Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top Ten Games Expected to Debut at E3 2011

10. Project Gotham Racing 5

It was only last month that a new Project Gotham Racing title was revealed to be in development, but unfortunately that’s pretty much all we know about it at present. With the original home of the series sadly no longer operating, it’ll Electronic Theatre Imagebe as much of a surprise to see who’s developing the title as just when we should expect it to arrive, but what we do know is that it’s coming to Xbox 360, and seeing as the tech for the game is quite obviously there already it is likely to be revealed this year. What better place to do so than E3?

9. Assassin’s Creed III

Already confirmed as being in production, Assassin’s Creed III will actually be the fourth bloodline release in the series, but in fact the seventh unique title baring the franchise name. Exactly what era and venue Assassin’s Creed III will take place in remains a mystery, as does the progression it will offer the plot, though it’s not expected to veer too far from that which we have seen before, with Desmond returning in his battle against the Templars.
    8. New Hitman Game

It’s been on the cards for a long time, and after the sidesteps into the underappreciated Mini Ninjas and two instalments in the decidedly average Kane & Lynch series, are IO Interactive finally ready to deliver the first true Electronic Theatre Imagecurrent-generation experience in the Hitman franchise? Being such a technical game, taking advantage of the added horsepower of modern systems will certainly take a great deal of experimentation and planning, and maybe this is why it’s been five years since we last saw a release for the series. But if the rumours are true, and IO Interactive do reveal a new Hitman game this year, the wait will surely have been worth it.
    7. Super Mario 3DS

Revealed at this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC), Super Mario 3DS was then stated to be detailed further at E3 this summer. However, if the current rumours are to be believed, it won’t just be detailed, but will be playable. Both 2D and 3D Super Mario titles have been confirmed for the Nintendo 3DS system, though it has been suggested that the 2D edition will be featured much more heavily at the show.
    6. Resident Evil 6

Though Capcom has previously stated that it’ll be many years until we see the next direct successor to the Resident Evil name, the rumblings concerning Resident Evil 6 have been picking-up speed of late. It has Electronic Theatre Imagebeen suggested that Resident Evil 6 would be a dramatic reboot for the series in a similar fashion to the groundbreaking launch of Resident Evil 4 on GameCube, but also recent rumours have suggested that Capcom would like to see at least one more instalment hit the shop shelves worldwide before the end of the current-generation. Could we see the first footage from Resident Evil 6 at E3 this year? It’s beginning to look more-and-more likely

5. New Hideo Kojima Title

Zone of the Enders? Unlikely. Remake of Snatcher? Doubtful. A Nintendo 3DS version of Boktai? Keep dreaming. Instead, we are currently expecting a new project from the highly regarded Hideo Kojima to be unveiled at E3 2011, possibly the beginning on an entirely new franchise. And this is of course alongside the project he is reportedly still working on with the incorrigibly eccentric Goichi Suda (aka Suda 51) from Grasshopper Manufacture, which is also expected to make it’s public debut at some point this year.
    4. Grand Theft Auto V

It’s currently expected that Rockstar Games will finally confirm the existence of Grand Theft Auto V publicly at this year’s E3. Of course, it’s highly unlikely that it’ll be playable at the show, or that it’ll be released prior to next Electronic Theatre Imageyear’s show, but it is likely that the studio will begin talking about it. What do we know about Grand Theft Auto V for sure right now? Nothing, to be precise. Though the current rumours suggestion it’ll be a return to LA.

3. Bungie Game

It’s an MMO. No wait, it’s not an MMO. Bungie can’t seem to make up their mind as to what their next game will be, but it’s most certainly at the centre of the ten-year plan that Activision-Blizzard are prepared to support with their recent publishing agreement, despite the fact that Bungie will be retaining all rights to the intellectual property (IP), something almost unheard of in the videogames industry. Activision-Blizzard must surely have a lot of confidence in the game, whatever it may be.

