Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Talking Video games with engaging story lines

In your own opinion, and it does not matter how many games you choose. What do you think are some of the best games when it comes to story telling?
    Stories that made you care about the characters and always kept your attention.

There are plenty of games that involve simply shooting up an endless horde of enemies and blowing up vehicles, these dont always follow a specific story line.

In my opinion there are several games that come to mind...Heavy Rain is one of those games that really had me at the edge of my seat. I felt like i cared when someone got hurt or killed and the intensity of every situation really had me going. Another example is the Final Fantasy series, although some of the latest games were not the best...I must say that the story of the earlier games really kept my attention the whole time.

Good picks.
    Good thread!

The first one that springs to mind has to be the Brothers In Arms franchise. I absolutely love WWII history, especially the U.S Airborne campaigns; the story line to these games are just so awesome, I love them. I am always really sad when a character I really like, dies

I would really have to say the Halo series. yes it's just a shoot 'em up blow 'em up game, but the actual back story and lil things are really interesting, along with he actual story it's self.

Same thing with the Elder Scrolls series, they all tell a long, interesting story.

Heavy Rain is easily the most engaging game I've ever played. I couldn't stand to watch when I messed up and one of the characters got hurt because of it, and the Lizard Trial I could not bare. I haven't met a game get you involved with the characters lives like Heavy Rain did, and I think it was the very touching first couple levels. The ending as well made me feel like a hero and great.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Engaging game? Uhhmmm... Probably Devil May Cry 4 for me, Nero's voice actor was the same one that did Ichigo's voice in Bleach. So that got me into it. If that's what you mean. :x
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

Halo, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout.

It would be too much to explain why for every single one, they just have such good stories and mythos for all of the mentioned series, it's awesome.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

I think that Assassins Creed series had a good storyline so did halo but id have to say that the game that got me in that way would absolutely have to be Masseffect
    <span style=font-family: Verdana><font size=2><font color=Green>Reapers Reapers Everywhere Reapers Reapers Where did you go Wicked Reapers Stole Your Soul </font></font></span>

Dead Space - I'm impressed with how they took a simple SOS mission and made a long, in-depth story out of it.

And IMO the new NFS Hot Pursuit is a bit of a letdown, because of how it doesn't have a story linking everything together, unlike NFS Most Wanted which did have a story.

Is Dead Space a PC game?

Other than that I didn't like any of the NFS games since I didn't think any of them had a storyline. But so Most Wanted does?
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

Quote Originally Posted by Project Blaze View Post
    Is Dead Space a PC game?
    It is indeed
    It's also available on Xbox360 and PS3 if I'm not mistaken.

Thread Information