 2 will bring psychological thrills of deep space to a terrifying new level' - IGN, but how? I'm intrigued.

I love the darkness of coping with Isaacs demons as well as the ones space has to offer. I'm just hoping EA deliver something truly horrific that will at least compete with the freakishly beautiful, clever, intuitive original title.

Because I love a happy horror story.

So that's my say on Dead Space 2, hope you enjoy reading, but what is your own opinion of the upcoming follow up?

Lots of love from Lysia xxx

Nice write up
    My opinion is that I will not be playing it on account that I am a massive **** bag. I dislike scary games because I'm too jumpy haha. Makes me sad that I don't get to play them

Thanks!! I love writing!!!
    Aww poor you!! But some people are just jumpy.
    It can't be helped! Maybe you should request a lovely pretty version of the scary games!

I think it'll be good, I played the demo for it and it was awesome. I'm gonna be doing what I did for the first game, playing it at night, with no lights but my computer screens and the TV, and (with the only thing that's right) my Turtle Beach headset on.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by LysiaMoon View Post
    Thanks!! I love writing!!!
    Aww poor you!! But some people are just jumpy.
    It can't be helped! Maybe you should request a lovely pretty version of the scary games!
    I thinks I will my heart goes boom boom too fast for me when I play

Dead Space was alright, not what I expected though...but to be honest I don't know what I expected. It was way too bloody and it always made me unhappy for some reason, during a period of my life when I really just needed to be more happy, not less.

I'll probably skip the second one.

Awesome opinion LysiaMoon horror games are the best especially when you play them late night with your headset and then you hear things making the game more scary which is lovely.I also can't wait for dead space 2 and the good part is that this game is available for lanning too so that you can your friend can kill monsters and have fun and work as a team. They must make this dead space 2 really tough because on Dead space 1 the hardest level for me this game was not that difficult the only disappointing part is that the master of the game was really easy to kill and the pattern was quickly noticeable, but other than that this game was and still is awesome.

Aww thanks Raoul!
    Yeah I can totally agree that Dead Space one was quite easy.
    I think it's coz they put so much time and thought into the graphics, settings, atmosphere and stuff like that, that difficulty took a back seat! Im hoping for some tough challenges in the new one! I just reserved a copy today!

Lol that's so unfair LysiaMoon I also want to play the game and I am waiting for the game to come out on PC, but hey enjoy Dead Space 2 and you must like tell me if the game is going to be more difficult, but then again it should be and yeah the graphics of Dead Space 1 looks really beautiful.

I hope that Dead Space 2 is much longer than Dead Space 1 so that I can play longer lol. I also love upgrading my weapons in the game and my all time favourite weapon is the Plasma pistol lol I killed the masters with that weapon.

The only time when I used the contact beam was against the hunter lol that thing is freaky especially since you can't kill it with normal weapons in the game. They should make Dead Space 2 really scary so that I can enjoy the game late night.

I dont know how the game will be. I havnt played the first game (yet).
    But it got the best commercial I have ever seen.

Watch "yourMumHatesDeadspace 2" on youtube,Its hilarious.

Quote "Its a demonic weapon"

Thread Information