Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone care to answer a question or two?

I am being forced to do a presentation in social deviance regarding the right of students to carry firearms on campus. This is not a debate, this is not an argument thread this is to help me get the view point of people and what they think so I can add it to my report and or give the relative information to my partners. Im doing con, one is doing pro and the other is doing questions.

So if you do wish to help me I thank you and would like for you to answer these questions:

1) Should they be allowed to carry yes,no and why?
    2) If they are allowed to carry should there any type of testing to determine they are qualified enough to carry on campus? Yes, no and why
    3) IN your opinion what do you think some of the downfalls of allowing kids to carry and not to carry are?

All information will be used in one manner or another. AGAIN, this is not a debate or argument thread this is just a information gathering thread.
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 04-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.

...what are students carrying?

Umm... firearms of course...

well it just said carry. Maybe it meant carry each other to class? Carry drugs? Carry a valid id?

I'd say no, there's no real reason for anybody to need to be carrying a firearm around campus. If they were allowed, somebody could easily take their pistol into the library and shoot the place up.

2) If they are allowed to carry should there any type of testing to determine they are qualified enough to carry on campus? Yes, no and why
    I guess if they had a concealed weapon permit...

3) IN your opinion what do you think some of the downfalls of allowing kids to carry and not to carry are?
    like i said in question one, there's no real need to and i wouldn't feel safe if i was walkin to class and some kid had some gun on him.
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 04-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    well it just said carry. Maybe it meant carry each other to class? Carry drugs? Carry a valid id?
    I don't know if he has edited it since, but it does say 'carry firearms' at the beginning :P

No they shouldn't, because if that person carrying the firearm has an anger problem, and someone causes said person to get angry, things could easily turn sour, and the firearm could be drawn as a threat.. and it may lead to a fatal outcome.

2) If they are allowed to carry should there any type of testing to determine they are qualified enough to carry on campus? Yes, no and why.

I think that would be pretty pointless, not meaning to sound so negative and dismissive. It would be hard to test them, because at the end of the day, no matter how responsible they are, if someone pisses them off, and they get into a fight on a bad day, then there are consequences.

I can't really see any downfalls in not allowing the kids to have firearms really.. The only downfall I can think of, is that if they have to walk home to/through a dodgy area, on their way back from school, then them not having a firearm means that they wouldn't be able to effectively protect themselves from potential rapists/paedophiles/kidnappers, etc..

The downfall in letting the kids carry firearms on campus, is the aforementioned problems; I have none to add.

1. yea, he edited it after I made the post.

2. i agree with what everything he said. There is no real value or upside to letting people carry firearms around campus aside from being protected against a thug, but if everybody has a gun a thug would probably have more means to attack somebody, so...no.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Absolutely not - there should be no reason for a student to carry a firearm, ever. If it's that bad of a school, have police officers or guards or something, but NEVER students.

If they were allowed to carry, they better have an extremely good testing program, and they'd have to have a license and everything.

I have no idea what the pros of letting students have guns on campus would be at all o_o Jayhmmz's answer is the only real "downfall" I guess, but there are better ways around that than letting kids carry guns on campus o.o By allowing kids to carry guns, you could be facing serious liability issues for the school, for one thing. And, you know, murder.

You're lucky you're doing the cons, because wtf are the pro arguments? XD (but seriously, I'm curious - what do people say for this? I feel like any argument could be easily countered o.o)

^ Sig by Foofle ^

You're right any argument can be easily counter and the pro argument is pretty much
    I have a right to carry its my second amendment right, If im allowed to carry I can protect those around me, if I could have carried I would have been able to stop the shootsing at Virginia Tech and other places.

that is the most common answers I have found

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    Of course not. Allowing that will result in far more killings in school. Someone who failed a test is having a bad day and is ready to blow = bad situation.

Previous answer was no. No test out there can determine if a student is "qualified" - I'm pretty sure that even plenty of cops aren't even qualified to carry.

I also don't see any pros in allowing kids to carry guns. Maybe it'll result in higher graduation rates cuz the professors will be scared half to death of failing anyone.

Cons are basically everything bad you can think of. Murder rate going up. Teachers afraid of Students (unless they're allowed to carry SMGs).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I do have another question.
    If guns were allowed on campus doing an active shooter threat would that hinder or help law enforcement response in your opinion?

Thread Information