Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Okay, redemption time.
    Voted best racing game of E3 2010, the new NFS Hot Pursuit.

An extreme update to the previous Hot Pursuit games, NFS Hot Pursuit is an invigorating and exhilarating addition to the NFS series, and probably the best so far.

There are plenty of cars to go around for everyone, and the choice of either racer or a cop career gives the game a long life time and a high replay value.

Setting, Seacreast county, home to the most expensive, and fastest police department. This is needed due to the amount of high speed racers running havoc in Seacrest. As a form of experience, you use bounty, which is gained in either racer or police careers by performing out going acts as a driver.

In the police career, There are many different forms of game play to go through, like the original hot pursuit, or a time trial, or even a one on one. In anything involving street racers, you usually have equipment to use, which helps the player catch the criminal, and making the game even more exciting. In the game, there is also something called the autolog, which keeps track of all your friends that are/were playing the game, and whether or not they beat your time within that specific race. It comes in handy many times I found.

In the racer career, the game modes also include hot pursuit, of course being on the other end of it, trying to escape. Of course there is just a normal race, and along with a time trial. In Hot Pursuit mode, the racer comes with equipment to, giving it a slight twist to the normal, escape with speed.

With the use of equipment, I find that it gives the game a sense of the game being more than just a racing game, but an action and strategy almost.

The online is also a great addition. with the games being pretty well balanced, and the games usually quickly starting, it gives the game more playability.

To finish off here, lets go to the ratings.

Graphics: 8/10, The look of the cars within the game is amazing, very detailed and close to the look of the actual car, and the scenery is great to.

Plot: N/A, I wouldn't really say that there is one, more of just a random assortment of missions. Maybe the progression through the cars could count, but i'm not going to.

Sound: 9/10, the music in this game was great, one of the first things that I had taken notice to.

Playability/Life Time: 10/10, I don't really see how this could ever get boring, with its online, it gives hours of fun, racing time for everyone.

Overall: 9/10, Very good racing game. One of my favorite by far. Online things that I think could be inproved would be the text size in the campagn, if i didn't have good eyes, I would have an extremely hard time reading it. Overall though, great game.

Sincerely,
    Flab-Ender

Nice, brief and to the point
    I may give it a look in to.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Nice, brief and to the point
    I may give it a look in to.
    Cheers.
    Thank you, and you should, really good game.

I am reading more and more of this game and it's making me want to play this game. Is playing this game worth it is it better then the other Need for Speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
    I am reading more and more of this game and it's making me want to play this game. Is playing this game worth it is it better then the other Need for Speeds?
    Ya, I think so. One of the better ones out there.

I was considering writing a review about this game but never got around to it... I personally was incredibly let down by the game. Your review covers most of the meat of what's in the game - nice work outlining it all!

I was just perturbed when the game featured Burnout gameplay mechanics in most every departments - from level selection, car customization (or lack thereof,) the Burnout NOS/Boost mechanic (nos is awarded through near misses, oncoming, drifting, slipstreaming, etc,) and the physics/handling scheme that's designed to work for nice long straights and nothing else.

I bought what I thought was a Need For Speed title and got Burnout 4 instead :\ it's a decent racer in that light, but the title on the jewel case was rather misleading :P

I find that I rather spend my time playing LoL even after dumping $60 into this game; and LoL is free.
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    I was considering writing a review about this game but never got around to it... I personally was incredibly let down by the game. Your review covers most of the meat of what's in the game - nice work outlining it all!

I was just perturbed when the game featured Burnout gameplay mechanics in most every departments - from level selection, car customization (or lack thereof,) the Burnout NOS/Boost mechanic (nos is awarded through near misses, oncoming, drifting, slipstreaming, etc,) and the physics/handling scheme that's designed to work for nice long straights and nothing else.

I bought what I thought was a Need For Speed title and got Burnout 4 instead :\ it's a decent racer in that light, but the title on the jewel case was rather misleading :P

I find that I rather spend my time playing LoL even after dumping $60 into this game; and LoL is free.
    See, I see the Need for Speed games and Burnout to be similar in a lot of ways, and I like both of them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Flab-Ender View Post
    See, I see the Need for Speed games and Burnout to be similar in a lot of ways, and I like both of them very much.
    I myself haven't played Burnout at all; I also haven't played any of the latest NFS games. Two that have caught my eye in the past year or so though has actually been Hot Pursuit and Shift.
    Shift 2 looks like it's gunna be pretty awesome too. They're those types of games for me though, that always get bumped down the list when other games of higher, personal preference come out

I think I am going to start playing this game from now onward so that I can finish the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    I myself haven't played Burnout at all; I also haven't played any of the latest NFS games. Two that have caught my eye in the past year or so though has actually been Hot Pursuit and Shift.
    Shift 2 looks like it's gunna be pretty awesome too. They're those types of games for me though, that always get bumped down the list when other games of higher, personal preference come out
    Shift 2 did look pretty intense, but the trailer left me sort of confused. And it doesn't seem like a traditional Need for Speed, more like a Nascar game.

Thread Information