Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New 1000 AD..A free strategy game

Hey guys, I just added a few more options to improve playability and to help learn game alot faster. Stop by and create your free account and give it a trỵ

New 1000 AD is the name look it up.

Its a free multiplayer turn based strategy war game based on civilizations around the year 1000 ad. Give it a try if you are bored, its free, what can it hurt

lolwut text based strategy game? I'm sure it's fun for some people but that's not my cup of tea XD

sauce: NEW 1000 A.D.: Free Multiplayer text based strategy war game
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

The market is small I agree. Its not alot of peoples cup of tea , I fully understand that. Its atari compared to xbox basically in todays gaming world. I just dont like change

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Can you explain a little more on how a text-based turn-based war strategy game functions? o.o

I ... cannot... see how that would work effectively, and I am too lazy to look it up right now. Plus, seems like you're responding to the thread and I wouldn't mind if you tried to sell us a little more on it :P

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Well I will use standard game to explain the turn based. A person gets 300 turns every 48 hours. You get a new turn every 9 minutes in between that time. Basically the most effective way to play standard is every 40-48 hours. Blitz is a bit more popular since turns come every 3 minutes for obvious reasons.

As for the text based..there are text based games and text based muds. A mud has graphics this game does not. It was made in 1995 or so. I just used the code that was free from the old site that went down. So that is why it is text based, when game was made that was cutting edge technology

It certainly isnt for everyone, after 6 months I can attest to it. The game to me is alot like Civilization or Romance of 3 Kingdoms type game. You basically build your empire from scratch and try to win the round.

I will happy to explain anything I havent explained and more than likely havent explained well enough. The gist of it is it is a game with no graphics. You basically read what happens.

When you conquer an empire it will say You took X amount plains land, X amount forest, X amount of mountain lands from the other empire. No pictures. After reading this I even think it sounds a bit dull but I played for 7 years and when site went offline I liked it so much I brought it back. Im probably just a big nerd but hey

as long as you've found something that you enjoy that's what counts

can't say I expect anyone from this forum to join the game though XD I hope you keep having fun with it
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Well I will use standard game to explain the turn based. A person gets 300 turns every 48 hours. You get a new turn every 9 minutes in between that time. Basically the most effective way to play standard is every 40-48 hours. Blitz is a bit more popular since turns come every 3 minutes for obvious reasons.

As for the text based..there are text based games and text based muds. A mud has graphics this game does not. It was made in 1995 or so. I just used the code that was free from the old site that went down. So that is why it is text based, when game was made that was cutting edge technology

It certainly isnt for everyone, after 6 months I can attest to it. The game to me is alot like Civilization or Romance of 3 Kingdoms type game. You basically build your empire from scratch and try to win the round.

I will happy to explain anything I havent explained and more than likely havent explained well enough. The gist of it is it is a game with no graphics. You basically read what happens.

When you conquer an empire it will say You took X amount plains land, X amount forest, X amount of mountain lands from the other empire. No pictures. After reading this I even think it sounds a bit dull but I played for 7 years and when site went offline I liked it so much I brought it back. Im probably just a big nerd but hey
    I mean, I know what text-based means XD But... what I meant was... how..do you play? I just can't imagine being like "okay now go attack blahblahblah" "make ten soldiers" or something o.o

I doubt I'll be playing it, because I'd rather just play a strategy game that had graphics, even if they're terrible graphics XD

I'm sure it's got its own charm, though.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykub View Post
    Text.. based?.. what?
    Ahahahaha! Priceless.

I doubt I'll be playing it, because I'd rather just play a strategy game that had graphics, even if they're terrible graphics XD
    Win some lose some

Thread Information