Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Use Your Opinon..

So I've noticed there seem to be a hell of a lot of musicians on this forum. I got a new camera and would like to know what you guys think of the sound quality. Like, is it decent enough for covers. My biggest concern is the volume level. I have to turn my speakers up to about 50% when usually that'd blow my friggin eardrums out.

Recorded a couple of my warm up sweeps to use as a quality test. Just a short vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfw8s2sHJdE

Ignore my messy hair, it's all grimy n **** cause I just got done mowin mine and the neighbors' yards. :P

Sig by TheMangler

There's a lot of static, idk if it's my laptop speakers or if it's the video though. I'd turn the volume up a bit or something, it sounds a bit muted.

Hmm, might be a combination of both. No static on my desktop or laptop (which is toshiba and they always have pretty sweet speakers in their lappys)

Sig by TheMangler

My speakers are terrible lol, they crackle and go out randomly.

Hahah, that sucks :O I'd just use headphones.

Sig by TheMangler

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Played it on my stereo. Seems like the microphone on the camera is a bit weak...
    There is no static for me though... Can you turn up the input volume for your microphone?

You can get the same type of sound "quality" in any media that has multiple volume controls. Like if you are playing a song on you're PC, while having the volume on the PC low and trying to compensate by turning the speakers up.

(You should always have all volume settings on max (incase of multiple volume controllers) except the last one that gives direct output to your speakers which you should set to the desired volume.)

Sig. by Psychotray

Quote Originally Posted by Exentenzed View Post
    Played it on my stereo. Seems like the microphone on the camera is a bit weak...
    There is no static for me though... Can you turn up the input volume for your microphone?

You can get the same type of sound "quality" in any media that has multiple volume controls. Like if you are playing a song on you're PC, while having the volume on the PC low and trying to compensate by turning the speakers up.

(You should always have all volume settings on max (incase of multiple volume controllers) except the last one that gives direct output to your speakers which you should set to the desired volume.)
    I found one volume option that I set to high, but on camera playback it was only showing volume of the video at half bars.. I'm assuming I increased volume output and not input, but I couldn't find an input option anwhere. 'Spose I'll have to go against my code and read the manual :P

Edit: I'm probably just gonna grab an external mic if there's no luck after reading the instructions; You've pretty much confirmed my concerns with the volume
    Last edited by Synge; 05-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

Exentenzed is offline Professional (Battlefield) Helicopter Pilot.

Ahahaha

Well i hope you get that sorted.
    Also i reccomend recording music in a room with a bit better acoustics...
    Im not an expert but it sounded to me that the room you where playing in wasnt realy optimal. :P

Sig. by Psychotray

Haha, thanbks. And yeah, my house is like all open, living room, kitchen and dining are all connected, plus I was on amp distortion, my pedals are at my buddy's (where my band practices). I'll most likely do my covers in the bedroom.

Sig by TheMangler

Sounds fine to me, to be honest.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

Thread Information