Default Looking for a Racing Buddy (PC)

Hello,

I just recently got into racing games on the PC, and I'm looking for someone else who enjoys them (or is looking to try it out)!

The games I have, all of which are alot of fun in different ways, are: Grid, Dirt 2, Need for Speed: Shift, and Flatout: Ultimate Carnage.

So I'm looking for another PC gamer that has at least 1 of these games as well and also preferably has a racing wheel controller. Or, if you are a PC gamer that hasn't tried racing games before and wants to give them a shot, also let me know!

Thanks for reading.

I've been soul searching for a good racing game for some time now. If you were to recommend I go out and impulse buy one of the games you listed, which one would you tell me to get and why?

Sell me to something and I'll play it with you
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

Please tell me you have a 360 ....
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Thanks for the replies!

Hamada - Unfortunately I don't have any current-generation consoles, just my PC. Also I think the wheel I use (Logitech Driving Force GT), works with Playstation 3 and PC, but not Xbox.

Diligence - Currently my favorite of the batch is Need for Speed: Shift, but they are all fun and I'd be happy to have someone to race with in any of them, so let me give you a brief rundown of each.

NFS: Shift - Most realistic overall of the ones I have (though not a true simulation like the more indie games I've heard about). Great graphics, mostly track-style racing, good customization of cars. The most impressive feature is the fantastic sense of speed in the game. The only downside that comes readily to my mind is that the damage modeling could be better. ($20 digital copy via EA games)

Dirt 2 - The most popular of the games I have, its an off-road/rally racer. Strong overall in all its features, the biggest criticism that comes to my mind is that you have to use Games for Windows Live, which can be an annoyance. ($20 digital copy via Steam)

GRID - A track racer with a huge amount of content, as far as tracks and cars. Not quite as realistic as Shift or with as good graphics, but somewhat better damage modeling. ($15 digital copy via Steam)

Flatout: UC - This one is different from all the rest as it is not even remotely trying to be realistic, but is more of a stunt driving / aggressive type of arcade racer. It still manages to hold a spot up with these other games though, based on sheer fun factor and the "&*#$ did you see that?" factor. ($20 digital copy via Steam)

I know Shift, Dirt 2, and Flatout all have demo's available, and I think GRID does but not 100% sure, so if you wanted to try one out first and didn't mind a bit of a download you could. All 4 games are great, but I should warn that trying to play any of them with a mouse/keyboard seriously diminishes their fun value. At the least, you'd need an Xbox360 regular controller (they work with the PC), and if you find you really enjoy one of the games, a Wheel controller makes them that much more fun, but can be somewhat pricy ($75-125 for a good one).

If you have any other questions, specific or general just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Thread Information