Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your favourite free roaming game

What is your favourite free roaming game? GTA are such a big serie so if you pick that maybe you can pick a "gta clone" to.

I like GTA 4 and just cause. I love the stunts and hijacking airplanes.

My favorite free roaming game is of course Oblivion. GTA is just so...blagh, and I just plain old hated GTAIV, I mean I played it and finished it, and I played it for a long time, but I still liked San Andreas a whole lot more than GTAIV!

So Elder Scrolls Oblivion is my very cliche choice! I also like, but to a lesser degree:

Fallout 3
    Morrowind

And depending on how the game turns out, Dead Island might become my new favorite free roaming game. That is, if it turns out good.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Def. between GTA and Red Dead Redemption ... maybe Saints Row in there as well ?
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

GTA4, or Fallout 3, just in the towns though. Fun to kill residences, get the robots after you...first time I rented it I played for 13 hours, and never got past level 3.

I also like crackdown. Playing supehero is hilarious. If some bad guy is shooting at you, throw a car.

Red Dead Redemption wins it for me. It's just an epic take on the old 'Outlaw & Lawmen' days and I think it's significantly more exciting than GTA, or any other free roam game for that matter.

The campaign and the multiplayer is outstanding. The campaign boasts a massive length story, whilst being consistent, effective and gripping, accompanied by nice mini-missions a long the way.
    The multiplayer is just.... wow. There are so many game modes, so much so, I can't even begin to list them all. The DLC for the game has been nothing short of value for money, notable mention to Undead Nightmare, which has been a pure success, and continues to be, months after it's release. The rankings, achievements and unlocks system in the game is great fun, and it always has you working towards something, to make your gameplay feel worthwhile.

Not to mention it has the best graphics and attention to detail out of any other free roam game I have ever seen... The texture quality is outstanding, and anti-aliasing techniques are visible; it's a very crisp and sharp looking game. Does someone beg to differ?
    Last edited by Jayhmmz; 04-17-2011 at 07:45 AM.

^ I've yet to pick up RDR. I need to though, looks awesome and I've heard nothin but great things.

So I guess the GTA, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and AC series would be my favorites.

Sig by TheMangler

my favorite game to wander aimlessly in would be either red dead or minecraft... hmm...
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

my favorite is definitely Fallout 3, but Elder Scrolls: Oblivion gets an honorable mention. I've never liked GTA

GTA, Fallout, Fable and Elder Scrolls these games I been playing so long and enjoying them they are just really awesome

Thread Information