Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror Games

Default Horror Games

You know when you want a game bad but dont have it or cant play it. Yeah, Im kinda in that problem.
    Ive been wanting a scary/horror game for a while and I just cant decide what I want to get. I want something thats not too gory and not too too scary but enough to satisfy me. I want something fairly old but not too old or something I can get cheap. Systems: ps2, xbox 360, xbox, wii
    No pc games (F'ing computer)
    Any suggestions? Id appreciate it thanks!
    "Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Thank You Th3-devils-princess!^

I'd say go with Silent Hill 2... it's simply the best of the series.
    You may wanna try Alone in the Dark.
    Cryostasis should be on X360 I think.

You could specify how crap your PC is, but if you want some real quality horror that will make sure you'll have to change your pants afterwards, get Amnesia-The Dark Descent.
    Or if your PC can't handle it, its predecessor: Penumbra.

For consoles you could also go with F.E.A.R (the very first one), and Condemned.

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

My PC is like the crap you find in a junkyard by a hobo eatin by a dinosuar crapped out and thrown up by a shoggoth.
    Oh. It's a Gateway is one major thing. It's fast and large memory and RAM but the graphics card SUCKS! I can't even play Spore! that's what crap it is.
    Also, Amnesia: The Dark Descent looks AWESOME! I would love to have it!
    Thanks for your suggestions too.
    "Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Thank You Th3-devils-princess!^

forbidden siren bloodshot.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_eyes_555 View Post
    Resident Evil 4 for Ps2.....it comes with my seal of approval
    Yea but RE4, as much as I love it, is neither a horror game nor scary.
    It's more like a funhouse shooter and doesn't take itself very seriously. xD
    It's also the best Resident Evil game out there

"Those creatures are like Butterflies. Except that they don't fly, and they're really ugly. And they have a lettuce stuck right in their throats. Actually, they're nothing like Butterflies. But they make cocoons... like Butterflies."

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Yea but RE4, as much as I love it, is neither a horror game nor scary.
    It's more like a funhouse shooter and doesn't take itself very seriously. xD
    It's also the best Resident Evil game out there
    i was 14 when i played it....and it scared the heck out of just how silent and creepy the map was....and the blind guy with the huge nails....I had some serious nightmares about him

On Amnesia: The Dark Descent: Hope you read my review on it

I should tell you that I'd first of all give Amnesia a try, cause its graphics are not exactly top notch, but like you say, they're satisfactory. And the gameplay is just downright creepy. Not gory creepy or anything, but if you're a faint hearted guy with horror games, Amnesia will send you running through your house screaming! I completed Amnesia the Dark Descent, and the game is fairly short, but due to just how creepy it is, the game will take you WEEKS, maybe even MONTHS to complete!

Another good horror game is F.E.A.R, but its for computer(not sure if its around for consoles though? I'd look into it, FEAR is deffinately my 2nd choice for ya!

Believe it or not, Minecraft is actually pretty creepy! It gets very dark at night, and creatures can come out of the darkness and attack you. Or even while you're digging underground in a darkened tunnel only lit by a few torches. The game itself has a very erie feeling to it when you're 50 blocks below ground level.

Other creepy games that I recommend:

Silent Hill(Wii)(Cant remember it's name, but its the frozen little girl on a swing). This SH game is sorta like Amnesia, but with a twist. instead of a lantern, you have a flashlight. But the general goal is still the same. Complete the puzzles, and run from monsters cause you're unarmed.

Fallout 3: The game is in my opinion just scary as heck in a way. When its dark and you're roaming around the wasteland, or you're in the subways and getting chased by a mob of mad ghouls. Deffinately worth it for the creepy factor!

Dead Island: Not out yet, but when its out I'm sure it'll be a huge creep fest! It's a zombie game by the way.

Carmageddon: A horror racing game for Windows 98, awesome game, although if you want slightly better graphics, but less atmosphere, go with the sequel, but if you want a hardcore creepy atmosphere but worse graphics, go with the original! These games are by far the creepiest i've ever played, maybe cause I was a kid when I played them. The goal is pretty much to either

1) Win the race by getting to the finish line first after a certain number of laps
    2) Destroy all of your enemies
    3) Screw around and kill as many pedestrians as possible

Carmageddon is friggin scary bro 0.@

Bioshock is pretty creepy too.

Those are my ideas for ya. To get the really good horror games in my opinion, you'll need a computer with a big-ish screen, a dark room, big puffy headphones, and a clock striking midnight. PS3 or Xbox 360 or Wii etc. are just not the same!
    ##WARNING! [-SAPH-]_virus.exe has been detected in your thread!##
    ##Initiating Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program module A...##
    ##Saph_Removal_Tool.exe program has failed##
    ##Initiating EMERGENCY_BACKUP_SAPH_REMOVAL##

Silent Hill 2 is really psychological horror.
    Haunting ground is scary because you're in a castle with no defenses except for this dog that follows you around and you have to find your way out while you're getting stalked the whole time, and theres some hiding spots but sometimes they find you. it really freaked me out. Kinda psychological horror and jump scares
    Resident Evil games are fun if you want more jump scares than psychological scares, but try to get one of the older ones (like re2 for ps1, or code veronica x) since they're more horror based, re4 is more of an action game

I recommend Condemned and Condemned 2:Bloodshot(the second one wasnt as good, but it was still fun)
    The fear franchise is decent, the Silent Hill series is probably your best bet for 360 though, its just a good old scary franchise

Thread Information