Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Why can't they be like a normal company, and make a new game in a few years? They keep making games over and over and over and it's hard for people to catch up. Make a new one when you have a reason to make a new one, and people are ready for a new one.

Surprised me a bit, thought everyone loved it.

I read GHIII sold 1.5 million copies, while the new one, Warriors of Rock, only sold 86,000 copies.
    So there was a downward spiral.

I love Guitar Hero, rythum games are my favorite. It's great for parties and such.
    I hated RockBand, everything about it. Guitar Hero was so much better taken care of and had better track lists from the getgo.
    Yes, Rockband had a better online selection, but why should you have to spend more money to get the songs you want?

The worst news was that they aren't making anymore downloadable content for Guitar Hero anymore though. That was what made me sad.

Looks like Activision Blizzard is turning more into Call of Duty Blizzard. Or, one could argue Call of Duty World of Warcraft
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Quote Originally Posted by Samus-Fan View Post
    I read GHIII sold 1.5 million copies, while the new one, Warriors of Rock, only sold 86,000 copies.
    So there was a downward spiral.

I love Guitar Hero, rythum games are my favorite. It's great for parties and such.
    I hated RockBand, everything about it. Guitar Hero was so much better taken care of and had better track lists from the getgo.
    Yes, Rockband had a better online selection, but why should you have to spend more money to get the songs you want?

The worst news was that they aren't making anymore downloadable content for Guitar Hero anymore though. That was what made me sad.

Looks like Activision Blizzard is turning more into Call of Duty Blizzard. Or, one could argue Call of Duty World of Warcraft
    The thing about the whole Rock Band vs Guitar Hero thing is.. Rock Band added more innovation, and had more development time in-between releases, making for a more polished game.

The only innovation Guitar Hero had was the song maker and jumping from guitar-only to band set up in World Tour, which the game itself kind of sucked and was just playing off the Rock Band set up, and then again in Guitar Hero 5 when they added in Avatar use, drop-in drop-out party play, and a couple of other things.

Rock Band changed significantly between the first and second game and second and third games, making it possible to use your character for not one, but all instruments, being able to use all of your songs from the past games, and allowing DLC to work on the newer ones, and the keyboard. Harmonix has the upper hand because they're not owned by Activision, thus not being forced to churn out another slightly more shiny pile of crap every 12 months or so.

That said, you really couldn't argue "Call of Duty World of Warcraft" because 1) Activision Blizzard is just the name of the two companies combined, Blizzard still acts of their own accord, outside of any major influence of Activison, and are still working on games other than World of Warcraft (e.g. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Torchlight 1/2.) I know you're probably just trying to be witty, but... knowing what your talking about should accompany that.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 02-12-2011 at 01:34 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    The thing about the whole Rock Band vs Guitar Hero thing is.. Rock Band added more innovation, and had more development time in-between releases, making for a more polished game.

The only innovation Guitar Hero had was the song maker and jumping from guitar-only to band set up in World Tour, which the game itself kind of sucked and was just playing off the Rock Band set up, and then again in Guitar Hero 5 when they added in Avatar use, drop-in drop-out party play, and a couple of other things.

Rock Band changed significantly between the first and second game and second and third games, making it possible to use your character for not one, but all instruments, being able to use all of your songs from the past games, and allowing DLC to work on the newer ones, and the keyboard. Harmonix has the upper hand because they're not owned by Activision, thus not being forced to churn out another slightly more shiny pile of crap every 12 months or so.

That said, you really couldn't argue "Call of Duty World of Warcraft" because 1) Activision Blizzard is just the name of the two companies combined, Blizzard still acts of their own accord, outside of any major influence of Activison, and are still working on games other than World of Warcraft (e.g. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Torchlight 1/2.) I know you're probably just trying to be witty, but... knowing what your talking about should accompany that.
    Rockband never even released double bass pedal. Their so called "Pro mode" on drums sucked, doing Avenged Sevenfold with no double bass? Where is the fun?
    Yes, sure, they had piano/keyboard. That's exactly what I don't want to do, I like to have fun as a fake rockstar, not signing a song as a piano man.
    Yes, in Guitar Hero, you can use your character for more than one instrument...I dont get what you meant by that.
    All the downloadable content from World Tour can be in 5, and World Tour and 5s can be used in the newest. It's all compatible.
    Songs from past games you pay for in guitar hero, I guess you can say Rockband has that advantage.
    But lets be honest, what songs other than Enter Sandman were even good on the original Rockband?

