Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anime Board/sub section

With the move and new look, now is the perfect time to create a new board for Anime fans! The argument Im using here is that a lot of interests cross section here, and in my experience anime/game forums have been pretty successful. I was mod of a few decent sized ones and was surprised that the anime fans dominated most duel purpose forums.

But as a primary game forum looking to boost your activity, an anime section would probably do wonders. I even volunteer myself to bolster its activity with relevant threads and topic updates, as well as using it to encourage others to join the forum.

I would even be happy to settle for an anime sub board. Though personally I think there is more than enough interest in it to justify its own section. Being a huge Otaku (literally, Im very genshiken) I understand that geek culture goes pretty far beyond gaming and computers. I think we are missing something that is a huge draw that we could be benefiting from.

I would even become more active and volunteer to mod for it if no one else shared interest in that category.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

We actually have a sub-board for that, called Cartoons & Anime >> Cartoons Anime
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Ok, that doesnt even count. Dont even get me started on grouping it with cartoons. But its to hidden.

I didnt even know we had it because its not shown on the forum main view. And I have never noticed threads from that section so I doubt its active. Thats a like a sub board of a sub board, and we really are not drawing in people with that interest if they cant tell its there. =(
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

It's not active and neither would your idea. But now that you know it's there you can make it active and possibly tell me something good to watch thats on instant watch.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    It's not active and neither would your idea.
    That right there disqualifies your statement. Proof that you did not put much thought into your response. My idea by this point has been amended to move the anime board under entertainment so that is able to be viewed from the main forum page.

A. You can not tell how active my ideas are. (your not making sense)
    B. If you where implying that that an anime board within view of the main forum would not be active, that's merely a pessimistic viewpoint with only your opinion back it, and should be below you.
    C. I do not see the point putting a lot of effort into an area of the board that is hidden. Its a counter productive use of my time and your suggestion is a little insulting. That in you would ask for effort and enthusiasm from only me when I'm simply looking to benefit the community.

I have been a member here since like 2006, I see how far these ideas for separate boards go.

The anime board used to be a main board years ago, when interest started declining, we turned it into a sub-board of movies, it was only a second level sub-board then. But then interest started going down even more and after grouping the entertainment board together, it became a third level sub-board. But the last grouping happened less than a year ago.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I agree with BobTD to be honest, an anime board that is visible would be great, I didn't know that there was an Anime & Cartoon board up until now either :x

I would also happily volunteer myself to adding quality content to the section, as I am a huge anime fan!
    YNWA
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

THERES AN ANIME BOARD!!! bwow if i knew i would post on it like crazy you see 3 people right there that would post if they knew we had one im sure more are the same way.

I still don't understand how you guys didn't stumble on it earlier. Well the way it looks, if you guys make it active and keep it that way it may be promoted again. So it seems like if you guys want to leveled up you got some work to do!

Thread Information