Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Blaze View Post
    Mann, I need a subscription to Shonen Jump or somethin'. Since my all-time fav online manga site is shutting down... or did shut down... it's been a century since I went there last time, the news that it was shutting down was kind of a spirit crusher for me. So, needless to say, I didn't get into anymore online manga there since I most likely wouldn't have been able to finish it. -_- From now on I think I'll just either get a SJ subscription or just buy anime versions of different manga. That was probably in my top 5 TOTAL BUZZKILL!!!! list. -_- -_-
    RUROUNI KENSHIN 28 Book Manga Lot Volume 1 - 28 - eBay (item 120676070541 end time Jan-29-11 20:19:17 PST)
    He has 3 more than me
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 01-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.

KuwlZ list!! ^_^ I only saw a few episodes of Gunslinger Girl though. But the ones I did see looked pretty interesting, so maybe I'll get that next. ^_^

I got to see some of the original Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo, but they took it off the air before I could see all of it! Gaahhhhh!!! Those little broadcasting-conspiracy BASTARDS!!! >_<
    But I did manage to catch all of Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo: 2040. Talk about walkin' backwards. lol But 2040 was pretty sweet! I LOVE to watch women kick ass!! ^_^ ^_^

Bleach!! I managed to keep up with it for a long time, then I dropped the ball. >_< I just wish there weren't so many seasons to get!!! ;_; Gaaahh!!! >_< >_< I'm somewhat of a... uhh... I dunno what it's called, but I MUST have either all of the episodes of an anime, or none at all. I hate leaving things unfinished. Dunno why though, I didn't used to think like this... lol Well, whatever works!! ^_^
    Cheers

I absolutely adore the first series of Gunslinger Girl. The second series I didn't even watch all of it. It felt like a different show

I remember Bubblegum Crisis 2040 used to be on SBS late at night and I saw a few random episodes, then years later I rented it out and actually watched all of it. I wish I could find a box set of it. I'd also really like to see the 2030 version. I think it's the same story or something but with differences. Something like that.

I've never seen all of Bleach either. There's just too much and I don't have the time or money to keep up lol. But what I have seen I thoroughly enjoyed.

Blog Twitter
    WoW Server: Aman'Thul
    Character: Dwarf Warlock named Drundrak

AWW CRAAPP!!!! Everyone's got so much freak'n manga!! Gah... well, I've still got a lot of anime I wanna get so I probably wouldn't have any time to read anymore manga anyway. lol I think there's roughly 20-30 other anime that I plan to get. It's on a list pinned to the outside of my room door. XD

Speaking of, I just bought Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection. ^_^ It should be here on the 3rd. w0000t!!! ^_^ ^_^ I think there was a Neon Genesis Evangelion: Perfect Platinum Collection, but that was just short of $100. I definitely don't have that kind of money just lying around to burn. -_- I forgot what they put in it other than all of the episodes though... damn short attention span. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by insert_cliche_here View Post
    Cheers

I absolutely adore the first series of Gunslinger Girl. The second series I didn't even watch all of it. It felt like a different show

I remember Bubblegum Crisis 2040 used to be on SBS late at night and I saw a few random episodes, then years later I rented it out and actually watched all of it. I wish I could find a box set of it. I'd also really like to see the 2030 version. I think it's the same story or something but with differences. Something like that.

I've never seen all of Bleach either. There's just too much and I don't have the time or money to keep up lol. But what I have seen I thoroughly enjoyed.

Say wha? I didn't know they had a second season of GSG!! DAMN!!! >_< >_< I'm waiting for that one collection of GSG to come out in March so I can snag it though. ^_^ I can't remember what's in it other than all of the episodes of the first one. I can't stop thinking about an anime once I see it for the first time if I really like it. So I end up obsessing over getting the complete series box set. XD I wait for the box set just for the fact that it's WAAAYYYYY too much trouble to buy every other DVD with only a few episodes on each one. Not to mention extremely frustrating and, in some cases, ends up costing more than the box set.
    So since I only like OVAs, with a few exceptions like GSG(^_^), or almost anything with 2 seasons MAX, I just wait patiently for the complete series box set to come out. lol

But is 2030 new or about to come out orrrr what? O_o I just ask 'cause I gotta bail for a bit so I can't look it up atm but I'll be checkin' back here when I'm able to. That, and I haven't heard of it till now. o_O I wanna knoowwwww!!! lol
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver

Say wha? I didn't know they had a second season of GSG!! DAMN!!! >_< >_< I'm waiting for that one collection of GSG to come out in March so I can snag it though. ^_^ I can't remember what's in it other than all of the episodes of the first one. I can't stop thinking about an anime once I see it for the first time if I really like it. So I end up obsessing over getting the complete series box set. XD I wait for the box set just for the fact that it's WAAAYYYYY too much trouble to buy every other DVD with only a few episodes on each one. Not to mention extremely frustrating and, in some cases, ends up costing more than the box set.
    So since I only like OVAs, with a few exceptions like GSG(^_^), or almost anything with 2 seasons MAX, I just wait patiently for the complete series box set to come out. lol

But is 2030 new or about to come out orrrr what? O_o I just ask 'cause I gotta bail for a bit so I can't look it up atm but I'll be checkin' back here when I'm able to. That, and I haven't heard of it till now. o_O I wanna knoowwwww!!! lol
    Yeah, the second series is called Gunslinger Girl II Teatrino. I just really didn't like the look of it, it was animated by different people and it's just, to put it simply, not as beautiful as the first series. And the story line is more about a new character, a boy, which I didn't like. I fell in love with Henrietta and Rico and Triela

I have the box set of the first series, but I haven't bothered with the second. I love my box sets too lol- I've got a fair few

2030 was the original Bubblegum Crisis. It might have only had the 2030 tag added once they made 2040, just to differentiate them, I'm not sure. But 2040 was like a reboot of it, if that makes any sense.

