Exclamation The 3DS emerges from it's shroud of mist. NEW INFO.

Nintendo 3DS Coming to North America on March 27; Priced at $249.99 - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads
    Live from an event in New York City, Nintendo announced its next handheld system--the Nintendo 3DS--will launch in North America on March 27 for $249.99.
    At launch in North America, the system will be available in two colors: Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black.
    According the article, it will come with a telescoping stylus, a 3GB SD card, and will be backwards compatable with all DS/DSi software.

There are a multitude of options - like a web browser, Mii maker, etc. - but that some of the built in options will be added to the system later (in a firmware update hopefully.)

A welcome addition is the GameBoy/GBC e-shop where you can buy titles from the older models.

And a word on how the wireless works:
    There are two types of connectivity the Nintendo 3DS employs: Spot Pass and Street Pass. With Street Pass, Nintendo 3DS systems communicate with each other automatically. When passing users with a Nintendo 3DS--whether it's on or not--the system will transfer Mii information between both systems, giving you information on that user. This feature can also be disabled if you prefer not to be social.

The Spot Pass allows players to receive content directly from Nintendo and its content providers. This allows for the system to automatically update, even while asleep. An indicator light will also notify players that new content has been added to their handheld--much like the Wii.
    Edit: Oh fffuuuuuuuuu. Title typo.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 01-19-2011 at 12:31 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

question....

Can yooz buy me one!?
    Hehe ^_^
    I need a new DS I broke my top screen
    Last edited by LysiaMoon; 01-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Lots of love from Lysia xxx

Quote Originally Posted by LysiaMoon View Post
    question....

Can yooz buy me one!?
    Hehe ^_^
    Still trying to decide what I want to do with my current DS :P I've had that thing since launch, and the only thing wrong with it is the smaller of the two hinges recently broke.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by LysiaMoon View Post
    question....

Can yooz buy me one!?
    Hehe ^_^
    Jeeeez, didju do it on purpose? >_O jk! Actually that sounds more like something I'd do. lolz ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    Still trying to decide what I want to do with my current DS :P I've had that thing since launch, and the only thing wrong with it is the smaller of the two hinges recently broke.
    I broke both of the hinges on my old DS, so I had to get the DS Lite since it doesn't really have hinges. XD
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

Thread Information