Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    People get so fired up about animal cruelty because most of the animals getting abused are pets, not stock animals like cows, pigs, etc.
    That is exactly my point.
    Blog Twitter
    WoW Server: Aman'Thul
    Character: Dwarf Warlock named Drundrak

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by insert_cliche_here View Post
    I don't understand why people get so fired up about animal cruelty. Obviously this case is more than just killing a kitten, given her previous crimes, but the real outrage seems to be that particular act. I wonder if she had done a similar thing to a pig, but instead of using an oven she used scalding water, would there have been such an outcry? I'm guessing no. In fact, I'd say she would have been paid handsomely for her efforts and no one would have batted an eye because that's the hypocrisy and determined ignorance of the world.
    Yes, I think there would have. Being cruel to animals just for the sake of being cruel to them is generally looked down upon. People get in trouble for it all the time, and people are outraged by it even more so.

I think the level of outrage of putting a kitten in an oven is pretty appropriate, and I can't believe you're mad at people for getting outraged about it and assuming that they wouldn't be mad if it was a pig or some other animal. The girl showed a disturbing lack of concern for any living thing's life, to a sociopathic level. Not even counting this girl's previous history, this is worthy of outrage. If she locked a pig in the oven and was like "HAHAHA I DON'T CARE THAT I AM COOKING YOU ALIVE," then people would still be upset. It's horrifyingly cruel, no matter the species.

People get upset over the way farms kill animals for food, too, you know. There are a lot of people to get laws pushed to change other acts of cruelty.

I can't believe you're attacking people who are horrified by this teen girl cooking a cat alive in an oven and not even caring.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    Yes, I think there would have. Being cruel to animals just for the sake of being cruel to them is generally looked down upon. People get in trouble for it all the time, and people are outraged by it even more so.

I think the level of outrage of putting a kitten in an oven is pretty appropriate, and I can't believe you're mad at people for getting outraged about it and assuming that they wouldn't be mad if it was a pig or some other animal. The girl showed a disturbing lack of concern for any living thing's life, to a sociopathic level. Not even counting this girl's previous history, this is worthy of outrage. If she locked a pig in the oven and was like "HAHAHA I DON'T CARE THAT I AM COOKING YOU ALIVE," then people would still be upset. It's horrifyingly cruel, no matter the species.

People get upset over the way farms kill animals for food, too, you know. There are a lot of people to get laws pushed to change other acts of cruelty.

I can't believe you're attacking people who are horrified by this teen girl cooking a cat alive in an oven and not even caring.
    Okey dokey. I wasn't having a go at people for being upset, I was merely pointing out that there are many common practises in various industries (the example I used comes from pig slaughtering) that are just as horrific as this particular event.

It's been my experience that the majority of the world don't want to know about what happens to their food before they eat it, I suppose you've just met some much more educated and caring people than I have.

I apologise if I seemed to be attacking anyone, I was just expressing my opinion.
    Blog Twitter
    WoW Server: Aman'Thul
    Character: Dwarf Warlock named Drundrak

Thread Information