Blog Twitter

Speaking of, I just bought Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection. ^_^ It should be here on the 3rd. w0000t!!! ^_^ ^_^ I think there was a Neon Genesis Evangelion: Perfect Platinum Collection, but that was just short of $100. I definitely don't have that kind of money just lying around to burn. -_- I forgot what they put in it other than all of the episodes though... damn short attention span. >_<
    I have the same box set. Have you seen the series before?

Yeah, the second series is called Gunslinger Girl II Teatrino. I just really didn't like the look of it, it was animated by different people and it's just, to put it simply, not as beautiful as the first series. And the story line is more about a new character, a boy, which I didn't like. I fell in love with Henrietta and Rico and Triela

I have the box set of the first series, but I haven't bothered with the second. I love my box sets too lol- I've got a fair few

2030 was the original Bubblegum Crisis. It might have only had the 2030 tag added once they made 2040, just to differentiate them, I'm not sure. But 2040 was like a reboot of it, if that makes any sense.

Hrmm... I think I'll just get the collection thingy that comes out in March for the 1st one and take your word for it. lol That's kinda disappointing though, you'd think the same animators would be behind the 2nd one. I hate when they switch things up like that, it can ruin an entire series. Well, season of it anyway. >_<

Box sets = TOTAL PWNAGE!!! XD I became a diehard anime fan after my anime virginity(lol) was taken by Ninja Scroll. ^_^ ^_^

And thanks for explaining the 2030 thing, that was confusing for a while. XD XD But I am kinda out of it lately, so I'm getting confused really easily too. Hopefully it won't carry into next week though. >_< Or should I say this week? lol I'm not sure which! >_< >_<
    But I thought 2030 was supposed to be like the beginning and 2040 was the sequel or something? Ofcourse I only found out about 2030 after I watched all of 2040. XD My kinda luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I have the same box set. Have you seen the series before?
    Yea, I watched the first episode and a few after that. Then I was hooked, but I guess it eventually slipped from my mind. BUT!! Thankfully I've got that anime list on my door. lol
    Forgiveness is a six gun, teach me how to shoot. The truth is like a moving target, forgiveness is a six gun.
    There is no forgiveness.

Hrmm... I think I'll just get the collection thingy that comes out in March for the 1st one and take your word for it. lol That's kinda disappointing though, you'd think the same animators would be behind the 2nd one. I hate when they switch things up like that, it can ruin an entire series. Well, season of it anyway. >_<

Box sets = TOTAL PWNAGE!!! XD I became a diehard anime fan after my anime virginity(lol) was taken by Ninja Scroll. ^_^ ^_^

And thanks for explaining the 2030 thing, that was confusing for a while. XD XD But I am kinda out of it lately, so I'm getting confused really easily too. Hopefully it won't carry into next week though. >_< Or should I say this week? lol I'm not sure which! >_< >_<
    But I thought 2030 was supposed to be like the beginning and 2040 was the sequel or something? Ofcourse I only found out about 2030 after I watched all of 2040. XD My kinda luck though.
    Lol, no probs. Hells yeah, box sets are the bomb
    Blog Twitter

Lol, no probs. Hells yeah, box sets are the bomb
    ^_^ Gawd I love anime!! ^_^ ^_^ Watch, I'll probably be hoarding anime whenever I reach 30. XD Which, thank GAWD is a LOOOOONG wayz away. lol *Chants "BOX SET!!! BOX SET!!! ANIME ANIME ANIME!!!!!"* XD I'll never get enough! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ^_^
    Oh yea, I need to find more anime with women kickin' some serious ass! I love it when they go crazy like that! w0000t!!!
    There is no forgiveness.

Bleach
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto
    DBZ
    Samurai Shampoo

Here thread, have this:

For one I must say I really dislike the endless stories aka One Piece, Naruto etc because they're filled with... fillers and aren't half as interesting as their Manga counterparts.
    Those things eventually leave me puking and not being able to get down a single episode more.

For anime I prefer closed, finished stories with max 30 episodes or less. Things that leave you wanting for more.

In no specific order I'll go with Hellsing and Hellsing OVA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryfhGkcMi3c
    If you're up for some hardcore gore anime with almost non-stop action, a great sense of comedy and an intriguing story on the side, this is for you. It also has Nazi-Zombies ^.^(slash Vampires)

Next is a one-shot-wonder "Black Rock Shooter"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swY-5tv7-QU
    As far as I can remember it's an Anime OVA based off a song by Hitsune Miku?
    It was created because the song was pretty popular.
    Anyway it's about a complicated friendship of two highschool girls, it is mostly drama/romance with some action on the side, great story tho, very confusing but conclusive.

Everybody should know Elfen Lied...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryBHfcQsD8
    Gore, nudity, gore, gore and a little gore on the side. There was a plot stuck somewhere there too, which was actually pretty decent.
    The gore mixed with nudity however is more art than just stupid slaughter.

And last but not least(actually most), Ga-Rei Zero.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSQQpSAq9A
    Plot twisting, nerve strangling, yuri-ecchi, supernatural anime. It's simply different from anything you watched before. (I think)

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Thread Information