Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nba

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    So he had one bad game in the play offs, which wasn't even bad really, but it makes him disappear in the play offs? lol, haters gonna hate
    Actually games 4,5,6 were pretty bad shooting and defense-wise. He kept taking jump shots and his defense was barely there. I'm not hating, just stating facts. People want to crown him new Jordan when he doesn't even have a ring yet. Once he starts winning and consistently being clutch, then he can go in that category.

But yeah, the celtics look pretty good this year after slumping a bit. Rondo is really coming on with his jumpshot and is drawing way more fouls than he normally does with his drives. He is like a mini-westbrook in a way.

I'm still looking for the Pacers and Grizzlies to come on strong by the time this year is up. Randolph has the potential to bully down in the paint really hard. Granger is always a threat from 15+ feet as well. I'm hoping for an intriguing playoffs and wouldn't mind seeing LA making a run for Dwight before the trade deadline.

Also, why didn't the Lakers just give Shannon Brown more playing time instead of letting him slip away? They could use some athleticism on their team, and his jumpshot is really improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetforgotten View Post
    Actually games 4,5,6 were pretty bad shooting and defense-wise. He kept taking jump shots and his defense was barely there. I'm not hating, just stating facts. People want to crown him new Jordan when he doesn't even have a ring yet. Once he starts winning and consistently being clutch, then he can go in that category.
    Maybe bad compared to his usual game he did bad, but not compared to the average player.

Many people complain about rings with lebron, but you have to remember James didn't have a team until last year. He was the only player who could make shots, Michael Jordan had a good team when he was winning championships. Also Jordan was 28 when he got his first ring, lebron is only 26. People like to discuss things they have no idea about ( not just you everyone that dislike james. ) Like I said haters going to hate.

Want stats and actual prove instead of peoples opinions on matters they have no idea what they're talking about, well here you go.

Player------------ Min FGA FG% 3FG% FT% Reb Ast TO Pts USG PER
    Regular LeBron 40.1 20.6 47.9 32.9 74.4 7.1 7.0 3.3 27.7 31.8 26.9
    Regular Jordan 39.0 23.4 51.6 28.2 84.8 6.3 6.0 3.3 32.8 33.8 29.9
    Player------------ Min FGA FG% 3FG% FT% Reb Ast TO Pts USG PER
    Playoffs LeBron 43.6 20.8 45.9 32.3 74.9 8.5 7.0 3.6 28.7 32.1 27.0
    Playoffs Jordan 42.5 25.1 50.5 30.4 83.3 6.9 6.7 3.8 35.8 35.5 29.6

Those are stats both from there same age 26, pretty similar if you ask me, not saying he's going to be the next Jordan because he never will. He's Lebron James, it's just the comparing of stats from two top notch players.
    Last edited by Trunks; 02-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Maybe bad compared to his usual game he did bad, but not compared to the average player.
    Well I'm just saying games 3,4,5 were awful defensively. I think he will eventually get a ring with Miami, especially if they bolster the bench. I think hes a great athlete, just wish people (not you) would stop treating him like hes a legend already. To be honest, I'd love to see them pick up a center with some defense (Chandler, Marc Gasol, Perkins) and win a ring. I really like Wade and think he is underrated in the talks of greatest. What he did for Miami before Bosh and Lebron was amazing.

Anyone else think the trailblazers might actually make some playoff noise this year? I think Roy has lost his tough a bit, but they seem fairly tough.

In other news, my Celtics play Knicks tonight on ESPN. Yea brotha!

Knicks are doing bad this season, they're just 8 for 14 so far. But to be fair, C's only just about got above the 0.500 mark the other day, but still not as bad as the start Knicks have had. I didn't expect it really, because they looked set to be a strong presence in the conference.

At the moment for them, it's Melo or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    In other news, my Celtics play Knicks tonight on ESPN. Yea brotha!

At the moment for them, it's Melo or nothing.
    Chandler isn't enough to stop the bleeding on defense. They need Baron Davis to step his game up when he comes back. A pure PG would be great for them. I see them making some noise.

Also, I would love for Boston to top everyone and win it all this year. Doc deserves another ring to make the LA/Boston rivalry start up again.
    Last edited by Sunsetforgotten; 02-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information