Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default games that you really want that haven't been made yet...

i have several ideas for games that i want but they havent been made yet. and i dont mean sequels or games based off of anything that already exists.

1. i want a game similar to the mass effect games in that the choices you make affect the next game. but i want it to be time travel based. even more so it would be INSANELY awesome if during the second game you went in the past and made choices that would then affect how the first game was played if you played it a second time with the same character. i realize hoe ridiculously ambitious that is and that it will never happne. one can dream though.

2. i want an open world zombie game in a suburban setting. have a simple story like you wake up one morning to the zombie apacolypse and you are trying to find a family member or husband/wife or gf/bf. you then proceed to wander the town and hoard supplies. all houses and buildings would be accesssible. you could basically pick your own safehouse and then store everything there. you could rescue survivors and bring them there. then fortify the place with defenses and traps. like boarding up the windows, barb-wire fences, land mines. give the survivors at your safehouse weapons. the ability to make your own weapons and traps would make this even better. you would have to bring them ammo and food and water. have a walkie-talkie or cell phone to communicate with them and they may call you and ask you to come back to help them defend it. if they arent supplied well enough or the safehouse isnt fortified well enough and you dont go back to help them you may eventually go back and find that they are dead and your safehouse has been overrun.

3. basically i want something like GTA, an epic open world crime story with great characters and character development but either on a futuristic version of earth or on another planet. futuristic weapons, vehicles, and other alien races. basically i want rockstar to colloborate with someone who knows good sci-fi stuff to make an epic sci-fi crime story.
    Last edited by edgecrusher; 05-04-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    I'm never alone, but I'm alone all the time.

nr2 You stole my idee(with a few changes).

I thought about using a google earth model to copy the real world into the game. You would start in a random location and the difficulty is what guy you play.

like Easy, you start out in the country as a soldier, You can handle guns and are pretty atletic.

Medium, you start at a small village and is just the average guy witch can handle light pistols and homemade stuff.

Hard you start at a city and cant handle guns and is bad at close quaters, youre only defence is to run.

Like that and some more.

I want:

1) A game where you create your own character, his strengths, his weaknesses, his build, his background etc. and you then have to survive in a VERY realistic world where a zombie apocalypse is raging.

It starts a few days before the apocalypse begins. You get a chance to walk the world as it is. Meeting people, making friends, buying supplies, finding a place to live, getting a job, making money to buy some more supplies. Gunstore etc. is not available since it wouldnt be fair to know that its coming and go buy all the guns you can.

You then wake up in your house/apartment/whatever on the day the dead rose, and you see people outside running away from zombies, people getting murdered, people rising from death. It is completely random, some person you are friends with might live in this game, but if you load your game to the start again, he might die cause his AI made him run a different way than before. You then pack a backpack with rations etc. depending on how well your apartment/house is naturally resistant to zombie attacks. You might have to run from your house early, fighting your way through panicing living and ravaging dead, OR you might be able to stay in your house/apartment and fortify it even more, and make your house your strong hold to begin with.

The game should never end. You should be able to play through it as many times as you want, and get a new experience each time. Maybe even add patches to the game where you can steal a car and head onto the road, driving from city to city looking for more survivors, creating a caravan of survivors to increase chance of survival.

Each person you meet should also have their own unique strengths, and weaknesses. One person might be completely loyal and truthful to you, and will stick with you until the bitter end, and another person might be rebelious and selfish, and might eventually just leave you behind when you need him the most.

Said loyal person could also become your worst enemy. A person facing death will act very different from his normaly behavior, and might decide to keep the fact that he got bitten a secret if he can. For example you might send 1 survivor out to find food, supplies, weapons, ammo, more survivors, a more fitting stronghold etc., and send another survivor out to find something entirely different, while you go take the safe job if you're in the mood for that, or take the risk and grab a gun and go out into the streets yourself. You might then later find out that one of the survivors you sent out had actually been bitten by a zombie during his job to search for something, and ends up turning into a zombie inside your compound. This should be the worse incident possible, since all of your survivors could become zombies and hunt you, forcing you to leave, leaving you alone again, needing to find more survivors.

Of course eventually you're the only survivor in the game(until a new patch is made and more living are placed in the game).

The game should then also have for example romance, mini games such as playing poker with survivors, or practice shooting zombies from your rooftop and earn money with it, etc. Just to have something to do when you're settled securely in your compound with several survivors with you.

And I believe the end goal should be to set up a functioning city made up of survivors, making it the first fortified city that is safe from zombies. Make a small military unit to go hunt instead of civilians, and watch as families get children, or elderly survivors die a peaceful death in their bed, or a child you befriended when you saved him grows into a young adult and becomes your best friend.

All of this would be SUCH an amazing game I'd probably never play anything else again.

Maybe even make the game an MMORPG in the distant future.

