Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

maybe you just have bad vision. Cause MH3 is one of the best looking wii titles out there..

Quote Originally Posted by ZXDarknessfalls View Post
    maybe you just have bad vision. Cause MH3 is one of the best looking wii titles out there..
    I completely agree, you just have to dumb down your graphic expectations, and not judge every game you play by its graphics, and then you will be able to appreciate MH3

Quote Originally Posted by SiC TwiSteD View Post
    I completely agree, you just have to dumb down your graphic expectations, and not judge every game you play by its graphics, and then you will be able to appreciate MH3
    Not even that really. Like if you look at it, it really is one of the best looking wii titles and by no means actually has bad graphics IMO

That's the thing though. Eps isn't a "NEEDS BETTER GRAPHICS" guy. He agrees, it is one of the best looking games on the Wii. That doesn't mean that it can't look bad with certain settings/tvs. Most games that are 480p played on a higher setting are upscaled, meaning.. simply resizing the image, not improving it. Doesn't necessarily do anything for resolution.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

I may be taking the point in this wrongly, but nonetheless, I hope it'll atleast hold some value to the debate!

Let's face it, people. Wii is NOT a console designed to awe inspire you with the greatest and most realistic graphics currently available. It's just not designed to do so.

The Wii is designed to attempt adding excersize into the gaming community, cause, as always, the majority believe that the main reason for the extremely high adolescent obesity rates is due to video games. Right, cause fast food shacks every 300 feet in every direction has nothing to do with it.

EITHER WAY! As such, graphics is really not all that important on a Wii, and people who buy a Wii cause they want kickass graphics with the oppertunity to actually feel "Like you're there" by having to hold the controller like a machine gun and jump around to dodge bullets and what not. People who expect the Wii to be a PS3 with motion sensor controllers will be gravely disappointed.

As such, I don't see why anyone should have to defend their favorite series of video games just cause they're for Wii or whatever.

And as true as I think the above is, just cause I felt like ranting for a sec, now to the actual post!

I can't say that I've tried MH3, but from what I see it looks like a great game that is less about solving puzzles and more about actually learning, improving, and perfectionize your abilities by trial and error, and not just up your skills and end up with perma god mode in the end like so many similar games end with.

If it wasn't for the fact that my Wii is american, and I'm moving to Denmark in a few weeks, I'd totally give this a shot.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

dude, i'm not tryin to be mean but you guys are freaking stupid. I never once said the graphics were bad, i said it didn't display well. Other games displayed well, but monster hunter didn't look that great in 480p, and that's a game that's best enjoyed in hi def. I have a PS3, yet I still play ps1 games. My Wii on the 42 inch tv hooked up with component cables looks like crap. Okami and Monster Hunter 3 both look really dark and washed out and disappointing, especially since the graphics are so nice. I have to put the contrast on like max and pump up the colors for them to look good on the tv. Mario games and such look fine though, but probably because they're full of bright primaries. Also, I'm used to playing Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP, and the PSP has a great display.

Heck, I think graphics these days are too good and developers focus more on graphics than gameplay. Imagine FF13 on the ps1, you'd be walking down a boring pre-rendered path with cutscenes and battles every now and then. it'd be totally unacceptable, yet a lot of people enjoyed FF13 cuz of the graphics. Metal Gear Solid and Legend of Dragoon are 2 of my favorite games, and they're for the ps1
    Last edited by EpsilonX; 05-13-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    The Wii is designed to attempt adding excersize into the gaming community, cause, as always, the majority believe that the main reason for the extremely high adolescent obesity rates is due to video games. Right, cause fast food shacks every 300 feet in every direction has nothing to do with it.
    Actually.. the Wii was NOT designed to add exercise into the gaming community. There's only a real handful of games that are even aimed towards fitness. The rest you can easily sit on the couch and play.

And as far as fast food goes... go ahead, take the easy route and blame a product, but when it comes down to it, it's not fast food that causes people to be fat. I know people who eat fast food regularly and are skinny as hell. What it comes down to is the ability to A) Say no, I won't eat fast food, or B) I may or may not eat fast food, but I will start exercising.

Obesity is not caused by fast food, video games, tv, or anything but being plain lazy. You can eat all you want (eating several small meals a day is actually better for your metabolism than eating three big meals) and still be skinny, as long as you have discipline and exercise and keep active.

On topic, I personally haven't played MH3, the only time I can play on a Wii is at my dad's or Eps' or another friend's house. But, every game is displayed differently, whether it's because of the tv, the game engine, or settings. I mostly agree with what he's saying. :|
    Last edited by Ilyich Valken; 05-13-2011 at 08:52 PM.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

1. like i said, other games look great on the wii. monster hunter was painful to behold though, especially before i got component cables. oh man. It was dark, blurry, kinda washed out colors, and lots of jaggies.

2. I eat junk nonstop and sit around all day and i just have a slight gut.

If it looks dark and washed out maybe it might do some good to change the brightness and contrast in the game before playing again? Maybe that may help. Other wise I'm not sure what to tell you : P

Quote Originally Posted by ZXDarknessfalls View Post
    If it looks dark and washed out maybe it might do some good to change the brightness and contrast in the game before playing again? Maybe that may help. Other wise I'm not sure what to tell you : P
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX
    Okami and Monster Hunter 3 both look really dark and washed out and disappointing, especially since the graphics are so nice. I have to put the contrast on like max and pump up the colors for them to look good on the tv.
    -____- did you even read my post?

Thread Information