Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid HomeFront

Default Avoid HomeFront

I went out yesterday and picked up myself a copy of the highly anticipated FPS HomeFront expected a really solid game, well I was wrong. For starters The story is way too short only about seven missions = about five hrs of gameplay. Next I The game was sooo repetitive I almost broke my controller. The A.I is either not paying any attention or too much attention. The way your heath is set up you die with around three hits and sometimes one. Thank God this game was short because I would have never finished it if it kept getting harder. The A.I. of your teammates is ridiculous they are constantly running into walls or standing in your way and your always the last one to do things if you and your team has to climb a ladder you can't climb the ladder until the rest of your team does first how stupid is that. The next thing is the graphics their nothing special either. I saw a bunch of graphical flaws and glitches in singleplayer. I saw trees glitching out and I saw enemies spawn right in front of me like I was in multiplayer, and speaking of multiplayer I had been told that this game was designed more for online than than as a singleplayer game. Well that would be great if they put more time into maintaining the online servers. HomeFront servers are some if not the worst multiplayer online servers I've ever seen. and I know the problem wasn't on my end because I could have gotton on GTA or Cod servers without a problem. I know they are worrking to fix the servers but I am already fed up with this game it was unfinished in my opinion and should not have been released until all of these problems were fixed. HomeFront 2 better wow me in ways I've never been wowed before if I'm gonna buy it

Most FPS games aren't any longer than 5-8 hours, so I don't know why you'd expect much on that front. I can't really attest to any of the single player problems you've encountered, but yeah, the servers are a little overwhelmed, they're working on that, and you have to keep in mind, the game JUST came out on Tuesday. They're not going to have an instant fix. Add onto that the problems that ANY games with dedicated servers have if not stress tested before hand have,

It's really NOT a bad game. The multiplayer is fun and entertaining, and makes up for any shortfalls of the campaign, in my opinion.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

I see your point but you don't finish a game like Halo or Call of Duty in 5 hours and on some level I have to agree with you the last chapter of the game is actually good and kind of fun but for the last level of the game to finally be able to get me interested thats kind of bad

Actually, you could easily blow through Halo of CoD in that amount of time, people do it all the time (and about half of them do it just to do it, not paying attention to the story or exploring.)

But yeah.. I haven't gotten much to the single player.. been too ****ing busy.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

yeah but for someone like me who sucks at FPS to go through it in that amount of time even with the difficulty by the way the game chooses the difficulty based on how well your playing the game. and just one more little complaint you run out of ammunition veryu quickly

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Except the glitches and AI problems i still feel sort of obligated to get this.

//You die with 1-3 shots? Great! Realistic! Any more and i would start to wonder if i had invisible full body armor.

//Cant go up ladders before your team does? Hah, Probably wouldnt bother me much as i usually play in tactic mode all the time. If my team where going up a ladder and i had to wait for them? Cover them while they climb it.

Can I just shoot you down Metallica, and say this is only Kaos Studio's second game, ever. You can't expect them to be perfect. It's not Kaos Studio's fault that gamers have been let down, it's the Media's fault.

You're being far too harsh towards Homefront. I understand that it's your opinion, but you're instructing people to "avoid" the game when, as Ilyich said, it's only been out for a few days.
    I myself haven't experienced any problems on-line whatsoever, and I've been putting a lot of hours into it, so it's probably an issue on your end, as I doubt it's just coincidence when I consistently have zero problems on multiple servers.

Also, I would like to add that you're being far too negative, and you haven't focussed on any of the fantastic points in the game at all, which annoys me; you have just mauled it. Homefront has many positives, which makes it worth playing/owning, and I'm sure Ilyich will back me up on that if he reads this.

Anyway, my proper, unbiased review of the game is up now. Go read it.
    Last edited by Jayhmmz; 03-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.

I can understand all your points and your right Jay I was being way too negative I finally got into a working game on XBL and it was awesome soooo let me change my statement if you have an Xbox 360 with Xbox Live definitely pick this up for the multiplayer but if you don't have XBL I would rent it just to blow through the single player anyone with a PS3 should buy this once again for the multiplayer because as we all know PSN is free and Jay its not a problem on my end the HomeFront servers are very flawed at the moment everyone is having problems getting into game I guess you are just one of the lucky ones

Gotta admit.... I raged A LOT at this game.

Not only the glitches he mentioned but it seemed to me the AI was always reloading even though they were never REALLY shooting anyone. Then they'd be like... "TAKE POINT" and BOOM you're dead. Along with a bunch of other stuff.... I mean I understand it's their second game or whatever, but any person who has played FPS games should have pointed this stuff out in the Beta or even the Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Gotta admit.... I raged A LOT at this game.

Not only the glitches he mentioned but it seemed to me the AI was always reloading even though they were never REALLY shooting anyone. Then they'd be like... "TAKE POINT" and BOOM you're dead. Along with a bunch of other stuff.... I mean I understand it's their second game or whatever, but any person who has played FPS games should have pointed this stuff out in the Beta or even the Alpha.
    Indeed. As I said in my review, it annoys me when you have to wait for the AI to move into position for you to be able to continue with the next phase of the mission.. it also annoys me that you have to wait for every one of the characters to go up a ladder, climb over an obstacle or go through a door before you're allowed to; much like Medal of Honour campaign.

Thread Information