Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nba

Justin Bieber is in the ****ing All-Star Celebrity team, right now... It depresses me, because I was expecting him to be absolutely gash... but he is actually alright :/ He got some skills...

Anybody even watching the NBA All Star competitions?? Think it's on TNT for you guys, it's on ESPN HD for me (UK) and yes it's like past 4:00am here haha, dedicated NBA fan

The sprite dunk contest is immense. McGee v Griffin has been somethin' else!

*result coming up...*

Blake Griffin wins it!!

Holy ****! My Celtics just came back from being 27 down @ Orlando and won the game by 8 points! Inspiring performance by Paul Pierce and young E'Twaun Moore who were the driving force in the effort.

Celtics showing Magic who's in charge twice in one week. I have to add that in both games we were missing Rondo and Ray, too, and still managed to win both. W3 now.

I think Danny Ainge would be a fool to blow up the big 3 this season. They've still got a championship left in them. Keep them all on board and get Dwight Howard in the trade for next season. He's already expressed his desire to play in the Celtics ranks... Doc just showed him what a team with passion and heart can do.

Did anybody catch it?

Haven't been watching Basketball this year really. I was pumped for it when the season should have started, but the strike made me lose interest I think. I was never really into the NBA though. Play offs are fun to watch, that's about it. I guess I'd be a Miami fan, but in reality, I'm just a Lebron James fan lol, I go where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Haven't been watching Basketball this year really. I was pumped for it when the season should have started, but the strike made me lose interest I think. I was never really into the NBA though. Play offs are fun to watch, that's about it. I guess I'd be a Miami fan, but in reality, I'm just a Lebron James fan lol, I go where he goes.
    That pretty much describes my feelings towards the NFL. I'll follow New England when they're on Sky Sports in the UK, but I won't make a habit of it. NBA and NHL for the win

Yeah, LBJ is going to be the best forward and/or player in the league when Kobe eventually retires. But with LBJ being younger than Kobe, he could surpass the black mamba before he retires!

Man.......I don't know about lebron. He disappears in the finals and really can't handle the whole "team" concept. I'm a huge Knicks/OKC/Bulls fan, and I was hoping any of the three could have a chance for the finals. However, the Knicks are horrible despite adding the best scoring threat in the league right now. OKC and Bulls could out-duel the heat in the playoffs, but we will have to see when the time comes. Also, how about Brandon Bass for the celtics? I put him on my fantasy team and he is beasting hard off the bench. I am happy with my choice.

Actually Lebron works great with a team lol, him and his coaches even say that he looks for the pass before the shot. He has over 500 AST each year averaging 7 or 8 per game. Also I wouldn't say he disappears in the finals either, if you look at his stats, he has more PPG in the play offs then he does in regular season.

Lebron is easily one of the best players in the NBA though, the only thing he really doesn't have is a good jump shot, that's what separates him from Koby IMO. Once Lebron gets a good jump shot, he'll be unstoppable. I think that's the reason why the Heat lost last year. Their all star players are bosh, wade and James all who like to drive to the basket or shoot within the paint. If they had a good 3 point shooter who made more then 50% they'd be way better becasue they'd have a good shooter to rely on when they attract the extra defender when driving to the basket.

The problem is, Lebron cost Miami the championship last year. He completely fell apart against dallas, and I doubt it was entirely Dirk's defense. I think
    Kobe will still end up with more rings than lebron, and will probably have the better stats in the end. Kobe looks like he still has three-four more years.

EDIT: Plus, if Chicago or LA ends up landing Dwight, they will lock up a championship or two before Miami has a chance.
    Last edited by Sunsetforgotten; 02-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetforgotten View Post
    Also, how about Brandon Bass for the celtics? I put him on my fantasy team and he is beasting hard off the bench. I am happy with my choice.
    Bass > Big Baby. What a fantastic trade. I wasn't going to judge the trade at first, but after his first few games he started to make a real big impact off the bench, especially in the last 3 games. He puts in a good shift on defence and gets some vital baskets.

Same goes with Pietrus! Air France was an awesome catch. We have someone who can near consistently sink 3's as well as Allen, from the bench. It's starting to look good for C's now that the team has got some practice in and got used to playing with the newbies to the team.

I'm currently impressed by Avery Bradley too. He's a terrier! His work-rate is awesome, and he's definitely going to be a fantastic asset off the bench to lighten the load on Rondo. Same with E Moore. The silver lining on Rondo's current injury is that Doc has had a chance to throw these players onto the court for some game-time practice for when the play-offs come around.

Eyes on JaJuan Johnson, too.

Also, my view on LeBron is that he can choke at any point, but more often than not his clutch play is ridiculously good. Him, Wade and Bosh destroyed Celtics in the play-offs last year... especially LBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetforgotten View Post
    The problem is, Lebron cost Miami the championship last year. He completely fell apart against dallas, and I doubt it was entirely Dirk's defense. I think
    Kobe will still end up with more rings than lebron, and will probably have the better stats in the end. Kobe looks like he still has three-four more years.

EDIT: Plus, if Chicago or LA ends up landing Dwight, they will lock up a championship or two before Miami has a chance.
    So he had one bad game in the play offs, which wasn't even bad really, but it makes him disappear in the play offs? lol, haters gonna hate

Thread Information