Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    They can comment as much as they want, The reason i like Arma is because it technically is the sequel to operation flashpoint and the editor that was missing in OFP2 is in ARMA series instead. No comments will change that. :P
    What made you love that game so much anyway? Was it the voice acting or the graphics? Or was it the AI? Or maybe the action packed 1 h drive in the desert? Seriously, that game sucks. I am shouldn't have bought that game. And despite all the technical flaws it has, that game is boooooooooooring. I can't believe it's so famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter99 View Post
    What made you love that game so much anyway? Was it the voice acting or the graphics? Or was it the AI? Or maybe the action packed 1 h drive in the desert? Seriously, that game sucks. I am shouldn't have bought that game. And despite all the technical flaws it has, that game is boooooooooooring. I can't believe it's so famous.
    The editor and the more (realitivly) realistic gameplay are a couple of the things.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter99 View Post
    I can understand fully why some people dislike the game.
    But from the start it was Operation flashpoint 1 that made the series famous.
    (Arma is more of a sequel to Operation flashpoint 1 Cold war Crisis then what OFP2 Dragon rising where) Because of a simple thing.
    Its the incredibly famous Mission editor, It contains all of the units from the game, has an "easy" to use coding system that enables you to decide everything from a units loadout to general behaviour on the battlefield.

With this you can basicly generate endlessly different battle scenarios.
    With the use of notepad you can create complex scripts during these battles, and with some extra programs you can create awesome mission briefings and record your own/friend voice for use in the missions you create, and even model and code your own units into the game.

Because of ALL these possibilities, the game has attracted a big fanbase and multiple communities have been set up to help new/other players get a hang of the coding in the game, provide a place for easy access to addons, mods and forums.
    It can arguably be said that the core of the game is the Mission Editor.

Hell, since the servers are hosted by the players they can use a usermade mission to play trough on multiplayer.

If you decide to you can even create a 5h long action packed mission complete with scripted events if you so choose, mission briefings, and cinematic events.
    One particular code i recently learned was how to call in CAS (Close Air Support) triggered by my radio. You even choose what units should be providing the support. And even without coding you can still have basic fun with it "50 A-10's VS 50 SU-25's at Night is spectacular, Especially when you line them all up on opposing sides of a big valley and they clash over the middle of it.)

All the missions provided in the singleplayer can be more or less recreated in the editor, and i use them more as inspiration for my own missions than anything else. OFP 1 had a proper singleplayer though
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 03-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.

(Arma is more of a sequel to Operation flashpoint 1 Cold war Crisis then what OFP2 Dragon rising where) Because of a simple thing.
    Its the incredibly famous Mission editor, It contains all of the units from the game, has an "easy" to use coding system that enables you to decide everything from a units loadout to general behaviour on the battlefield.

With the use of notepad you can create complex scripts during these battles, and with some extra programs you can create awesome mission briefings and record your own/friend voice for use in the missions you create, and even model and code your own units into the game.

Because of ALL these possibilities, the game has attracted a big fanbase and multiple communities have been set up to help new/other players get a hang of the coding in the game, provide a place for easy access to addons, mods and forums.

Hell, since the servers are hosted by the players they can use a usermade mission to play trough on multiplayer.

If you decide to you can even create a 5h long action packed mission complete with scripted events if you so choose, mission briefings, and cinematic events.
    One particular code i recently learned was how to call in CAS (Close Air Support) triggered by my radio. You even choose what units should be providing the support. And even without coding you can still have basic fun with it "50 A-10's VS 50 SU-25's at Night is spectacular, Especially when you line them all up on opposing sides of a big valley and they clash over the middle of it.)

All the missions provided in the singleplayer can be more or less recreated in the editor, and i use them more as inspiration for my own missions than anything else. OFP 1 had a proper singleplayer though
    Once I saw how lame the campaign and scenarios are, I stopped playing this game without giving the editor a chance. It's quite fun, but still, I'd give the game only a 6/10. Killing doesn't feel realistic and the whole way of aiming takes the fun out of it. I always feel like the soldier I play as is on drugs, because of all the motion blur, delayed movement and the way you command your squad sucks.
    If you want a good tactical first person shooter you should check out Brothers in Arms. If that game had a level editor I'd give it an 11/10, since it already has a 9.5/10 on my list.

Well at the moment its Minecraft

Im in the middle of making a stealth mission now, even if an massive air battle always makes me smile(even if my pc starts to cry)

Just want to learn more about programming and camera control so I can do as epic movies like everyone else.

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Once I saw how lame the campaign and scenarios are, I stopped playing this game without giving the editor a chance. It's quite fun, but still, I'd give the game only a 6/10. Killing doesn't feel realistic and the whole way of aiming takes the fun out of it. I always feel like the soldier I play as is on drugs, because of all the motion blur, delayed movement and the way you command your squad sucks.
    If you want a good tactical first person shooter you should check out Brothers in Arms. If that game had a level editor I'd give it an 11/10, since it already has a 9.5/10 on my list.
    Aye Brothers in Arms was great True, the squad commands in Arma can be a little tedious if you arent used to them, Thankfully i am
    Dont realy get what you mean about delayed movement though :P Maby i've just gotten to comfortable with it allready
    Oh and by the way, have you actually killed someone before? If not, then don't complain about it not feeling realistic. You wouldnt want it to be.

Im in the middle of making a stealth mission now, even if an massive air battle always makes me smile(even if my pc starts to cry)

Just want to learn more about programming and camera control so I can do as epic movies like everyone else.
    Yea stealth missions are fun Havent realy been to bothered about the movie part yet though about the programming however, i can send you all the sites and wiki's i use when i need to learn something about the editor Send me a PM if interested.
    Last edited by Exentenzed; 03-26-2011 at 06:38 PM.

I love sims 3!Im getting two new add on packs!

I have many, I cant just take 1 game and call it my all time favorite.

If I had to pick one, I already made a thread of your favorite game of all time, and in that I claimed Lemmings, which is true

But if you mean some more recent games cause you're looking to expand your game library? Lets see...

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Age of Empires
    Rome: Total War
    Medieval 2: Total War
    The Sims 3(with all expansions)
    World of Warcraft
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Those are just some of them, but they're all deffinately worth a try.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Rome total war.....man I remember spending hours playing that, building an empire, crashing the computer, my mom getting pissed......memories.
    Call. Me. PJ.

My youtube channel that features reviews and other crap - http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTheAm...J?feature=mhee

Thread Information