Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O! M! F! G!

Default O! M! F! G!

PSN sucks etc etc..
    Last edited by Jaykub; 05-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Whoa man no need to get THAT mad. we don't mind rants but try to keep it a little clean. I understand we're effected by PSN being down in some way or another.

Why are you mad at PSN? They did nothing wrong they were attacked and clearly because of that attack they became active to protect against further attacks THAN they got attacked again stealing more credit card information. Dont hate on Sony for their lack of security measures in place, hate on anonymous, or whoever you believe to be at fault.

I think hating on Sony is perfectly fine. They chose not to upgrade their obviously obsolete (and they even knew it was obsolete and weakly protected) browser and security measures. The only thing encrypted on their entire network was credit card info and one other thing, everything else was stored in .txt files.

Not only this, but they dragged ass warning their consumer base of the attack on the system and the leak of sensitive information. All this stemmed from their weak, ineffective security system that we all know they could've had upgraded, they certainly have the money to.

On that note, no. There is no date currently to when PSN is going to be back up. They were hoping for this weekend, but they "realized that wasn't possible" and pushed it back further. So your guess is as good as anybody's.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

out of curiosity has PSN ever been attaked liked this before? Because if not they wont feel it needed to upgrade their security if nothing is happening. You know the old saying "if its not broke dont fix it"

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

No, that's not how it works in industries like this... You do NOT store vital information in plain text - you encrypt it. If they'd had even a rudimentary encryption scheme, they'd look at least a bit better... a company should not be storing their customers' data like that. Especially if they are as big as Sony. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer security knows that

If you are a large company, you have to count on being the target of an attack at some point, and protect yourself and your customers accordingly.

So... yeah, it is their fault. :/

^ Sig by Foofle ^

I dont think they left it in plain text muffin unless there is an article i havent read on it. THe biggest issue when it comes to PSN is how many hackers were involved in the attack because the the more hackers you got the better the chance to by pass any and all security measures.

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Everything I have read said that they did, and others have confirmed that to me - but I could be wrong on that.

In any case, their security wasn't up to par, which is their fault, and leaves them open to more hackers...

all we can do is hope they learn from it and take better precautions.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

I mean it had to have been an XBOX player. Who would have a PSN account and hack there own online system, and make themselves unable to play on tht online system. That would be retarded. Now, ive been into a few hacked lobbys like on WaW a guy was just shootin at a wall and killed us all. but anyways no one knows wen PSN will be back up? Echo told me one day that they are probably gonna change it from PSN to SOE (Sony Online Entertainment)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    No, that's not how it works in industries like this... You do NOT store vital information in plain text - you encrypt it. If they'd had even a rudimentary encryption scheme, they'd look at least a bit better... a company should not be storing their customers' data like that. Especially if they are as big as Sony. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer security knows that

If you are a large company, you have to count on being the target of an attack at some point, and protect yourself and your customers accordingly.

So... yeah, it is their fault. :/
    What muffins said. Everything I have read online basically points in the same direction.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information