Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4???

Default Halo 4???

So with Chief floating through space, drifting to some foreign world, do you think Halo 4 would be possible and fun at all?

I personally think 343 studios should leave mainstream Halo Games alone because, let's face it, no one can reproduce Bungie's work.

343 is putting out a remake of Halo CE sometime this year
    Halo series is dead as it is unless they want to make some BS Story up which they most likely will.

The war is over humanity is save really no reason for another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    343 is putting out a remake of Halo CE sometime this year
    Why do I feel it will either be an epic fail or a masterpiece?

because its how it will be because it did start the series and it is considered one of the best games in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    because its how it will be because it did start the series and it is the best game in the series.
    Fix'd,

It went downhill as the series progressed. I'm not saying the others are bad, because I love H2, H3, ODST, and Reach, they're just not as great as the first.

Let me contemplate Halo for a minute...

Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein featured green power suite wearing elite soldiers. I see this classic forfather as inspiration for Soldiers of space:

And we get another version of the armor with the Starship Troopers GCI adaptation:

This one book is also a heavy influence on both the Warhammer 40k series, Starcraft series, and Aliens and the predator series. I could go into detail about that but lets stick to the point:

WHY is halo considered such a good game when its only really new innovation into sci-fi AT ALL was the giant rings, witch only get prominently featured in the first game?

The gameplay was solid and fun. But really from the first game the plot was weak, and smelled of capitalistic pursuit of tried and true themes.

Consider what they really had after the first game.

-Suspiciously familiar power armor worn by a character that might have been a robot for all we can tell
    -Aliens (really!?)
    -head jumping aliens that turn you into a zombie:

(oh by the way Gordon Freeman is still waiting for his royalties, thats a half life headcrab)

-And last but not least, you are the only survivor of the game.
    (and from this point on the event of the first game an inconsequential)

The rest of the series tried to evolve the game into some original thinking, but everyone seems to think those games got worse and worse. Sooo... in conclusion, maybe we should stop milking a dead cow.
    Last edited by BobTD; 03-22-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Let me contemplate Halo for a minute...

Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein featured green power suite wearing elite soldiers. I see this classic forfather as inspiration for Soldiers of space:

And we get another version of the armor with the Starship Troopers GCI adaptation:

This one book is also a heavy influence on both the Warhammer 40k series, Starcraft series, and Aliens and the predator series. I could go into detail about that but lets stick to the point:

WHY is halo considered such a good game when its only really new innovation into sci-fi AT ALL was the giant rings, witch only get prominently featured in the first game?

The gameplay was solid and fun. But really from the first game the plot was weak, and smelled of capitalistic pursuit of tried and true themes.

Consider what they really had after the first game.

-Suspiciously familiar power armor worn by a character that might have been a robot for all we can tell
    -Aliens (really!?)
    -head jumping aliens that turn you into a zombie:

(oh by the way Gordon Freeman is still waiting for his royalties, thats a half life headcrab)

-And last but not least, you are the only survivor of the game.
    (and from this point on the event of the first game an inconsequential)

The rest of the series tried to evolve the game into some original thinking, but everyone seems to think those games got worse and worse. Sooo... in conclusion, maybe we should stop milking a dead cow.
    +1

They really should stop milking a dead cow, as you say. I liked Halo Reach, quite a lot, as it was different in a good way from the first three Halo campaigns.. but they should stop their, imo. Or, if they're really confident, make one last EPIC game, but this game will have to come from Bungie, and no one else.

I heard Bungie's next project is a Halo MMO though??

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    +1

I heard Bungie's next project is a Halo MMO though??

Please god no!!!!

Actually the next game will be an MMO in space but it wont be halo related. Bungie said after reach they are done with the series hence why they gave all rights to 343

Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    Please god no!!!!
    I hope it won't it won't be an MMO. And I hope they'll stop ignoring PC gamers. After all, fps games are meant to be played on a PC.

Thread Information