Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O! M! F! G!

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Ok, see if I got it all right.

Playstation live did go down because of a hacker attack. After being down for a long time they starting up again jsut to be attacked again by anomynos hacker. It get known that they had lousy security and that now several creditcard codes and stuff been "stolen".

And now no one knows when it will go back up again.

Did that sum it up?
    Naw, they only got attacked twice in april. Now they were only retarded enough to put spreadsheets with confidential data onto a public, unsecured server and some "hackers" snatched it and uploaded it. Whole different thing, but in Sonys book this still constitutes hacking. That's as of... yesterday evening? I think that's why they delayed PSN until mid-May.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Ah this is pointless. With the massive amounts of butthurt caused by this nobody seems to be able to get their facts together. But yea I get the point.
    No one is even being butthurt o_O Don't be condescending.

We're talking about a company and the way they handle the information of their customers... Apparently Sony wasn't doing a very good job of it. That's all people are saying; I don't see most of the people commenting as being "butthurt" in any way, shape, or form.

There is no reason for you to act as if people are.

And you just admitted they're being stupid with their security measures... wtf?

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post

We're talking about a company and the way they handle the information of their customers... Apparently Sony wasn't doing a very good job of it. That's all people are saying; I don't see most of the people commenting as being "butthurt" in any way, shape, or form.

I agree with muffin in this one bro, no one here are being butthurt about anything. And as Muffin pointed out, you're the one who complained about their bad security.
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post

Are you trying to put words in my mouth as always? Gimme a break.

I didn't say "all the people here are being butthurt"; I was referring to the overall state caused by this incident, if you read the comment sections on gamespot for example, you'll see more butthurt than you need.

If that was misunderstood, I apologize. And I'll use the word "upset" from now on if that puts your rainbow mind at ease.

And it's pointless for me to make a point(see what I did there?) because everybody thinks to know whats right, and there are like tons of pages and each has their own assumption on whats going on, Sony is, naturally, as vague as possible about the facts.

Some people are upset because PSN is down, some are upset because their data was leaked, others are upset because Sony has a lame-ass security.

I also never said that sonys security is great. So I didn't technically "admit" that they are being stupid with their security. I just pointed out the obvious.
    All I ever said was that their security had no part in this play if this was a sophisticated attack.

Next time, I'd be nice if you read a little less between the lines before you try to tag me for something I didn't do or say.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

I think they are being vague because they dont want to be... for a lack of a better word laughed at. So I would think they want to keep information to a minimum. However the second user information was hit they should have sent out a massive alert through out the PSN network informing users of what has happened and given some suggestions on what they should do next.

They did drop the ball but its all in the name to keep their rep looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    They did drop the ball but its all in the name to keep their rep looking good.
    Which ends up bending them over anyways. I can guarantee Sony would look 100x better than it does now if they'd reacted immediately, and told the FBI the day they noticed unauthorized access of that magnitude instead of just shutting down PSN and waiting for a number of days to report anything to anyone.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

What I want to know is this. From the point of noticing the unauthorized access what was their next move. Because with a company like Sony you have to expect that there would be some thief of sometype and they might have done a quick investigation into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersvirus View Post
    What I want to know is this. From the point of noticing the unauthorized access what was their next move. Because with a company like Sony you have to expect that there would be some thief of sometype and they might have done a quick investigation into it.
    They probably did, but the amount of time it took still seems a little.. ridiculous.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

^ Joker & Ilyich, debate conquerers!
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

The attack occurred on April 16-17
    two days later, april 19, Sony detects the breach. That is... scary right there. Your network had unauthorized personnel in it and it takes you two days after the attack to detect it? Yes, security is a bit... out of date...
    April 20, they shut down the network due to technical issues. This is where they should have been forth coming and said they were attacked and explain the breach.
    April 26 they call the FBI. 10 days after the attack they call the FBI, it had to be an investigation that was either done very slowly and throughly OR they were trying to make up some BS execuse as to why it was down.

I agree 9 days after the attack they call for FBI? Why not when they detected the breach? For that we cant hold it against them unless they didnt do what they were suppose to. They could have had protocol to follow and what not to do their own internal investigation to make a determinacy that it was a hacker attack. There is alot of information missing but the time is really screwed up. But again there is information we are missing like what happened after they detected the breach. I would love to see their protocol on what they do when a breach is detected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVU6v53ow8k
    Last edited by Jokersvirus; 05-08-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Thread Information