Also, Rockband 3's tracklist is nearly all songs that have been in previous guitar heros, or just suck all together.
    1) That was a joke. You most likely need to realize that. 2) You took that too seriously.
    Last edited by Samus-Fan; 02-13-2011 at 07:43 PM.

There were plenty of good songs...Don't Fear the Reaper, Welcome Home. I don't remember the rest cuz i only played it once. But don't forget, that was the FIRST one. there have been 2 more since, both of which were massively improved. The songs are more realistically charted (guitar hero games are overcharted to make it more complicated) and the game is way more polished.

And Ilyich, sure you could argue about it...not sure why you would though lol
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 02-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Rockband never even released double bass pedal. Their so called "Pro mode" on drums sucked, doing Avenged Sevenfold with no double bass? Where is the fun?
    Just because they never released it doesn't mean it's not possible, my friend did it.

Yes, sure, they had piano/keyboard. That's exactly what I don't want to do, I like to have fun as a fake rockstar, not signing a song as a piano man.
    Doesn't matter if that's what you want or not, they still improved the game.

Yes, in Guitar Hero, you can use your character for more than one instrument...I dont get what you meant by that.
    Sure they did, doesn't really change the fact that World Tour was basically Neversoft's take on Rock Band.

All the downloadable content from World Tour can be in 5, and World Tour and 5s can be used in the newest. It's all compatible.
    Sure they can, but most of Rock Band 2's (and i think to an extent, 3's) download songs can be used in the first game.

Songs from past games you pay for in guitar hero, I guess you can say Rockband has that advantage.
    But lets be honest, what songs other than Enter Sandman were even good on the original Rockband?
    Quite a few songs. To be honest, Enter Sandman is an okay song in itself, it's definitely not the greatest.

Also, Rockband 3's tracklist is nearly all songs that have been in previous guitar heros, or just suck all together.
    OMGAH THERES SONGS FROM MUSIC GAME IN ANOTHER MUSIC GAME, PLUS THERES SONGS I PROBABLY HAVENT GIVEN A CHANCE!

Seriously, it's all perspective, but most people you'd ask would say there's very few truely bad songs on the Rock Band games.

1) That was a joke. You most likely need to realize that. 2) You took that too seriously.
    "Joke" or not, it wasn't completely factual, which most jokes like that usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    And Ilyich, sure you could argue about it...not sure why you would though lol
    Sure you could.. if you wanted to look uneducated about something you're talking about.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 02-13-2011 at 10:27 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

I didn't know opinions were uneducated, sorry I'm such a bad person because I think Rockband sucks.
    In my view it does. It is missing a lot, and personally, the rectangles for notes bothers me and I can't play. Plus their guitars suck.

Argue against my opinion, in the end it just makes you look like you're arguing with yourself since everything you called "wrong and uneducated" is purely opinion.

I didn't know opinions were uneducated, sorry I'm such a bad person because I think Rockband sucks.
    In my view it does. It is missing a lot, and personally, the rectangles for notes bothers me and I can't play. Plus their guitars suck.

Argue against my opinion, in the end it just makes you look like you're arguing with yourself since everything you called "wrong and uneducated" is purely opinion.
    Actually, the only thing i called "wrong and uneducated" was the WoW comment to Blizzard, which insinuated that it was the only game they spent their time and money on. Not once did I say that your opinion that Guitar Hero was better than Rock Band was wrong, I was just stating what I know/think.

What's Rock Band missing that Guitar Hero has? Mind elaborating on this aspect?

And really? You're going to say a game sucks/not going to play it because a completely graphical feature is rectangular instead of circular? Really?

Not to mention, the only Rock Band guitar that sucked as bad as you say was the one that came with the first game. The ones after that were fixed.

Edit: Arguing with myself? What? Lmfao.. right.
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 02-14-2011 at 10:42 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Good riddance
    YOU STOLE MY REPLY
    lulll

dont like either rockband or guitar hero. played both.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Thread Information