Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS

After careful consideration, I still think I'm gunna buy a DSi.. I just don't think 3DS is worth all of that money, I can see myself getting tired of the 3D feature, and turning the setting down, to the point where I may as well just in-fact own a DSi.

There have been quite a lot of product reviews that state that the 3DS isn't that impressive, and that it was over-hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post
    After careful consideration, I still think I'm gunna buy a DSi.. I just don't think 3DS is worth all of that money, I can see myself getting tired of the 3D feature, and turning the setting down, to the point where I may as well just in-fact own a DSi.

There have been quite a lot of product reviews that state that the 3DS isn't that impressive, and that it was over-hyped.
    Well...3D aside, it's the successor to the DS. I want one because of the games for it, not because of the 3D. There's enough DS out though to keep you satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhmmz View Post

To be completely honest Jay, I'd just go with the 3DS if you even think you might want to play more than one of the already announced games. There's no point in getting a DSi and then seeing a bunch of games you want to play and being like FFFUUUUU 3DS! Part of the reason why I got it instead of just getting a DSi to replace my broken 1st Gen dinosaur.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    To be completely honest Jay, I'd just go with the 3DS if you even think you might want to play more than one of the already announced games. There's no point in getting a DSi and then seeing a bunch of games you want to play and being like FFFUUUUU 3DS! Part of the reason why I got it instead of just getting a DSi to replace my broken 1st Gen dinosaur.
    Pretty much this. I had a slight interest in like 2 wii games, and my gamecube broke and I still wanted to play gamecube. So I got a wii, but it kinda became the family wii. I might grab a gamecube though lol. DSi is like...$150, DSi XL is like $170, 3DS is $250. I mean I guess getting a DSi will save you some money, but if you buy the 3DS you can also enjoy games like ghost recon, ocarina of time, metal gear solid, etc. the 3DS library announced so far is pretty killer looking. Plus, the 3DS can play all the DS games too. If you don't like the 3D just turn it off and focus on the games.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 04-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Pretty much this. I had a slight interest in like 2 wii games, and my gamecube broke and I still wanted to play gamecube. So I got a wii, but it kinda became the family wii. I might grab a gamecube though lol. DSi is like...$150, DSi XL is like $170, 3DS is $250. I mean I guess getting a DSi will save you some money, but if you buy the 3DS you can also enjoy games like ghost recon, ocarina of time, metal gear solid, etc. the 3DS library announced so far is pretty killer looking. Plus, the 3DS can play all the DS games too. If you don't like the 3D just turn it off and focus on the games.
    That said, the 3D (at least on the menus/3D games) is actually pretty nice, it basically just adds depth instead of pops out at you, and obviously, the 3D doesn't work on non-3DS games. I was telling myself 'oh, I'll almost never use the 3D' and.. the only times I've found myself switching it off was when I was flipping between it to see the differences and when I play Pokemon lol

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich Valken View Post
    That said, the 3D (at least on the menus/3D games) is actually pretty nice, it basically just adds depth instead of pops out at you, and obviously, the 3D doesn't work on non-3DS games. I was telling myself 'oh, I'll almost never use the 3D' and.. the only times I've found myself switching it off was when I was flipping between it to see the differences and when I play Pokemon lol
    That's what I was hoping/expecting it to do. Add depth instead of being a gimmicky pop-out kinda 3D. I really want one to play Ghost Recon lol but like I said I don't have the money for it..plus I have all 3 consoles, DS, and PSP.. I don't really need a new system

Fair points all-round
    I need to get myself more money first though..

I'm considering buying one. My DS screen is messed up so I kind of need it. Playing pokemon on a broken screen just doesn't cut it!

I have one, and I wish I would of waited to buy it. I only have 1 3d game for it. I mean I have about 25 ds games but I also have a ds xl I can use. I just wish I would of waited until there were more games that I wanted out. Although, the shop had a few old gameboy games I used to play when I was younger, it still doesn't make up for the lack of 3d games!

Quote Originally Posted by XnewxskinX View Post
    I have one, and I wish I would of waited to buy it. I only have 1 3d game for it. I mean I have about 25 ds games but I also have a ds xl I can use. I just wish I would of waited until there were more games that I wanted out. Although, the shop had a few old gameboy games I used to play when I was younger, it still doesn't make up for the lack of 3d games!
    I bought one day one and don't regret a damn thing. The screen on my Gen 1 DS is hanging because the hinges broke. And especially since, you know.. I'm getting a bunch of NES and GBA VC games for free. :P

^Sig made by Lemons^

Thread Information