Things you can get:

Weapons(A huge array of them, from RPGs to glocks to chainsaws to a fork)
    Cars
    Motorcycles
    Skateboards
    bikes
    Airplanes
    boats/ships
    rollerscates
    On foot
    Trucks
    Trains
    And more

Tools to build fortification with

Linked fences
    Stone
    Wood
    Metal
    Scrap pieces of say cars or wooden fences
    Electric units to make fences electric
    compads to type in a password to get through the door.

And much much more.

And the combat should be very free and quite merciless if you make a mistake. Such as if you get into a grable with a zombie, push the right button, or make the right move with your mouse/joystick in order to wrestle yourself free. Of if you're wielding a weapon, maybe move the zombie around until you have a clear shot at firing a gunshot into his head, or stab him in the side of the head with your knife, or clubber his face inwards with your sledgehammer, whatever you might wield should make your combats VERY different.

And of course multiple zombies at once, like huge hordes of them if you should find a zombie stronghold. A Gatling gun or, for melee, a chainsaw to cut down huge numbers of zombies at once. Or if you're not that well armed, turn heel and run like crazy!!!

There should also be different kinds of zombies. If a person received an injury during or before or after the zombiefication, then that zombie should have a disability, like a limp or a none functioning arm.

Also, if a zombie is pristine and has no internal damage, they should be capable of running full speed, but only PRISTINE zombies, like freshly made. If you're on day 487 from the day the dead rose, and you see an Original Gangster zombie, he will probably be very rotted and would when he was pristine, be able to run full speed at you, but now he's so rotted through that he can move very slowly.

There should also be beastial zombies, like dogs or cats, and child zombies SHOULD be available, but there should be something you have to do to enable them, such as giving your birthdate and if its over the age of 18-21 or something, you can then check the box that enables child zombies. Without it, children are completely immune to damage or zombification. (This is cause the game should be VERY realistic, and take EVERY aspect of a zombie apocalypse into consideration.

Maybe also add seperate organizations, such as the old US government, or....

Just an idea, dont read if you easily take offense

a group of religious fanatics who believe it is gods will that all humans except those worthy enough to live, should die by their own kinds hands. So they're automatically hostile to any living person, but will remain friendly with any zombie, even if said zombie attacks them.

Or maybe a group of people who retained some level of humanity even after zombification(could be a seperate enableable patch)

That is what my most awesome but yet unmade game would be!!!

More freedom than Oblivion, and zombies instead of Daedra!!
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Hell yeah saph, You did just a review of a game that only exist in our minds(for now)

One other game I would want is similar.

You play as a normal guy and suddenly something happens. The world is getting destroyed. Storms, volcanoes, earthquakes and war amongst the survivors. I want to play as a guy trying to survive a world that get more hostile every second. In the beginning there will be panick but also bravery, you might see people doing everything trying to save eachover. As the game moves on water will be more scarce and people more desperate. In the end people that once welcomed you will try to kill you for a water bottle.

The longer the game goes the more anarchy the survivors will fall into.
    I dont want to put in monsters, I feel that desperate humans, animals and just the dangers of a world falling apart. collapsing buildings, falling trees, lava, earthquakes and water are just a few of the dangers. You will go into places there water and food is scarce do you might also have to do moralic choices. Like will you give the waterbottle to the little kid or will you doom him to death and keep it yourself.

Saph owned this thread ....
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

I want a game that's as open and customizable as oblivion, with quests and stuff, but pokemon. Without any of the cheesy plot lines that they introduced in the recent pokemon games. Something very open, you customize your character, and you start in this one town, and you explore from there. You take quests in towns, usually saving a pokemon or defeating a pokemon or something, or you can run through a forest, and pokemon will appear and stuff and you throw pokeballs at them to catch em (obviously) i think it'd be cool.

I also have a really cool idea for a game, it's basically MGS in space, like how you infiltrate the facility and a similar control style, but there'll be a lot different. not as easy to put into words lol

Quote Originally Posted by HamadaLFC8 View Post
    Saph owned this thread ....
    thats kind of what i was hoping someone would do, lol
    I'm never alone, but I'm alone all the time.

I'm not done yet!!

And maybe once you gain a certain amount of achievements, or 1 certain achievement. Maybe "Avoided the Inevitable" And survive a zombie bite, or maybe killed 500.000 zombies or something, and gain the "Zombie Mode" where you play an altered timeline where your character DID die and turn into a zombie, and your only goal is to roam around the city killing survivors!

Where you can like sneak up behind them, and push a button that makes you moan right before sinking your teeth into their scalp!!!

You know, play like a smarter than the rest zombie!?
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

An ultra realistic zombie Apocalypse action survival horror MMO.

And if your character dies you have to play a zombie for a set time before a new playable character was given to you.

Similar to what saph said but with a lot of people playing.
    Last edited by BobTD; 05-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information