Perhaps it’s the success of Bungie’s last IP, the Halo franchise, that has lead the publisher to have such faith in the studio, with Halo 2 reportedly making more than $125 million on release day and Halo 3 making $170 million in its first twenty-four hours of release. With that kind of record, you’d be a fool not to dance to Bungie’s tune if asked. All we know for certain about Bungie’s new game is that it’ll be a multi-format title, and the start of an entirely new IP. What form it will take beyond that will hopefully be unveiled in just a few weeks.
    2. Ninja Gaiden 3

For some, Ninja Gaiden 3 will redefine the future of 3D scrolling Beat-‘Em-Ups in the same way that God of War did for the PlayStation 2 back in 2005. For others, it’ll be just another action game featuring ninjas andElectronic Theatre Image inter-dimensional demons. Whichever camp ends-up being right, it’s going to be a fun ride finding out.

Originally revealed at the Tokyo Games Show (TGS) last year with a single-piece of concept art, Ninja Gaiden 3 has been a talking point for much of the industry over the last six months. A debut trailer revealed last month confirmed that the game would appear at this year’s E3, but further to this came the confirmation right here at Electronic Theatre that it would in fact be playable. Roll on June, roll on Ryu Hayabusa.

1. 343 Industries First Halo Title

Where to next for the Halo franchise? That much rumoured high-definition remake of the original Halo: Combat Evolved? An all new title continuing the story beyond the lifetime of Master Chief? Taking place before he became a Spartan? Entirely removed from this storyline altogether? Right now, your guess is as good as ours.

With just the creation of the Halo Waypoint information and statistics portal, which is available on both Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7, and the Defiant Map Pack for Halo: Reach to their name, 343 Industries has not yet Electronic Theatre Imageproduced a singular playable experience in the Halo franchise. But regardless, they will be bringing the next title to the public, and it’s likely to be revealed at E3 this June. After the launch of Gears of War 3 this September, Microsoft has little that has been announced to promote the Xbox 360 with exclusive titles, so there’s a specifically Halo shaped hole for next autumn, and if 343 Industries intend on filling that hole, we expect at least a live, hands-off demonstration of that project at this year’s show, if not a playable build. Whatever 343 Industries present, Electronic Theatre will of course bring you all the latest details on this, and every other title featured in this week’s Sunday Special feature.
    Top Ten Games Expected to Debut at E3 2011 | N4G

GTAV, AC3, RE6, and Hitman is what I want to see the most....
    Last edited by DirtyDMan; 03-20-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Don't think I'll be getting any of them (or right away at least) - I look forward to more info, but doubt any of them would convince me to get them straight away (or at all).

Back in the day, I would have been really excited about GTA.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

GTA !!! can't wait! So excited about this ! They never disappoint!
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

If Bungie's not making it, it better be pretty damn good for me to play it.

the only slightly interesting game (to me) mentioned would be a new hitman game.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I'm intrigued by the Halo MMO, but I can't see how it will work?

So I'm just gunna go ahead and look forward to Assassins Creed III and GTA:V

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    I'm intrigued by the Halo MMO, but I can't see how it will work?

So I'm just gunna go ahead and look forward to Assassins Creed III and GTA:V
    If you're talking of the new Bungie game, it won't be Halo. MS owns the rights to that IP, unfortunately.. :/

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    If you're talking of the new Bungie game, it won't be Halo. MS owns the rights to that IP, unfortunately.. :/
    Well then! I wonder what the new MMO will be then.. What else has Bungie done in the past? I've never really been knowledgeable on their development past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    Well then! I wonder what the new MMO will be then.. What else has Bungie done in the past? I've never really been knowledgeable on their development past.
    They've worked on Marathon and Myth (and by work I mean develop) series. On top of that, in it's origins, Halo was going to be an RTS on the Mac OS but got changed to what we know now
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 03-22-2011 at 12:55 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    They've worked on Marathon and Myth (and by work I mean develop) series. On top of that, in it's origins, Halo was going to be an RTS on the Mac OS but got changed to what we know now
    Wow, pretty big change in idea in the end then ha ha.
    I'm intrigued as to what their MMO will be based on.. In my opinion, there's far too many MMO games in the mix at the moment, and far too many aren't good enough to be paying for monthly.

Thread Information