Default making money f2p

so me and some friends who used to play where discussing how we used to make money when we played this game, and the topic was centered around the best way to make money with a free account.

So the question for anyone who still plays free accounts, is how do you make money and at what rate?

The method I used was to mine coal and mith in the dwarf caves for higher lvl mining, while holding a fire staff and nature runes to smelt the ore into bars, then dump the bars in my bank. Then sell the bars on market.

You can make a lot of money just selling the ore unsmelted but I liked the xp gain even though I wasnt getting to use the bars if I wanted to make a fast profit. Usually I would do this until I had the money to buy stacks of nature runes and then would start using the bars myself till I was low on runes. The start again with the profit side.

You still make money this way but at the same time you invest in your skills slowly. Smithing mithril is a slow process and the xp grind hurts but making 30K a drop made it worth it.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

When I was F2P I got 60 woodcutting and I cut yews for money. I'd make about 100k every 45 minutes and I got 92 woodcutting pretty fast doing it that way.

I'm currently P2P and I've made over 75 million so I don't cut tree that often :P

The best way to make money is to mine for coal, and then go to the global trade or something along the lines of that and sell it for gold, plus some people will give you a few K's if you ask them nicely, true story, I got like 30.000Gold just from a few friends giving me some money.

''Hey vanity, this vials empty. And so are you.''

Now a day's there's so many bots on f2p worlds its virtually impossible to mine/cut anything. I'll admit to using a bot a while back, But I would go on a members world, and cut yews without a problem. but even the p2p worlds are swamped with annoying level 3's.. I'm only level 86 on a fp2 account at the moment, and I got just kind of bored trying to constantly compete with bots. :/ But Yews were great money for me.

What I would do when I played is farm rune essence. Tons of people willing to pay for it. It wasn't great money, I think I got about 45gp a piece? You could farm up as much money as you needed in no time though. I had troubles with mining and woodcutting on the f2p worlds :/ just too many people doing it.

After watching all these YouTube videos, and threads about runescape lately, I kinda wanna start back up. Just don't know if I can suffer through tutorial island..

i logged into runescape today after having taken a break i have a love hate thing going on with rune but this double xp weekend comming up cought my interest. but enough of that to the question at hand.

if you can find a world with mining spots free then mine some coal its ok cash but not worth fighting for nodes.

if you cant find mining nodes then fishing or woodcutting are always good mainly fishing as you can fish all you want and your not really competing for the fish you get them in intervals so its a sure thing for you.

another thing is merching, merching if your good at it is probably the most profitable thing you can do in runescape and its simple buy low sell high you can do this on the grand exchange if your patient just buy at -5% leave it over night, sell at +5% and your in profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    ... don't know if I can suffer through tutorial island..

They took tutorial Island out a while ago. (: You just create your character, and you start in Lumbridge with a very quick little task. then you're off. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Flow View Post

They took tutorial Island out a while ago. (: You just create your character, and you start in Lumbridge with a very quick little task. then you're off. (:
    Oh my god. I may just start playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Oh my god. I may just start playing now.

Only problem is, you have to create a new account with an e-mail. I usually just use fake E-mails, I don't even use real websites. like right now I'm using "Rspwner@rs.com" Haha. feel free to add me.
    my name is "Lmao Jk Gtfo"

I came.
    I saw.
    I Pwn3d.

I think money on F2P is woodcutting but there are alot of people out there doing it now so i just bot XD

Thread Information